Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:34:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2005 : WINNER JUTL WINNER JUTL WINNER JUTL

Started by splattermac, June 19, 2005, 11:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccab

Here's my aborted/work-murdered only post:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/ccabvw/baptist1.jpg

To complement the rejects, a psd collection of the best shots might also be nice idea - useful to anyone new to photoshop etc in an "I'll show you miy working method if you show me yours" way. Any volunteers?

Almost Yearly

Quote from: "Plank"Ah, get away with yers.
Aw, leave me alone with my going out to the winner fantasy.

Now all I'm left with is my going out with the winner fantasy.

hands cold, liver warm

well done to all the competitors, there's a lot of talent here.

the semi finals and final were particularly fantastic

George

I think there should be more than one wimblemong per year because I think we should have more.

...ergh.

slim

There should definitely be more compos. I think perhaps we should have some suggestions for new names, rules and such.

Brilliant stuff.

Cerys

Congratulations, jutl!  And ccab - you're just broken in the soul ;)

Plank

Quote from: "ccab"
To complement the rejects, a psd collection of the best shots might also be nice idea - useful to anyone new to photoshop etc in an "I'll show you miy working method if you show me yours" way. Any volunteers?
Yeah, I'm up for that.

-----
Here's a mong from my Heath-cliff shot.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/kerplank/maggie-and-ted.jpg

Almost Yearly

Without wanting to dialup your psd jutl - is that Kylie there with the brainoculars?

jutl

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"Without wanting to dialup your psd jutl - is that Kylie there with the brainoculars?

Nope - just somebody.

Rubbish Monkey

Quote from: "slim"There should definitely be more compos. I think perhaps we should have some suggestions for new names, rules and such.

I was going to suggest a Photoshop worm, but thought better of it as its a bit like the Corpse.

Here is my WImblemong waste..

slim

Quote from: "Rubbish Monkey"I was going to suggest a Photoshop worm, but thought better of it as its a bit like the Corpse.
I don't think that's such a bad idea. I was thinking the other day that the corpse might be more fun if you had more scope - perhaps that might be an option.

ccab

The corpse always does well. I've been thinking about some other briefer variations on some of the existing tournaments.

One idea in particular I think would work out well, though it would need everyone to be on top of their game. A psd would be started, particpants would then have 30mins each to add something to it - then pass it on. This would probably restrict the later stages to broadband whores. Everyone would be assigned shifts before it began - if there was enough interest it could be done over a 24hr period. At the end of it, there'd been a flashy collective montage.

30 mins isn't very long to make any adjustment to a piece - but that would be the idea, it would be difficult for anyone to have a defining say over it and each contributor would have to make a fairly instant response.

Would anyone be interested in something like this?

slim

Quote from: "ccab"Would anyone be interested in something like this?
Yes, dependent on the date. How about starting a thread discussing this and other game ideas? I think more compos is a good way to inspire some life into 'shoppers and the forum alike.

Gaw on, I'm scared.

Rubbish Monkey

Quote from: "ccab"idea

I have seen some sort of variation of that where a picture is posted and it goes down a list of people with each adding one layer only.

I wasn't sure of the worm rules of the one i stumbled upon but thought maybe it could have cross over elements of the corpse and tennis.. ie: each addition has to fit with the last and has to have image or theme element from the last. which would make it a nice smooth Optimus Prime like transformation.

Plank

I like your modified worm idea RM. Is anyone up for organizing it?

Haha...nice.

Can I just say I've not veered into Up Your Arts/Mongs for ages but have just looked through every round of Wimblemong and can't believe what I've been missing. Truly this is the most beautiful, horrific, hilarious and good-natured area of the forum...which makes me wonder if I can ever belong here.
Fantastic stuff from jutl, CTS and Plank too! Some fabulous images, subtle humour and intelligence from you guys.

I'm looking forward to next year already.