Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:35:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2005 : WINNER JUTL WINNER JUTL WINNER JUTL

Started by splattermac, June 19, 2005, 11:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccab

That's great fanny! cheers!

The state of play
First round winners:

abbie
regular john
jutl
baptist
rubbish monkey
fanny
plank
cerys
lt plnker
sbm
cardinal tit storm

glasonburying

Rou-rou - Slim
Trucks - Ett5

unfinished/voting

no_offenc - rolodex
big jack - claudius maximus
sproglette - sweet rosalyn

This means that as anticipated, the second round will get underway with several games from the first round outstanding. The second round draw will appear in this thread by 10pm tonight. Once up, contact your opponents and get your matches underway. Please attach a round 2 label to thread-titles to avoid confusion & hysterics.

If you happen to be drawn against a player involved in the glastonbury-ravaged matches, you will have to wait until these are completed and then catch up. To keep everything organised, Gandhi will only lock round 2 threads when all roudn 1 threads are closed.

ccab

Here's the second round draw, good luck everyone.

big jack/claudius maximus - ett5/derek trucks
baptist - jutl
cerys - RM
fanny - plank
regular john - sproglette/sweet rosalyn
sbm - cardinal tit storm
lt plonker - rou-rou/slim
abbie - no_offenc/rolodex

Flook

ooooh tasty matches! looking forward to this.

Rubbish Monkey

Rules question: is portrait format allowed? It was in Jalopy, but no-one seems to have done it in Wimblemong...

Nice one - don't have to start again then! Thanks for the speedy response too.

ccab

splat, can you be a dear & update the thread title to Round 2?

slim

Quote from: "splattermac"yup, do your 600x400 in any orientation.
Ah, I didn't know that. Glad I looked here then.

Cerys

Congratulations Rubbish Monkey!  Although of course if you don't go on to win the tournament I'll have to exact a terrible revenge.

This year's Wimblemong has taught me three things.  I don't need cannabis to come up with weird shit (and I had been a bit nervous in case my mong depended on it); I can be out-darknessed (which I'd suspected for some time); and nothing beats a comedy reference to fisting.

But I'll be back.  Oh, yes.  <cue evil laughter choked off by sudden peanut M&M related accident>

ClaudiusMaximus

Erm, the match between me and Big Jack McBastard seems to have been locked...

Which of us plays Derek Trucks in round 2?

Gandhi

Quote from: "Big Jack McBastard"Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:58 pm

Shit, sorry folks I've had too much going on lately, I'll bow out here I think.

butnut

Hmm, with all the sudden injuries and people dropping out appearing this year, I wonder if a match-fixing committee should be set up. They should have powers to check everyone's PMs to see if there's been any funny business going on.

Big Jack's Defence Lawyer

I would like to inform the 'Verbwhores Wimblemong Match Fixing Committee' (from here on in to be referred to as the Whore Testers) that Mr McBastard has been chopping down trees, boozing and transporting large quantities of shite to the tip in a big van for the last six days. This is due to Mr McBastard's brother recently obtaining a new property and needing a willing lackey for chopping, boozing, hauling and general abuse.

I would ask the Whore Testers to take into account the two shots his lazy ass actually managed to do and the genuine intentions he had to finish the round on the second of this very month, when he found much to his chagrin, that he'd ran out of time. Mr McBastard has given me the following statement regarding this state of affairs:

"Oh piss flaps."

Mr McBastard would also like to state that the rumours of his receiving large sums of cash in innocuous brown envelopes as an utter fabrication and is deeply offended that anyone in universe could even think for even a second that he would accept such a thing to drop out of the competition.

Sadly Mr McBastard is unable to provide his defence in person as he is currently visiting Barbados for six months in his platinum coated personal jet, negotiating the purchase of one of the larger islands for an 'exclusive party'

DocDaneeka

Lt Plonker was robbed! Slim was good too mind.

slim

Aw, I'm flattered. Good game Plonker, I really didn't think I'd make it through.

Lt Plonker

Ha! Thanks Doc! I enjoyed playing too slim. Good game, good game. :)

I'll be back.

ccab

The tournament's now in it's business-end, and after the soft second round allowing stragglers time to catch up, time limits will be enforced more strictly. All matches to be finished by Saturday 12am, and any dropouts hereafter will be nastied with a flail.

The players left are:

Claudius Maximus - Jutl
Rubbish Monkey - Plank

Slim - Abbie
Sproglette -Cardinal Tit Storm

Good luck everyone.

butnut

sproggy

Do us old and slow bastards get an extension on the Saturday deadline due to the 'disappearance' of the board?

ccab

Yeah, that should be alright.

The Semis need to be under way by Monday, so matches should be wound up (including voting) by Sunday.

slim

I'm going to have to drop out of this. My Photoshop is fucked and I can't get to grips with GIMP enough to produce anything of worth. Sorry guys and girls.

Abbie

Quote from: "slim"I'm going to have to drop out of this. My Photoshop is fucked and I can't get to grips with GIMP enough to produce anything of worth. Sorry guys and girls.

As it happens, i've not got time to play anyway, so you should go through to the next round on a free pass.  Sorry I haven't PM'd you back, it's been one of those weeks...  You can do a search on soulseek for photoshop - you should get quite a few matches.  Next time i'm on my home PC I will share it for you if you've had no luck.  Toodlepip.

slim

Heh, are you going to have free time for the next round though? I'd hate to drop out first and then still go through if you'll have time as of Monday.

Perhaps I'll get 'shop sorted by then if you're not able to do it.

Rubbish Monkey

Poof off you pair of gays. Your  places should go to the people you beat if you can't play. Or me when i loose. Which i am,

splattermac

It's been a strange tournament, I can see the ivy creeping over it day by day, the winner gets an engraved tombstone to commemorate their stamina in the face of bow outs and cry offs.

slim

My paint program gone done broke, I ain't no gays.

ccab

Microsoft have a beta graphics app you can download free if you fancy it, though it's probably limited besides Photoshop.

http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/

This is turning into a very bald tournament. It's like a box of chinese fireworks. If you two both drop out now, it's going to leave just 3 for the semis - it's probably better to make them a 3 way final, just like the first WM.

slim

I'm endeavouring to get the necessary software to be able to continue if Abbie still hasn't time to go through. Thanks for the link - I'll check it out once home.

slim

I'm all set for the next round if Abbie can't do it.