Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:01:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2005 : WINNER JUTL WINNER JUTL WINNER JUTL

Started by splattermac, June 19, 2005, 11:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

splattermac

What lovely colourful rules courtesy of ccab, reminds me of seaside undergarments.

My mystery whore is loading the tombola as we speak and I look forward to seeing the first draw.

Just to help out anyone who doesn't have their own webspace you can use these for hosting

http://www.imageshack.us/

http://photobucket.com/ (the better of the two in my opinion)

lazyhour

I am very pleased to announce, in a much tinier form than splattermac's above rules, this year's Wimblemong First Round Draw.

To ensure fairness, I used Winamp to generate a random list of pairings, and stood outside the room with my hands over my eyes as it mixed 'em up.

Voila:  

May the best VerbWhore win.

ccab

Thanks Lazyhour -

Plank vs Almost leaps out immediately. Also RM vs suttonpubcrawl - and Rou Rou vs Slim... tough, mean first round ahead!

edit - & waspfisting-cardinal tit storm too, what a round.

mr rou-rou

Excellent. Some lovely pairings.

Don't start your game threads just yet, let Gandhi unsticky last years threads and clear the place out first. You might like to PM your opponent and decide who's going to serve and what packages you are using. It can be useful for swapping layers. Ignore that if you don't understand it :)

Big Jack McBastard

I'm trying to size up the opposition here but I can't find any or Mr Maximus' pictures, ooh wild card.

splattermac

He's a clever lad. I reckon he's going to use maths against you so watch out for 4D shapes as they are buggers to return.

You can find his first round shots on Fanny's website 2004

slim

A former champ in the first round? I feel like David. Here's hoping I have a good sling arm.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Forget the big guns, I predict the best first round to be SBM vs. pythov, and I base that, on absolutely nothing.

mr rou-rou

You can defeat me with a strong Gin Sling.

As for a time limit.

Four days and a days worth of voting. We have a few Glasto whores playing so I expect the first round will be quite flexible so don't worry about time limits quite yet.

imitationleather

Almost Yearly

I always quite enjoyed PT's shots too. Ah well, he's taking the bin out now.

Why isn't the first name of each pairing always the one to serve? Too easy?

Yay, first troublemaking rulequestioning post of the year. You're welcome.

Plank

Sounds sensible to me Mr. Yearly sir. I'll go first then, unless you want to try and ace me on your serve.

Pip pip, best of British and all that.

Timmay

Good luck everyone! I don't wish to take anything away from your future efforts, but it's still just cutting out shapes and sticking them on mildly amusi... etc etc.

ccab

Quote from: "AY"Why isn't the first name of each pairing always the one to serve? Too easy?

It's completely up to the players, but if they can't agree your suggestion's as good as any other for settling it. That said, I don't think there's ever been a squabble over serve.

sproggy

Does anyone know who sweetrosylee is please?

I'll assume it's a typo then.

sproggy

Right you are.

Better crank up the old monitor's contrast & brightness then ;-)

Cerys

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

What's the deadline for the first round?

I don't get back from Glasto until this time next week, and I'm leaving on wednesday and we won't be finished by then...

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

ccab

I spy a HORSE!

Come on, Ginny, give us some commentary!

Flook

I saw 'im too... quite rare in these parts nowadays I hear?

ccab

Quote from: "Eight Taiwanese Teenagers"Glastonbury + why am I called ett3?

Don't worry about it, the Glastonburyers get a soft deadline. Pause your match while you're away & catch up later.

What's wrong with ett3? Would you prefer ett4?

ccab

Actually, I was messing around with a seeding system, back when Rou Rou was still a doubt. You'd have been third seed on past form. All very sophisticated - in the end too sophisticated.

lazyhour

Splatterou provided the names - We can only guess what was going through his mind at the time.

fanny splendid

Okay, this years entries are slowly being added. Thanks for the colour scheme!

Tennis shots are here.

splattermac

Another quality product from fanny industries.

It's nice to see the thumbnails because I can't look at the friggin' full-size threads because of people looking over my shoulder at work. Unless I can get online from a mate's pc in the evening I won't be able to follow the matches or vote.

Two days without a PC and everything is 'cu*ting this' and 'cu*ting that', after about a week's cold turkey I'll have an ASBO!

Almost Yearly

Nice one fanny. :thumbs:

I done this on the practice court the other day:

Can't say it's not annoying to have put the effort in when there's all this lunching out going on. I've got other more fruitful things to do too, but I entered so I played. *Huff*.