Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,469
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:39:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fun Christmas pop party slammers that are quick to learn and play

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, December 24, 2020, 10:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/bobby-helms/jingle-bell-rock-chords-1443245

Entertaining/annoying the house by learning Christmas songs (which I'll forget then repeat the process each year)

A good example of a piece where the experience of performing it is quite similar to the experience of listening to it. Gently playful, hardly drastically complicated but enough there to keep you on your toes.

The intro riff is a nice little melody to play too.

Have you got any good suggestions for xmas slammers to pick up and learn in 5-10 minutes?

Twit 2

Hello, I just woke bolt-upright in my Crimble sick,
as if spurred into motion by some unseen force, and with the overwhelming urge to mention that those lyrics to "Jingle Bell Rock" are an insipid load of aids trough bollocks. It's a swell time to go gliding in a GRAVE, Bobby Helms, you dick-pierced bag of shit. Merry Cunt.

Ok, night.

idunnosomename

depends what party you're at and how ironic it is but Another Rock 'n Roll Christmas is also just G, C, D7, with the chorus as G, Em, C, D. though you really need to play it as a shuffle riff rather than just open chords

jenna appleseed

Forget which cabber posted it but the whole 'piss/fuck off with/on your jingle horse' thing still makes me laugh.

eta: found it - Thank you easytarget for 7 years of sweary jingle horse fun.
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,39625.msg2119072.html#msg2119072

Ferris

Just practiced with the brother in law.

7 xmas bangers ready to go, your boy Ferris on the piano and leccy guitar as and when.

Boxing Day zoom bout to get cray up in this mahh.