Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,471
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:26:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

GVIINNER: cunt's gone bananas

Started by madhair60, December 27, 2020, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

"Healthy breast tissue"

---

Official thread theme song

For continuing analysis of the alleged Father Ted writer's exceptionally public breakdown and subsequent deterioration

Timeline of events:

- Done a bad transphobia in IT Crowd episode
- Instead of saying "soz", became the most notable transphobe on the planet
- Spent 21 hours a day on twitter misgendering, insulting and brigading trans people and their allies
- Depth charged his own career, lost his family
- Starting calling people paedophiles
- Got kicked off Twitter
- Now subsists on thin gruel of his newly in-the-low-hundreds audience (down from 600k)
- Sleeps in a racecar bed with no wife
- Solicits sex from brothel called "Brighton Belles"
- Has paid Substack blog in which his sanity has clearly evaporated entirely
- Is generally speaking an embarrassment to all

Graham's accomplishments thus far: Raised an enormous amount of money and awareness for trans people

It Never Ends.

JamesTC

dead-ced-dead

I hope no one asks the Staniland Question, otherwise we're all fucked!

Jumblegraws

Quote from: JamesTC on December 27, 2020, 06:38:34 PM
Popped my head into his insane rantings.

The Ted face is basically all reactions to Glinner's latest bilge.
Not that it has any more bearing on the issues than that legacy-flogging Ted re-imagining, but he might be interested to learn about freemartins:
Quote from: WikipediaA freemartin or free-martin (sometimes martin heifer) is an infertile female mammal with masculinized behavior and non-functioning ovaries.[1] Genetically the animal is chimeric: Karyotyping of a sample of cells shows XX/XY chromosomes... Freemartinism is the normal outcome of mixed-sex twins in all cattle species that have been studied, and it also occurs occasionally in other mammals including sheep, goats and pigs.

Ferris

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on December 27, 2020, 07:22:39 PM
I hope no one asks the Staniland Question, otherwise we're all fucked!

He's so desperately trying to make it a "thing" like the Bechdel Test or the Krypton Factor.

Give it up mate, never gonna happen.

JamesTC

Who will be the first to ask if this will be the last thread?

QDRPHNC

I wonder if this will be the last Glinner thread!

Alberon

Not a chance. Linehan is committed to this course of action until he is, well, committed.

idunnosomename

i thought him co-opting a classic Ted scene (even if he couldn't photoshop it himself because he is a technological invalid) was a bit sad. he's never weaponised his creations like that before afaik. fuck off mate. leave the funny stuff alone.

dead-ced-dead

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 27, 2020, 08:53:00 PM
i thought him co-opting a classic Ted scene (even if he couldn't photoshop it himself because he is a technological invalid) was a bit sad. he's never weaponised his creations like that before afaik. fuck off mate. leave the funny stuff alone.

Also, he's really doing Dermot Morgan dirty here. Let him rest in peace, you floppy faced bigot.

idunnosomename

thats a lot of fucking ad breaks for 30 min lol

DrGreggles

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 27, 2020, 09:47:33 PM

"Want to meet other Transphobes in YOUR area?"

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 27, 2020, 08:53:00 PM

Yeah, I very rarely dip into Linehan's insanity these days but that Father Ted picture caught me off guard and made me feel a little depressed. Seeing a classic gag from a sitcom I've deeply loved my whole life being artlessly repurposed as a bigoted meme by one of the creators is kind of a bummer, it turns out. Also, yes, quite horribly distasteful way to use Dermot Morgan's image.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 27, 2020, 09:47:33 PM

to be... blech... fair to Glinner, YouTube have gone crazy with ads in the last few months. Any half hour video more than a month old that I've watched lately has a shitton of ads on it. Sometimes mid-sentence.

petril

has he bent his glasses outwards on one side there?

jobotic

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on December 27, 2020, 09:57:16 PM
to be... blech... fair to Glinner, YouTube have gone crazy with ads in the last few months. Any half hour video more than a month old that I've watched lately has a shitton of ads on it. Sometimes mid-sentence.

And any piece of music longer than about 7 minutes, or so it feels.

Bronzy

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on December 27, 2020, 09:55:14 PM
Yeah, I very rarely dip into Linehan's insanity these days but that Father Ted picture caught me off guard and made me feel a little depressed. Seeing a classic gag from a sitcom I've deeply loved my whole life being artlessly repurposed as a bigoted meme by one of the creators is kind of a bummer, it turns out. Also, yes, quite horribly distasteful way to use Dermot Morgan's image.

I wonder if Arthur Mathews knows about it, or if he's just stopped answering the phone now.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on December 27, 2020, 09:57:16 PM
yeah i shouldn't assume he's actually loading it with ads on purpose. he is of course, the Mr Magoo of computers

JamesTC

The Father Ted meme was made by somebody else and then posted by Glinner. Glinner has not got the ability to write something that coherent (hence his pathetic suggestion quoted below) and certainly doesn't have the technical know-how to do that comic on a computer.

Quote from: Glinner(Thanks to Rover for the photoshop. For Dougal's response, I would also have accepted "...but intersex cows exist, Ted!".)

Yeah, perfect Dougal dialogue there. Really nailed him.

idunnosomename

more masterful dialogue from the writer of this

"Oh no, what do I do? Everyone will accurately say that I'm making it safer for predatory men to harass women and girls"

as someone else pointed out, putting "accurately" into this made-up bit of speech is just fucking mental projection

JamesTC

idunnosomename

he's turned off replies, he's turned off replies, his position is untenable Helen please give me a ring

JaDanketies

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 28, 2020, 09:26:32 AM
Is he on another Facebook ban? He hasn't posted anything for a week. With anyone else I'd assume they were just busy spending time with the family over Christmas but this is Glinner we're taking about.

Also I see one of his posts misgendering Eddie Izzard has gone.

Potentially he's got a 90 day ban now.

I gotta say, when I look back on Glinner's last 12 months, it seems to have been catastrophic, but he seems to be perpetually optimistic. When he looks back on the last year, he doesn't talk about how he's lost his family, how his voice has been marginalised, how his audience has dwindled a thousand-fold, how he's released the confidential information about a load of his acolytes in a GDPR breach, or even how trans rights or trans people have become more mainstream. He looks at a few newspaper articles or court judgements and thinks he's had a great 2020.

bigfatheart

Although some of the gloss will have been taken off his glorious year by the fact that J.K. Rowling didn't join him for Christmas.

Blue Jam

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 28, 2020, 10:20:48 AM

Cheers for replying to my post in the old thread :) As someone who has no idea how Facebook bans work, possibly because I'm not a bigot and have never been banned, I thought a permaban was the next step after a 30-day ban. Looks like his page might be a big ol' transphobic ghost ship for a good while then.

Arty Morty also seems to be on some kind of temp ban over on Twitter. Will Arty and Glinner soon be like Frank and Charlie from It's Always Sunny, pissing in bottles and sharing the same racecar bed?

lipsink

He's not going to live long, is he? I reckon heart attack in the next 5 years.

Blue Jam

I've got to say, complaining about his Slack group being "breached by TRAs" or whatever is a bit rich coming from someone who pretended to be a lesbian so he could join a lesbian dating site and publicly humiliate other users.

£200 to join The Glitter Band isn't cheap is it? Too much for the average rubbernecker I would have thought. Could some of these "TRAs" actually be investigative journalists? It wouldn't surprise me if one of them actually was Jon Ronson.

idunnosomename

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 28, 2020, 10:20:48 AM

I gotta say, when I look back on Glinner's last 12 months, it seems to have been catastrophic, but he seems to be perpetually optimistic. When he looks back on the last year, he doesn't talk about how he's lost his family, how his voice has been marginalised, how his audience has dwindled a thousand-fold, how he's released the confidential information about a load of his acolytes in a GDPR breach, or even how trans rights or trans people have become more mainstream. He looks at a few newspaper articles or court judgements and thinks he's had a great 2020.
he also does not mention the global coronavirus pandemic