Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:22:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Paddington 2

Started by Blue Jam, December 24, 2020, 05:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twit 2

Quote from: Menu on December 27, 2020, 01:59:38 AM
I don't want to upset anyone but didn't Are Glinner do some uncredited writing on these?

The bit where he cooks a carbonara in prison for his fellow sex criminals.

Blue Jam

Bee Movie features a rather cringe-making "flying over the kids' heads" joke about how a drone pretending to be a queen is a drag queen. I bet Are Glinner likes that one. Especially as it's his hero Jerry Seinfeld saying the line.

My cousin's nippers used to enjoy that one and I never really got it. Surely Jerry Seinfeld's voice is enough of a bonus for any parents watching? That's something Pixar did well with The Incredibles 2, with two characters who were essentially Mike Ehrmantraut and Saul Goodman, and played by the same actors. "Hey, it's them from out of Breaking Bad!" is enough to entertain the grown-ups, no need to have any characters making smutty jokes that confuse kids.

Pixar > Dreamworks.

The Paddington films are great fun of course because they've got Him From James Bond And Nathan Barley, Them From The Thick Of It, Her From Spaced, Him From In Bruges etc.

notjosh

Both wonderful films which have picked up the baton from Wallace & Gromit of representing the best kind of old-fashioned British eccentricity.

My favourite joke in either film (and a very Aardmanesque one) is when Nicole Kidman is in her office in the Natural History Museum with a load of stuffed animal heads on the wall, then she moves through to the next room and you see all their arses sticking out the other side.

The ending from the second one is really lovely and made me tear up a fair bit.

holyzombiejesus

The animated Nickelodeon TV Series is pretty good. It's got Ben Whishaw doing the Paddington voice and Reese Sheersmith as Mr Curry.

Menu

Menu

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on December 27, 2020, 09:05:51 PM
The animated Nickelodeon TV Series is pretty good. It's got Ben Whishaw doing the Paddington voice and Reese Sheersmith as Mr Curry.

Does it have the same production team? Is it anywhere near the same quality?

Norton Canes

Norton Canes

Sally Hawkins would make a fantastic Doctor Who

Norton Canes

All a bit middle class though innit

Norton Canes

Ha ha, 'tellivizion'

(that's Hugh Grant pronouncing 'television' with extreme disdain)