Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:55:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

GVIINNER: cunt's gone bananas

Started by madhair60, December 27, 2020, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phes

madhair60

Ferris

Blue Jam

jobotic

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Dusty Substance on February 23, 2021, 08:10:07 PM
Fucking hell. Is he actually trying to get sued by Eddie Izzard?

https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/eddie-and-graham-how-to-be-responsible
"Suddenly started calling themselves trans". Fuck off Graham. Izzard has described herself as "a lesbian in a man's body, that's the easiest way to explain it" for at least twenty years.

The dumb bastard has 16 links to go with his 10 point manifesto. Only six of them are news sites. The remaining ten are random twitter and blog accounts. Four of the links are behind a paywall (3 Telegraph, 1 Economist) so I can't evaluate the articles for accuracy. The remaining two are a Guardian article about Karen White, UK TERFs' favourite boogeytrans; and a sports news website with the headline "When Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Broke Her Opponent's Skull in an MMA Fight".  Then you read down through the article and discover that she didn't "break her skull", she fractured her orbital bone. Quite different from the image that "broken skull" conjures up, no?

I'm an amateur martial artist so I'm going to harp on this whole Fallon Fox thing because I am sick of it. Fallon Fox is 5' 7" and when she competed in the UFC (did I mention she's retired from pro fighting? and yet people still talk shit about her) she weighed 10 stone. She had full gender reassignment surgery in 2006, a full seven years prior to joining the UFC. When she was competing she underwent testosterone level testing and routinely had lower T levels than most cis women. Her record in the UFC stands at 5 wins and 1 loss. The 5 wins are comprised of two technical knockouts, one knockout, and two submissions. The submissions were one arm-bar, and one shin choke. I've submitted cisgender men with arm-bars and chokes. And how about that loss? Fox lost to a cisgender woman of the same height and weight who managed to get on top of her and pummel her into submission. Twice! OH MY GOD HOW DID THAT HAPPEN. It's almost like a bunch of assholes and sore losers don't know what they're talking about and just cried foul because Fox is trans.

GoblinAhFuckScary

god the emphasis on keeping trans people out of politics is such bare-faced fascism it throws me a little bit. full nazi

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on February 23, 2021, 09:01:56 PM
god the emphasis on keeping trans people out of politics is such bare-faced fascism it throws me a little bit. full nazi
If anything we need more trans people in politics. More everyone in politics who isn't a white straight man honestly. Look at the mess of the place with them in charge. What have we got to lose?

Alberon

It is astonishing how warped his worldview has become thinking this is good idea.

He's become the very thing he claimed to be protecting women from. I know he always was (like the way he'd barge onto mumsnet until they told him to fuck off) but his ability to take his cuntery to new levels is breathtaking.

If only he did something positive with his monomania.

idunnosomename

not sure why he thinks true and honest ladies going for a motorbike ride is a punchline. considering he had some butch lesbian on a motorbike as his twitter header forever

Eddie Izzard has been raising funds for charity by running marathons.

Glinner's harassing trans people on a dating app that's extremely trans-inclusive and is upfront about being so.

You get Eddie Izzard's name out of your mouth before I slap it out, Glinner.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on February 23, 2021, 09:00:20 PM
"Suddenly started calling themselves trans". Fuck off Graham. Izzard has described herself as "a lesbian in a man's body, that's the easiest way to explain it" for at least twenty years.

The dumb bastard has 16 links to go with his 10 point manifesto. Only six of them are news sites. The remaining ten are random twitter and blog accounts. Four of the links are behind a paywall (3 Telegraph, 1 Economist) so I can't evaluate the articles for accuracy. The remaining two are a Guardian article about Karen White, UK TERFs' favourite boogeytrans; and a sports news website with the headline "When Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Broke Her Opponent's Skull in an MMA Fight".  Then you read down through the article and discover that she didn't "break her skull", she fractured her orbital bone. Quite different from the image that "broken skull" conjures up, no?

I'm an amateur martial artist so I'm going to harp on this whole Fallon Fox thing because I am sick of it. Fallon Fox is 5' 7" and when she competed in the UFC (did I mention she's retired from pro fighting? and yet people still talk shit about her) she weighed 10 stone. She had full gender reassignment surgery in 2006, a full seven years prior to joining the UFC. When she was competing she underwent testosterone level testing and routinely had lower T levels than most cis women. Her record in the UFC stands at 5 wins and 1 loss. The 5 wins are comprised of two technical knockouts, one knockout, and two submissions. The submissions were one arm-bar, and one shin choke. I've submitted cisgender men with arm-bars and chokes. And how about that loss? Fox lost to a cisgender woman of the same height and weight who managed to get on top of her and pummel her into submission. Twice! OH MY GOD HOW DID THAT HAPPEN. It's almost like a bunch of assholes and sore losers don't know what they're talking about and just cried foul because Fox is trans.
Hey Graham, see this level of insight and articulacy on one specific area of women's sports? This is what Jon Ronson realised he lacked when you tried to corner him on the subject, and which he anticipated would be a slog to express on Twitter even if he could. You stupid, shallow, bananas cunt.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on February 23, 2021, 09:00:20 PM
[snipped sensible sports commentary]

Linehan's 'preserving the sanctity of sport' shtick is probably the thing that sticks most in my craw. Like ANY of the terfen hordes give or know the slightest molecule of shit about sports. Just a way of rabble-rousing the van drivers.

Alberon

Can someone, please, disconnect this mentalist's broadband and set up a phone jammer under his racecar bed?

phes

Quote from: Alberon on February 23, 2021, 09:04:23 PM
It is astonishing how warped his worldview has become

I know being a shut-in 100% does not consign you to becoming a cunt but I honestly think since twitter that he has totally lost touch with relating to the world around him, and it has made someone who was already a bit of a shit, a totally unhinged horrorvector

Blue Jam

Quote from: phes on February 23, 2021, 09:27:48 PM
I know being a shut-in 100% does not consign you to becoming a cunt but I honestly think since twitter that he has totally lost touch with relating to the world around him, and it has made someone who was already a bit of a shit, a totally unhinged horrorvector

The pandemic has probably enabled his behaviour to some extent too. The fact that he hasn't even acknowledged it says a lot.

I doubt he'll change once lockdown is over though. If anything it's just introduced this technophobe to a new way of life, one where he can order his carbonara ingredients online without having to tear himself away from his computer. He's way past the point of no return.

TommyTurnips

Substack replied to my email.

QuoteHi Tom,

Substack Trust & Safety here. Thanks for taking the time to report this.

Substack is aware of this incident and we are currently evaluating the content of this post in accordance with our Content Guidelines. Please note that we take reports like this seriously and though we're unable to disclose specific details about actions taken with publishers on the platform due to our privacy policy, we'll be taking any steps necessary to ensure publishers adhere to Substack's Terms of Use.

Maybe something is finally going to be done about his sordid little grief blog.

idunnosomename

I got the same reply too in the last few hours, finally

Gambrinus

I was unaware of any of this* until I clicked on one of the previous iterations of this thread a few months ago. It's utterly baffling to be honest, I've never really spent that much time thinking about trans people, they're a tiny minority of the population and I've only ever met a couple (briefly, in a professional capacity). Just leave them be, no one's hurting anyone.

That dating profile thing is just cuntish, you could find awkward looking pictures on Tinder or Bumble if you wanted (I should know, I've put most of them up, ho ho ho).

* I also binned off Twitter about a year ago, which has probably helped.

bgmnts

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on February 23, 2021, 09:03:15 PM
If anything we need more trans people in politics. More everyone in politics who isn't a white straight man honestly. Look at the mess of the place with them in charge.

Doesn't look good for Corbyn.

Thanks, Jumblegraws. I first came across the name Fallon Fox around 2013 when some TERF in the comments of a radfem blog started melting down because "Fallon Fox has been allowed to break women's jaws in the ring". I suspected it was bullshit but I googled her anyway and lo and behold here was a woman only a few inches taller than me and a few stone lighter than me, with muscles only slightly bigger than mine. Not that it would make a difference if she was heavier than me, because MMA divisions, like all martial arts, are based on weight.

Quote from: sevendaughters on February 23, 2021, 09:18:51 PM
Linehan's 'preserving the sanctity of sport' shtick is probably the thing that sticks most in my craw. Like ANY of the terfen hordes give or know the slightest molecule of shit about sports. Just a way of rabble-rousing the van drivers.
I guarantee Glinner has never attended a women's match in any sport in his entire life. And no, watching the Olympics or the Williams sisters on the telly doesn't count. I've attended camogie matches and I've been to one Women's Six Nations match in Dublin. I mean you can tell by the way he talks about it can't you. Including that biased article in his shitty manifesto. I'm sure it wasn't nice for Fox's opponent, she did have a concussion and a fractured orbital bone isn't something that you just shake off. But the orbital bone is super thick in some places and super thin in others, and, you know, it was a fucking MMA fight. Punching is involved? Encouraged, even? You can't cry about getting injured in a fight. It's a fight!

I would love to know[nb]I wouldn't, actually[/nb] his opinions about Katie Taylor and women's boxing.

How long until Graham does something in real life to prove a point.

he will have had the biggest high of the last 6 months with this attention, hes gonna be craving more

idunnosomename

he doesnt even watch women's sport on telly. the lionesses were huge while he was on twitter and he wasn't even like "this sort of achievement is what's under threat!". genuinely doesn't give a bollock

Blue Jam

I've said this before, but the terves among my ex-friends said absolutely fuck all about the Lionesses and the Women's (football) World Cup. They were the sort of people who would sneeringly ask "Can anyone recommend a pub where they won't be showing the sportsball?"

Personally I only give a fuck about snooker, a sport which is mixed-sex anyway. Whatevs.

Mr Trumpet

Funny as fuck they put his gurning photo in the Metro. He'll take that as a win, because he's gone mad

GoblinAhFuckScary

famous funny man does joke again xD

I also got a reply from Kristen at substack

damien

Yeah just had the same reply from Substack. Took their time like.

JamesTC

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 23, 2021, 10:34:41 PM

Personally I only give a fuck about snooker, a sport which is mixed-sex anyway. Whatevs.

Need to get Glinner on this. He needs to protect the weak dainty women from those men who can hit the balls much further.

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on February 23, 2021, 10:52:59 PM
famous funny man does joke again xD

I saw that earlier. He brags about taking the copy from an actual trans woman who's not feminine enough for his liking. It's some sort of gotcha to take a blurb from a trans woman who fucking states in her blurb that she's a pre-op trans woman. Like who exactly is she supposed to be deceiving you fucking piece of shit?!