Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:33:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mark Heap - he's in a music video!

Started by 13 schoolyards, June 18, 2005, 03:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Passing Turk Slipper

Aye, he mentions liking the Boards of Canada's new album then get's told off for going off topic doesn't he. I can't get that video to work, anyone know the url of the actual video so I can just download it? Or does it not work like that.

Divnee Gan

Quote from: "A Passing Turk Slipper"anyone know the url of the actual video so I can just download it? Or does it not work like that.

It's http://www.dominorecordco.com/site/resources/files/wmv/Four_Tet_High.wvx

Not sure if you need any fancy codecs installed to view it though (I have tonnes of the buggers on my machine)

Divnee Gan

A quick google revaeals that .wvx is the streaming version af a .wmv file. So although you won't be able to right-click and download the file, but you can watch it "live". What the fuck am I doing still up at this hour?

Here's a direct link to the wmv file (15.7MB).

imitationleather

I really like that song and the video.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Cheers guys, I can watch it in media player now rather than on that page. I thought it was a really nice song and the video was good too - it really suited the music. I think good videos are videos which look as if the music was written for the video rather than the opposite and in this case I think that's true.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

The video looks like some terrible vision of comedy in the future, where TV programmes consist entirely of MARK HEAP REACTS cutaways.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"The video looks like some terrible vision of comedy in the future, where TV programmes consist entirely of MARK HEAP REACTS cutaways.
Heh, come on, it's not that bad. I quite enjoyed it.

Jon_Norton

Quote from: "benthalo"Jack Dee's Saturday Night (30/12/95), on a bill with Menswear and Seal.

I saw that show, but I have no recollection whatsoever of Mark Heap or any stand-ups on it. I mainly remember wondering why Seal was doing something as downmarket as this show, and also how Menswear had managed to get as upmarket as it as well. Very strange booking policy.

Jon_Norton

Has anyone else noticed the trend for adverts that are like rejected-sketches from Big Train and the like? It's been going quite a while now.

Mr. Analytical

Quote from: "Jon_Norton"Has anyone else noticed the trend for adverts that are like rejected-sketches from Big Train and the like? It's been going quite a while now.

"Calm down dear it's just a commercial.  Now, would anyone like to see my impression of a monkey?"

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Also those 'Rules of Comedy' idents on UK Gold, featuring surgeons and the like.

Waking Life

Quote from: "Jon_Norton"Has anyone else noticed the trend for adverts that are like rejected-sketches from Big Train and the like? It's been going quite a while now.

Yes.  They talk about that on the commentary for it too.