Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:34:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Masked Singer UK

Started by Blinder Data, December 26, 2020, 11:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on February 14, 2021, 09:06:35 AM
Amusing review of the final here... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2021/02/13/masked-singer-uk-final-review-joss-stone-worthy-winner-show/

Includes that series three has been commissioned and that The Masked Dancer (I shit you not) is in the pipeline.

The Masked Dancer already exists in America. I downloaded and watched the first episode. It's even more pointless than The Masked Singer. About half the contestants were basically doing dad dancing.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Blofelds Cat on February 14, 2021, 09:13:31 AM
Remember the fag end of Cilla Blacks Blind Date and they gave all the prospective daters balaclavas...made them look like terrorists/rapists...making the hoods different pastel colours just added to the sinister air of proceedings..

I do seem to recall something like this.

Difficult circumstances to make a date work though...

JaDanketies

Last I heard of Joss Stone was when those fellas were going to chop her head off.

phantom_power

Quote from: bgmnts on February 13, 2021, 08:23:45 PM
Jesus fucking Christ this programme is incredible. To string out about 20 minutes of content like this in the dullest way possible. Society is fucked.

What do you mean content? The content is the stupid guessing, the songs and the general "event" nature of it. It is dumb family fun. not the downfall of civilization. It is no less trashy than Generation Game

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: bgmnts on February 13, 2021, 08:23:45 PM
Jesus fucking Christ this programme is incredible. To string out about 20 minutes of content like this in the dullest way possible. Society is fucked.

I seem to remember last years final was an hour, so I got an ominous feeling when I saw that this years was 90 minutes despite there being only 3 people left.  I normally enjoy it but when they started recapping the previous guessed contestants I started doing a crossword.

JaDanketies

We fast forwarded through pretty much all of it. Listened to their songs if they were ok. Ne Yo is a shit singer

bgmnts

Quote from: phantom_power on February 14, 2021, 10:43:50 AM
What do you mean content? The content is the stupid guessing, the songs and the general "event" nature of it. It is dumb family fun. not the downfall of civilization. It is no less trashy than Generation Game

Pretty sure this programme was predicted by Nostradamus and will lead to us all losing the will to live.