Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:12:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

GVIINNER: cunt's gone bananas

Started by madhair60, December 27, 2020, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

he might be baiting "the left" i suppose. and seems to have worked. he only proves its point how worked up his lot get worked up about toy potatoes, syrup lady, rice man etc. i mean all of the culture wars is just about bolstering support for the right and disenfranchising the left. see Glinner fawning over Rand Paul today

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 26, 2021, 08:59:58 PM
see Glinner fawning over Rand Paul today
Glinner's fawning over a man who wants to ban abortion? This must be some incredible 4-D feminism that I, a mere natal woman, am incapable of comprehending.

idunnosomename

i know it's incredible really

lol he went through his metro article and screenshotted all of the supportive replies before they were deleted, then posted them on the internet to send in an email to his followers who probably all made them
https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/how-metro-lies-to-its-readers

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 26, 2021, 10:23:20 PM
i know it's incredible really

lol he went through his metro article and screenshotted all of the supportive replies before they were deleted, then posted them on the internet to send in an email to his followers who probably all made them
https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/how-metro-lies-to-its-readers
fucking whinging about his precious commenters having their comments deleted when he CHARGES FOR REPLIES

no wonder he's gobbling the turds of an anti-abortionist, he's just a massive fucking hypocrite

edit: top comment on his piece about Rachel Levine is "Additional yuck - Dr. 'Rachel' Levine is a paediatrician...", the implication being that "he" fucks kids and probably transed to make it easier to fuck kids. Naturally Shitbreath has left this comment up.

Dr. Levine is also Jewish, so I therefore declare that Shitbreath is an antisemite.

frajer

Ohhhhhh IIIIIIII
screenshot replies, I screenshot replies
I rant and rave and rage to my sad life disguise

idunnosomename

no person I've been friends with on this lifestyle relies

Moribunderast

Quote from: frajer on February 26, 2021, 10:30:40 PM
Ohhhhhh IIIIIIII
screenshot replies, I screenshot replies
I rant and rave and rage to my sad life disguise

My ranting, raving drivel
I'm compelled to harmonise
Now please open this email where I screenshot replies

Hrm, I know, I'll side with an anti-abortion campaigner in order to somehow support women and their "hard-won sex-based rights". But wait, won't people ACCURATELY say that undermines my argument and makes me look like a sad flaccid stuff-in?

Ooooooooh... etc.

keir

Quote from: dreamgirl on February 26, 2021, 06:13:59 PMI think the whole thing is also amplified by them being (or perceiving themselves as being, as the case may be) nice / feminist / activist people - "if you're calling me intolerant, there must be something else going on, because I know I'm on the tolerant side of things". (I saw Robin Ince talking about this on Twitter not long ago from a generational angle.)

I characterise this phenomenon as "I know I'm politically correct, I got a certificate saying so in 1982, which told me that what i thought then was good for the rest of my life."

chveik

i guess it's too late for a 'are we the baddies' realization from the mumsnet types. can't see the terf libs in the media going as far as praising rand paul though but who knows, it's a weird world.

idunnosomename

Hadley Freeman maybe not, Janice Turner you betcha

Mister Six

Quote from: dreamgirl on February 26, 2021, 06:13:59 PM
I think the whole thing is also amplified by them being (or perceiving themselves as being, as the case may be) nice / feminist / activist people - "if you're calling me intolerant, there must be something else going on, because I know I'm on the tolerant side of things". (I saw Robin Ince talking about this on Twitter not long ago from a generational angle.)

I think this is what's going on with a lot of the Guardian commentator class and some of the celebs - maybe not the old-school lesbian feminism lot like Burchill or whoever, but the milder ones.

They became insulated from reality in the 1990s, when homophobia and racism were recognised as bad but you still had comedy blokes in dresses in sitcoms, and have only just realised that progressive politics being what they are, things have progressed and they got left behind. And their fragile egos can't handle the idea that they might be wrong about something (in the case of the op-ed lot their careers are basically founded on that principle) so they reflexively cling to whatever fig-leafs of respectability and righteousness they can find - so it's WHAT ABOUT ARE BRAVE FEMALE WRESTLERS from now until they're finally scraped off the face of liberal culture and yeeted into a bin.

damien

James Dreyfus has gone 'all in'. Maybe it was the Potato Head wot did it. Hilarious to do a rallying call late on a Friday when everyone's knackered and half pissed.

Quote from: damien on February 27, 2021, 01:39:06 AM
James Dreyfus has gone 'all in'. Maybe it was the Potato Head wot did it. Hilarious to do a rallying call late on a Friday when everyone's knackered and half pissed.
someone should direct him to the twitter account about the antisemitic overtones in the GC/TERF movement

Jockice

Quote from: keir on February 26, 2021, 11:16:36 PM
I characterise this phenomenon as "I know I'm politically correct, I got a certificate saying so in 1982, which told me that what i thought then was good for the rest of my life."

Different subject but this reminds me of the time I sent a private - and perfectly polite - message to someone who who wasn't disabled but worked for a disability organisation and who I thought was treating me unfairly because I actually was disabled - and she ran straight to her boss accusing me of harassing her and of 'deluding myself' that she was at all prejudiced. And of course her (also non-disabled) boss believed her. The thing is she was from an ethnic minority and I know full well if I'd stated (or even in any way implied) that I thought her behaviour was influenced by this, I'd have been accused of racism not only by her but also by her boss. Some bigotries are seen as less bigoted than others. That's the way of the world.

pigamus

Quote from: keir on February 26, 2021, 11:16:36 PM

For me the most telling bit in the Contrapoints video on JK Rowling was when the interviewer asks what she hates most, and she says bigotry. It's part of her self-concept that she's a good liberal who hates bigots and she would find it ludicrous to be accused of the same thing.

buttgammon

I tend not to use the word because it's very vague, but these people miss the point of what being 'progressive' is - progress isn't static.

bigfatheart

Quote from: pigamus on February 27, 2021, 09:14:41 AM
For me the most telling bit in the Contrapoints video on JK Rowling was when the interviewer asks what she hates most, and she says bigotry. It's part of her self-concept that she's a good liberal who hates bigots and she would find it ludicrous to be accused of the same thing.

In much the same way that Glinner himself has banged on about how much he hates bullies in the past, and doesn't see any contradiction between that and signing up for dating sites so that he can find pictures of people whose appearances he can make fun of.

idunnosomename

Quote from: damien on February 27, 2021, 01:39:06 AM
lol what a nutbag. It's all paranoid hyberbolic gobbledegook. Has he got a partner who can leave him over this? Maybe he can move in with graham

mr. logic

Quote from: Jockice on February 27, 2021, 08:56:15 AM
Different subject but this reminds me of the time I sent a private - and perfectly polite - message to someone who who wasn't disabled but worked for a disability organisation and who I thought was treating me unfairly because I actually was disabled - and she ran straight to her boss accusing me of harassing her and of 'deluding myself' that she was at all prejudiced. And of course her (also non-disabled) boss believed her. The thing is she was from an ethnic minority and I know full well if I'd stated (or even in any way implied) that I thought her behaviour was influenced by this, I'd have been accused of racism not only by her but also by her boss. Some bigotries are seen as less bigoted than others. That's the way of the world.

David Baddiel considers rewrite

madhair60

"you've turned off replies" has been a gift to be honest

Sonny_Jim

From the SGB with the Metro comments:
If you would like to complain to Metro about their dishonesty, you can do it here. I've already written to IPSO and I'm considering my legal options as I have not yet received the apology and retraction I asked for by the end of the week.
He does this a lot, which is threatens legal action and huffs and puffs about deadlines.  A couple of weeks ago he was demanding an apology and 500 quid to a charity, within a week or he'd start legal action against a guy who had defamed someone who wasn't Glinner on Twitter.  He doesn't even know how defamation works.

He's a bullying cunt.

idunnosomename

speaking of glinner and legal bullying, the little outfit of solicitors set up partly to challenge the time he was visited by the police have gone mask off

also this is the first time ive seen ANYONE get the "how it started / how it's going" meme format so spectacularly wrong

dreamgirl

Quote from: JaDanketies on February 26, 2021, 07:07:11 PM
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt

They are indeed very sure about cocks, they never stop going on about them.

dreamgirl

Quote from: Mister Six on February 27, 2021, 12:54:16 AM
They became insulated from reality in the 1990s, when homophobia and racism were recognised as bad but you still had comedy blokes in dresses in sitcoms, and have only just realised that progressive politics being what they are, things have progressed and they got left behind. And their fragile egos can't handle the idea that they might be wrong about something (in the case of the op-ed lot their careers are basically founded on that principle) so they reflexively cling to whatever fig-leafs of respectability and righteousness they can find - so it's WHAT ABOUT ARE BRAVE FEMALE WRESTLERS from now until they're finally scraped off the face of liberal culture and yeeted into a bin.

In pre-banana days it was one of the lovely Graham's arguments. Do you really think that someone who's campaigned against prejudice her whole life could be anything-phobic? Uh yeah, I do, everyone has prejudices even if they're lovely about other things 

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 27, 2021, 11:35:43 AM
speaking of glinner and legal bullying, the little outfit of solicitors set up partly to challenge the time he was visited by the police have gone mask off

also this is the first time ive seen ANYONE get the "how it started / how it's going" meme format so spectacularly wrong

astonishing. nearly found myself pasting an image of queer concentration camp inmates with pink triangles but we don't need to see that

frajer

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 27, 2021, 11:35:43 AM

It's such a fundamental misunderstanding of that meme, I can only imagine Linehan is slapping his knee and going "brilliant! That is perfect! Now be good lads and remind a boomer cunt, how do I copy and paste that into my blog?"

GoblinAhFuckScary

frajer

rue the polywhirl

How as a self-admitted hate group have they not been deleted straight away?

idunnosomename

by who? they're just a twitter account with a website. they aren't registered with anything. they're just a bunch of transphobes who dont like the rozzers telling them off for harrassing people.

though they have some balls retweeting a police social media to say that. even if he is an ex-copper and probably is a bit safer than most