Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:39:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2005 : WINNER JUTL WINNER JUTL WINNER JUTL

Started by splattermac, June 19, 2005, 11:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanny splendid

ccab

Of course, the semi line-ups determined by the quarter-finals.

Jutl - Plank
Cardinal Tit Storm - Slim

Get in touch with your opponents and start the threads. Matches need to be finished by Sunday. Good luck everyone. Despite all the bailings-out it's a mouthwateringly strong line-up.

Cerys

I'm already scared, and I'm not even playing!

fanny splendid

I'm still keeping a record of the competition for those who are interested.

Wimblemong 2005

Also, I have thrown a table cloth over the 2003 Wimblemong to make it more, erm, attractive.

Wimblemong 2003

Cerys

I don't know about attractive, but my eyes have gone all funny.

Almost Yearly

Is that the plastic wipe-clean cafeteria Gingham? Laaavly.

Like the skulls too.

( When I click on the shots and the 600x400 window opens, the pic is offset down and right a few pixels.)

fanny splendid

Are you missing some of the picture, or can you resize the window? It shows up differently on the two web browsers I use. Throw in another couple of browsers, and a couple more operating systems, and we could have a cure for cats.

What they should do is have a language like HTML, but one which is standard across all browsers and platforms!

Imagine that!

Glad you like the skulls. They go well with Gingham.

Almost Yearly

They indubitably do.

I'm missing some of the pictures and I can't resize the window, despite it having a tab for doing so. Its maximise button is greyed. Get to it, big boy.

fanny splendid

I have added resizable windows, I think. My PC refuses to connect to the internet, and so I can't be sure it's working.

Flook

It is.

Just a suggestion - can you add on blur window.close to the body tag in the popup so I dont get RSI trying to close all the windows :-)

Edit - ah no youre just opening the JPGs arent you...never mind.
I could do you a script that would do it tho

fanny splendid

I could put the full size jpgs on the page but there is always someone with a small monitor, or a slow internet connection, or on a PC. Yes, a PC!

Any help, however, would be appreciated. As long as it's as easy as using a find/replace function in my text editor!

Flook

Have a look at this Fanny
http://www.deconstructed.net/splendid/fanny.zip

I've rewritten the script a little bit so you'll have more control over the pop up window.  Added the onBlur close window thing. Works fine on IE and NS (PC) but I would test it on your dirty mac before unleashing on the general public.

fanny splendid

Thanks, but sorry, it doesn't seem to be doing anything on Firefox , or Safari, apart from the the image is no longer flush with the top and left hand sides of the window.

http://www.clareanderson.co.uk/cookdandbombd/CaB_Photoshop_Tennis_2003/fanny.htm

I have uploaded your fanny file; but what is meant to happen?

Flook

Ah firefox and safari - I dont have them to test on.
Its supposed to open the window and show the image as before , but then when you click away from the pop up, it should close itself.  this method would also allow you to set the gingham background on the popups and add in any other html stuff if you wanted, by changing the code written into the window,

I did wonder if safari would be a problem as they seem to have taken yet another interperetation of the javascript model.

Anyway, if you want to continue with it you can make the image flush top left by changing the line

str+='<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" onBlur="window.close();">';

to

str+='<body leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" onBlur="window.close();">';

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Flook"but then when you click away from the pop up, it should close itself.

Ah, I tell a lie, it works in Safari, but not in Firefox, which is fine, I don't use Firefox.

I'll add the code to the other pages, thanks.

Edit: It works in Firefox now. Thanks for the advice Flook, it looks a bit better now with the background image in the pop-up window, and the picture centred. Cheers!

Flook

Yay, looks good.

Well certainly more gingham-y anyway :-)

slim

<shakes Tit's hand>

Well, I'm glad I didn't get the love thrashing I thought was on the way. The best man won, and I paid the price for being foxed by the custom Madeley shot. I'm looking forward to the final very much, and I'm grateful to all my opponents that dropped out and propelled me further than I could have ever dreamt of.

I'd like to thank my mum, my dad, the ballboys, Gandhi the umpire, the hard working lads and lasses in the cocktail lounge, the spectators, Roger Daltry, Adobe, the brave people of Constantinople, Walkers Crisps, the kids of Fame, three time indoor slope champion Francis Beanbean, toadstools, Private Eye, Neil, TJ, Jacks (purveyors of fine Wellington boots), the Christian Fundamentalists of Texas, the Flying Pickets, Grace Kelly, my mum, my dad...

jutl

Quote from: "Plank"Well done jutl. Good luck in the final.

Thank you - you played a great game.

Cerys

Dammit, you're all being too gentlemanly.  Where are the hissy fits?  The thrown racquets?  The threats of physical violence to the umpire?  Bah.

wasp_f15ting

well done to both of you, I feel honoured I played against someone who is entering the finals ;-)

splattermac

Big thanks to all those who took part and well done to the Cardinal and jutl for battling through to the final, it was very close in the end.

So this year's champion is jutl and well deserved it is too.

butnut

Yes, well done to both finalists - a supreme monging final!

I think everyone deserves some champagne and strawberries. Bring on the dancing girls.

jutl

Thank you all for your votes and your curious taste. I didn't vote at all, but it seems to me that both Plank and CTS were better than me, so there you go. Does anyone have any shots they thought better of? How about a gallery of rejects?

ccab

Bravo Jutl! A terrific performance, highly deserved and especially impressive considering this was your first Wimblemong. You are now hoisted into the pantheon of monging giants to perch with greats such as Horsegun, Abbie and - that other lass, I forget her name. Savour your triumph, the fame, the glory, the breasts it will set wobbling for you and remember always to gloat like a vacuum.

Commiserations CTS, but I'm sure this won't be your last final.

Almost Yearly

Yup, well done everyone, except the welchers - priorities, honestly!

Quote from: "jutl"Plank ... better than me
Yup, have to agree with that. ;-)

QuoteDoes anyone have any shots they thought better of? How about a gallery of rejects?
Yup, I wondered this too. Thought posting mine in this thread might bring out more.

Plank

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"
Quote from: "jutl"Plank ... better than me
Yup, have to agree with that. ;-)

Ah, get away with yers. It's not my name on the Wimblemong Vase now is it.

Anyway, here's some of my monging offal.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/kerplank/tennis-r1-03-reject.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/kerplank/tennis-r2-03-test2.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/kerplank/r3-02-reject.jpg

Abbie

Here's a partially completed entry that I got fed up with:

http://www.zen30427.zen.co.uk/ballandchain.jpg

Congratulations Jutl - come and join me in the winners lounge and we can talk politics, or something.