Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:18:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

GVIINNER: cunt's gone bananas

Started by madhair60, December 27, 2020, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

ohhhhhh you've

invaded our dreams, invaded our dreams
become a giant bagpipe and you've burst at the seams

mippy

That Mumsnet thread mentions an app called Giggle, for which you need to submit a selfie to be analysed by AI to "confirm" your gender to join.

idunnosomename

CaB bypasses the check by putting their pet cat on their head

dreamgirl

Quote from: damien on February 28, 2021, 10:34:47 PM
Long thread featuring screenshots from some of the times his interactions with women have lead to a pile-on
https://twitter.com/henriettaspoon/status/1366103219282321411?s=21

Extraordinary when you see it all written down like that, hard to believe how long it has been going on.

Ugh, I'd forgotten about the Brooke Magnanti story. She asked him to look at a sitcom draft and he accused her of trying to break up his marriage. Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh.

Mister Six

Quote from: St_Eddie on February 28, 2021, 07:44:39 PM
I must confess that I haven't been following the thread in any kind of detail.  I just occasionally drop in and read a few posts.  I thought that both male and female TERFs were likening themselves to witches.  If I had been aware that only female TERFs were doing this, then I wouldn't have posted that image.  There was no kind of gender discrimination intended, nor any kind of physical appearance shaming.  I was attempting to liken TERFs to grotesque cackling monsters from fiction, personality wise.

If it helps, St_Eddie, I think the reaction to your comment was a stupid load of overblown shit, and an example of the worst kind of smarmy passive-aggressive judgmental bollocks that litters the mankiest corners of Facebook.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Sonny_Jim

Isn't the new 'anonymous' podcast just an excuse to make up any old shit?  It would not surprise me that Glinner is spending his days writing terfy Trans-boogyman stories and hiring voice actors off Fiverr to read them out for him.

We've already seen that 'the ends justify the means' with his ridiculous Her invasion, I definitely would not put it past him to fabricate nonsense in order to bolster his point.  The man cannot admit to making a mistake.

Ornlu

What I just can't get my head around is that are there not any existing dating apps which market themselves exclusively to (non-trans) lesbians? Surely there must be. Or would that in itself be accused of being ~problematic?

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Ornlu on March 01, 2021, 09:43:49 AM
What I just can't get my head around is that are there not any existing dating apps which market themselves exclusively to (non-trans) lesbians? Surely there must be. Or would that in itself be accused of being ~problematic?

There may very well be, but dating apps flood the app stores, it may be buried under all the others. Once Her reaches a certain level of popularity it must be hard to get any wiggle room. Just as any app that isn't Tinder/Bumble etc must work hard, or for gay man, any app that's not Grindr.

JaDanketies

I don't think The Almighty Dollar cares about things being problematic. But there are all these LGBT dating apps out there, plus regular dating apps that let you tailor your results so you only see lesbian women users. Perhaps the number of lesbians who don't want trans women on their dating apps at all isn't really big enough to get app developers excited, especially when you can almost certainly remove most trans people from your app experience using filters.

There's trans people on all the big dating apps, just swipe left or right depending on your preference, it's not a big deal.

Sonny_Jim

According to Glinner, it's an outrage that Real Women(tm) might have to lay eyes on a Man in Dress, so to stop that from happening he created multiple profiles pretending to be a women.

Makes perfect sense when you think about it.....

EDIT:  Oh and please can we get Noel Edmonds out of retirement to do a 'gotcha' on Glinner.  The ruse is he gets called to BBC to speak on Question Time, but he gets stuck in the lift with Jon Ronson and Eddie Izzard.  Of course, Edmonds is the lift repair man so hilarious hijinks would ensue.

EDIT2: And also, Glinner very likely has never used a modern dating app, so probably assumes it works like Twitter/Facebook does, in that you can harass anybody you like without having to be matched first.

amateur

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 28, 2021, 11:25:38 PM
CaB bypasses the check by putting their pet cat on their head

Worked like clockwork.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

According to the actual lesbians posting in the Mumsnet thread, even the ones who agree with Glinner admit that for various reasons (none of which are "being closed down by the TRA Wokerati"), exclusively cis lesbian spaces don't tend to last. This includes bars and clubs. Apparently lesbians couple up and then don't go out. As a result, lesbian spaces have to be inclusive of bisexual/queer/trans/non-binary women to stay afloat.

Ornlu

That's quite interesting. Poor them, I suppose, having to strain their thumbies swiping left a little bit more.

JamesTC

I would have thought any dating app would have a search system, so you can filter out sexual preference. Any successful one certainly would. You might get the odd person who is computer illiterate so would end up in the wrong category, but I'm sure it isn't like the wrong category is flooded with people.

The stark thing about Glinner's doxxing of people is that all the people have it clear in the profile that they are Trans. Nobody is trying to mislead. Well nobody aside from Glinner who keeps insisting that Her is a cis-lesbian only space.

jobotic

But why should anyone have to state that they're trans, unless they go along with the view that trans women aren't women? You have to declare yourself in advance to the bigots so that there's no IT Crowd situation further down the line?

JaDanketies

Quote from: jobotic on March 01, 2021, 01:11:25 PM
But why should anyone have to state that they're trans, unless they go along with the view that trans women aren't women? You have to declare yourself in advance to the bigots so that there's no IT Crowd situation further down the line?

Sounds contentious. It's something that would make some people less interested in you. I don't think 'genital preferences are transphobic' and I don't see many trans people sincerely suggesting that they are. I don't know how trans people deal with this dilemma when they meet someone offline.

pk1yen

Remarkable that Glinner hasn't stuck his oar into any of these threads yet considering his addiction to conflict.

He must know about them. Unlikely he'd be able to resist reading them - moreso that he'd be able to resist replying.

JaDanketies

Quote from: pk1yen on March 01, 2021, 04:14:20 PM
Remarkable that Glinner hasn't stuck his oar into any of these threads yet considering his addiction to conflict.

He must know about them. Unlikely he'd be able to resist reading them - moreso that he'd be able to resist replying.

AFAIK he only ever gave us a shout-out once, when he mentioned a 'forum for failed comedy writers'. Maybe he's mentioned us in them hour-long videos but who would know

MojoJojo

Quote from: pk1yen on March 01, 2021, 04:14:20 PM

Not really, he's always been very keen on controlling who can post/interact with him - first on his blog, then by blocking people on twitter, and now with his subscription to post thing.

phes

It's kind of similar to Gervais who has taken immense care over the years to construct a powerful echo chamber to protect his voice and product. Remember Gervais once referred to CaB as something like 'a dozen sad people all saying the same thing'. Gervais ironically having spent a decade relentlessly shaping and programming a cult following on twitter and an OK magazine approach to media engagement that shut down absolutely any questioning. The man that was so big on science turned out to not be so big on scrutiny.

I'm not sure Glinner is quite on this level. He put himself in the spotlight on Newsnight and presumably expected a bit of a grilling, and didn't fare very well at all. But I suspect he'd be more willing to expose himself to scrutiny away from the noise of his cult in a way that Gervais is far too canny to do. Gervais knows he is an ignorant pseud that would be taken to pieces

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Glinner is not going to come here and argue with people who actually know things and who go and look things up, instead of blindly believing whatever dubious twitter/Medium links he imagines are sources.

DrGreggles

JamesTC

But what if he asks us the Staniland question?

bigfatheart

Wasn't there a period, probably two or three years ago, where every few weeks a new user would enter the Glinner thread saying something like "I don't really follow this all that closely, can anyone explain it all to me? Because I think if trans women are forcing their way into women's toilets to expose themselves, maybe he has a point?" And then it'd take about a week or so for the 'butter wouldn't melt' act to fade, they'd reveal themselves to be a full-on TERF (while acting as if they were newly converted by their research) and get themselves banned, before a few weeks on another new user'd appear, etc.

Not saying it was Glinner, but it's not like he'd have had anything better to do.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: bigfatheart on March 01, 2021, 05:29:51 PM
Wasn't there a period, probably two or three years ago, where every few weeks a new user would enter the Glinner thread saying something like "I don't really follow this all that closely, can anyone explain it all to me?

I joined cab around the third glin thread i think and remember this sort of thing. Looked at my earliest posts and got reminded of this brief fad

Quote from: madhair60 on May 07, 2020, 11:36:52 PM

idunnosomename

He followers are getting very close to contempt of court under his most recent Jess Phillips post. They're like Qanon thinking theres an establishment coverup of TRANS MENACE

king_tubby

Are they pro or anti voice of the working class Jess? She's not keen on minorities, iirc.