Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:19:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Masked Singer UK

Started by Blinder Data, December 26, 2020, 11:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasha

Quote from: phantom_power on February 01, 2021, 10:55:20 AM
And yet the judges still guess things like Cardi B or Prince Charles or other fuckers who would never lower themselves to doing the Masked Singer

In the current climate I'd guess there's quite a few who'd do anything to get their face back on tv

Blinder Data

Quote from: phantom_power on February 01, 2021, 12:54:36 PM
She did a song called Out of Reach as well, which matches the video clue this week

I've been thinking it's Gabrielle and you've just confirmed it! Cheers.

The judges' guesses have no logic to them. They throw any old names out there to keep it interesting. The other week they said Sheridan Smith was Sausage and it's CLEARLY her when you take in all the clues and performances - now there's no mention of her - some producer must have had a word in their ear

phantom_power

I think Sausage is Joss Stone. There is a good Tik Tok that showed the clues, the one that convinced me was all the joss-sticks in the clue video. She is just the sort of past-their-prime star to do the show as well, whereas Sheridan Smith is doing alright for herself

JesusAndYourBush

I thought Sausage was Stacey Solomon because a few weeks ago one of the clues was that people think she has teeth like a horse, and the 'disguised' speaking voice sounds just like her.

Blinder Data

I'll eat my hat if it isn't Sheridan Smith. Her song choices are from musicals and she sings them in that style. No way is she a pop star - listen to her diction! Even her physical movements when she sings are West Endy.

C_Larence

Quote from: Blinder Data on February 02, 2021, 10:56:59 PM
Even her physical movements when she sings are West Endy.

Brian Lara

Blinder Data

Fair play to Dragon, that was a surprise.

Sheridan Sausage has to win this. I bet she belts out Don't Rain on my Parade next week and smashes it.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Tonight Matthew, I'm going to be a sausage.

Jasha

The 2 more obvious ones though I thought it would be a bit too low brow for Sue Perkins

phantom_power

Quote from: Blinder Data on February 07, 2021, 06:45:45 AM
Fair play to Dragon, that was a surprise.

Sheridan Sausage has to win this. I bet she belts out Don't Rain on my Parade next week and smashes it.

It is Stacy Solomon, I am sure of it.

We guessed both of the ones this week, Gabrielle from week 1 and Sue from a couple of weeks ago

jobotic

Sausage may as well not have a costume on - of course it's Sheridan Smith. Even easier than Lenny Henry and Jon Thomson.

But did you know that Slug/Nick Griffin is actually.....Jonathan Ross!

phantom_power

You are all going to look very silly when it turns out to be Stacy

Olarrio

Or when it is revealed to indeed be Joss Stone.

bomb_dog

I reckon it's Wossy putting on a voice, who talks over his own performance 'due to the power of editing'.

phantom_power

Quote from: Olarrio on February 08, 2021, 09:50:31 AM
Or when it is revealed to indeed be Joss Stone.

Shut your face, I was confused

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: phantom_power on February 08, 2021, 09:13:35 AM
It is Stacy Solomon, I am sure of it.

Me too.  And Robin is Bruno Mars.

Olarrio

Quote from: phantom_power on February 08, 2021, 12:34:52 PM
Shut your face, I was confused

Hang on, I DO think it's Joss Stone! I think it's really clearly Joss Stone.

JaDanketies

Robin is Robin Thicke. The clue is in the 'Robin'.

Quote from: JaDanketies on February 09, 2021, 02:18:48 PM
Robin is Robin Thicke. The clue is in the 'Robin'.

Plus he had that song, Bird Lines.

Utter Shit

I caught a bit of this the other day. All this piss-arsing around looking for clues etc, but one of them is clearly Ne-Yo because he has Ne-Yo's exact voice. Seems mad to have professional singers on, particularly if they aren't going to make any attempt to mask their voice. Gabrielle did at least try, although it was still obviously her.

metaltax

I had a weird, random thought the other day that Sausage is Michelle Gayle. I've got no explanation for why, but I'm sticking with that as an outsider guess.

bgmnts

Jesus fucking Christ this programme is incredible. To string out about 20 minutes of content like this in the dullest way possible. Society is fucked.

C_Larence

Quote from: bgmnts on February 13, 2021, 08:23:45 PM
Jesus fucking Christ this programme is incredible. To string out about 20 minutes of content like this in the dullest way possible. Society is fucked.

20 minutes is generous. Not sure which show makes me despair more for society though, this or Gogglebox.

Also, Robin is the back flipping one (as opposed to the rapist, the one who married a saturday and the gay one who lives on a farm) out of JLS

JaDanketies

loads of people who half-watched this show are convinced Sheridan Smith is an amazing singer.

Blinder Data

Quote from: JaDanketies on February 13, 2021, 09:13:05 PM
loads of people who half-watched this show are convinced Sheridan Smith is an amazing singer.

TBF she is.

Fair play to the Joss Stone believers, I did not see it coming. I have never knowingly heard a Ne-Yo song so that one was lost on me.

I love this show. The only reality TV shows I like are those that know their level and do not pretend to be more than they are. Take Me Out is in the same bracket. Trash of the highest quality.

Tony Tony Tony

Amusing review of the final here... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2021/02/13/masked-singer-uk-final-review-joss-stone-worthy-winner-show/

Includes that series three has been commissioned and that The Masked Dancer (I shit you not) is in the pipeline.

Blofelds Cat

Remember the fag end of Cilla Blacks Blind Date and they gave all the prospective daters balaclavas...made them look like terrorists/rapists...making the hoods different pastel colours just added to the sinister air of proceedings..

pigamus

Quote from: jobotic on February 08, 2021, 09:16:14 AM
Sausage may as well not have a costume on - of course it's Sheridan Smith. Even easier than Lenny Henry and Jon Thomson.

Sounds like this load of trash is cleverer than it looks.

Blofelds Cat

Quote from: pigamus on February 14, 2021, 09:28:07 AM
Sounds like this load of trash is cleverer than it looks.

It was Sheridan Smith...she was wearing a Joss Stone Mission Impossible mask under her sausage outfit...the real Joss was tied and gagged in Cornwall...mumbling furiously at the TV

pigamus