Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,468
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:14:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

GVIINNER: cunt's gone bananas

Started by madhair60, December 27, 2020, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDanketies

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 28, 2020, 11:30:19 AM
Arty Morty also seems to be on some kind of temp ban over on Twitter. Will Arty and Glinner soon be like Frank and Charlie from It's Always Sunny, pissing in bottles and sharing the same racecar bed?

AFAIK when your Twitter account says 'this account has been suspended' it means you're out of the door and not coming back. For instance: https://twitter.com/glinner. So I'd say ArtyMorty has been banned too. He might come back again but I'm pretty sure that means he's been banned.

I think reporting Tweets is one of the more productive things you can do on Twitter if you're a TRA. Certainly better than replying to them.

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 28, 2020, 12:11:47 AM
he's turned off replies, he's turned off replies, his position is untenable Helen please give me a ring

yeah or perhaps you don't want to signal-boost bigots by allowing them to argue with you and make their bogus points in front of your followers. Imagine being so dumb as to think that Twitter arguments were a way to get to the truth, as a man in your 50s.

Ferris

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 28, 2020, 11:40:33 AM
he also does not mention the global coronavirus pandemic

The thing that's forced us all to stay inside, avoid seeing family/friends, and spend all day online instead of going out and doing stuff? Doubt he's noticed it.

Blue Jam

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 28, 2020, 11:40:52 AM
AFAIK when your Twitter account says 'this account has been suspended' it means you're out of the door and not coming back. For instance: https://twitter.com/glinner. So I'd say ArtyMorty has been banned too. He might come back again but I'm pretty sure that means he's been banned.

I'm getting a message saying:

"Caution: This account is temporarily restricted. You're seeing this warning because there has been some unusual activity from this account. Do you still want to view it?"

His profile is still up but he hasn't posted anything since his own bleak and solitary TERFy Xmas. Not actually seen that content warning on Twitter before, it's a new one to me.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 28, 2020, 12:03:50 PM
I'm getting a message saying:

"Caution: This account is temporarily restricted. You're seeing this warning because there has been some unusual activity from this account. Do you still want to view it?"

Oh right. He's not been banned then. He'll have to reconfirm his phone number and potentially delete some offending Tweets.

idunnosomename

The first thing on this list is unbridledly nasty and also you know as soon as he sees top 50 women of the year he goes "aha! Wonder how many TRANSWOMEN are on this list!?" and then googles them all.

https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/a-week-in-the-war-on-women-monday-404

I know it's "JL" but pretty sure he collabs on them.

I don't know why substack allow him. Would they allow a newsletter that singles out black people as necessary to segregate away from whites?

Blue Jam

Quotea transgender model from Brazil who has posed for Victoria Secret and featured in Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue.

I bet he had a lot of fun Googling her name. I bet he enjoyed that little bit of research. The dirty old bollocks.

George Oscar Bluth II

Is he not even pretending to be supportive of real trans people anymore? I swear his argument used to be that he has no problem with real trans people but the kids these days are being suckered into it by the internet and must be protected. But now he's piling in on someone who transitioned in the 1990s? And is such a upstanding citizen that she's a high court judge?

Did it for the laughs did she? In the notoriously open and liberal world of high end law?

EDIT: I mean really what a total piece of shit this guy is. And what an amazing case study of radicalisation. How much further can it go?

madhair60

jobotic

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 28, 2020, 12:14:26 PM

I don't know why substack allow him. Would they allow a newsletter that singles out black people as necessary to segregate away from whites?

And calls white people who disagree with him race traitors.

JaDanketies

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on December 28, 2020, 12:24:23 PM
Is he not even pretending to be supportive of real trans people anymore? I swear his argument used to be that he has no problem with real trans people but the kids these days are being suckered into it by the internet and must be protected. But now he's piling in on someone who transitioned in the 1990s? And is such a upstanding citizen that she's a high court judge?

In his defence, I believe his problem is that some newspaper list of 50 successful women is a Very Important Thing for the 3.5 billion women in the world, and these three positions are just yet another thing that trans people have taken away from cis women. It's the 'I demand 50% female warlords' era-'white feminism' that I associate with Guardian and Times columnists, but with a terfy spin. Something that is a complete irrelevance to the struggling women of the world but that seems like a fight for equality for those in the elite.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 28, 2020, 10:20:48 AM
I gotta say, when I look back on Glinner's last 12 months, it seems to have been catastrophic, but he seems to be perpetually optimistic.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 28, 2020, 12:33:15 PM
In his defence, I believe his problem is that some newspaper list of 50 successful women is a Very Important Thing for the 3.5 billion women in the world, and these three positions are just yet another thing that trans people have taken away from cis women. It's the 'I demand 50% female warlords' era-'white feminism' that I associate with Guardian and Times columnists, but with a terfy spin. Something that is a complete irrelevance to the struggling women of the world but that seems like a fight for equality for those in the elite.

Well yes but he also refers to the three trans people on the list as men throughout so he's also being a nasty, bigoted piece of shit to them for no reason too!

I.D. Smith

Did it for the laughs did she? In the notoriously open and liberal world of high end law?

EDIT: I mean really what a total piece of shit this guy is. And what an amazing case study of radicalisation. How much further can it go?

I seem to remember his argument being originally presented as above too, only for him to either become more radicalised, or it simply being a mask that was worn at the time to make his views seem more palatable, only for the mask now to be long since discarded.

Have there been any examples of previous supporters of his going off him since he's been casting his net of hate wider?

EDIT - I should probably add that I didn't find the original argument palatable myself

JamesTC

The first thing on this list is unbridledly nasty and also you know as soon as he sees top 50 women of the year he goes "aha! Wonder how many TRANSWOMEN are on this list!?" and then googles them all.

I know it's "JL" but pretty sure he collabs on them.

A clear breach of Substack Content Guidelines:
QuoteHate

Substack cannot be used to publish content or fund initiatives that call for violence, exclusion, or segregation based on protected classes. Offending behavior includes serious attacks on people based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or medical condition.

Can't seem to find where to report it. Can anybody find an email? I think it would be a good idea if a few of us all report this specific post and cite the above Content Guidelines as it might get Substack's attention.

DrGreggles

Not sure anyone actually reads the complaints though. You just received an automated response.

Maybe it's like PayPal and it takes 18 months for anyone to look at the details, by which point the person who owes you money has closed their account... (but that's another story)

petril

probably one of those things where they notice when a load of them pointing out one substack in particular. got to have a look then, then it's weighing up defending it or not in the scheme of things

chveik

Quote from: jobotic on December 28, 2020, 12:27:09 PM
And calls white people who disagree with him race traitors.

president John Biden has a substack?!

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 27, 2020, 10:53:33 PM
yeah i shouldn't assume he's actually loading it with ads on purpose. he is of course, the Mr Magoo of computers

I'm pretty sure the channel owner is responsible for the mid roll ads.

canadagoose

Quote from: I.D. Smith on December 28, 2020, 12:40:32 PM
I seem to remember his argument being originally presented as above too, only for him to either become more radicalised, or it simply being a mask that was worn at the time to make his views seem more palatable, only for the mask now to be long since discarded.

Have there been any examples of previous supporters of his going off him since he's been casting his net of hate wider?

EDIT - I should probably add that I didn't find the original argument palatable myself
That's what I think it was - a mask. GCs often claim a lot of things that make them sound "sensible", but they're just hiding the extent of their bigotry. You'll find this a lot with them. Lots of lies, and so many contradictions that Jenks would have a coronary.

Glebe

Sonny_Jim

So I found myself a quiet 5 minutes on Christmas Day, pulled out my phone and start to read the Glinner thread, only to realise that it's Christmas.  It's not the time to be rubber necking a celebrity car crash.  St Glinner sacrificed his career for us.  For that he is truly is righteous.

So I closed my phone and enjoyed the day with my family.  Thanks Glinner!

mr. logic

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on December 28, 2020, 03:15:36 PM
So I found myself a quiet 5 minutes on Christmas Day, pulled out my phone and start to read the Glinner thread, only to realise that it's Christmas.  It's not the time to be rubber necking a celebrity car crash.  St Glinner sacrificed his career for us.  For that he is truly is righteous.

So I closed my phone and enjoyed the day with my family.  Thanks Glinner!

Did he post anything on Christmas Day?

JaDanketies

Quote from: mr. logic on December 28, 2020, 03:28:13 PM
Did he post anything on Christmas Day?

He posted some thank you to his terf brethren on his Substack, although who knows what his alt accounts did. Staniland managed to go the whole day without asking anyone about male-bodied people in changing rooms with teenagers, although she did talk about them on Boxing Day and confirmed that her daughters didn't spend Christmas with her.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteI think reporting Tweets is one of the more productive things you can do on Twitter if you're a TRA. Certainly better than replying to them.

I believe this is the best policy providing you report the tweets most likely to be seen to be contravening rules.

On other platforms I have taken to reporting and blocking pretty much anyone who is writing hate speech of mendaciously trolling. Whether they eventually are warned or suspended, one by one I am wiping them off my own personal map, which is an acceptable 2nd prize.

Don't engage. Report, block, mute, wipe them off them map.

Thomas

I mean really what a total piece of shit this guy is. And what an amazing case study of radicalisation. How much further can it go?

And to think, if the IT Crowd backlash had been against his 'gay musical' episode instead, he'd be obsessing about whether gay people should be allowed to use changing rooms with members of their own gender or walk across a heath unsupervised.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I read that entire bucket of shit. Then I googled "woman murdered december 2020".

https://www.womensaid.ie/16daysblog/2020/12/10/day-16-1-in-2-women-murdered-in-ireland-are-killed/

I scrolled back on Glinner's shitstack to the 10th of December. His entry for that date is all about how Australia and Scotland have been "captured" (by trans people unreasonably wanting to be treated like their chosen gender) "but women are fighting back". No mention of this article. Neither is it mentioned in his "A Week in the War on Women" for 7th to 13th December. Violence against women only counts if a trans woman beat up a cis woman, apparently.

I wonder why Glinner wouldn't mention a report talking about the real threat to women:

QuoteThe report reveals that since the beginning of 1996, when Women's Aid began the Femicide Watch project, 236 women have died violently in the Republic of Ireland[1]. 18 children were killed alongside their mothers. 147 women (62%) were killed in their own homes.

Of the resolved cases, 55% of women were killed by a current or former spouse or partner.

Women of any age can be victims of femicide, however, women under the age of 35 account for 50% of femicide cases in Ireland. In almost all murder suicide cases (21 out of 22), the killer was the woman's partner or ex with the most common method of killing being stabbing with knives or other sharp objects (34%). In the 22 cases where a woman was killed by a male relative. 18 were killed by their sons (82%).

Domestic violence kills women. Every day on the Women's Aid 24hr National Freephone Helpline we hear from women who live on a knife edge of fear and it would be wrong to underestimate the scale and impact of violence against women. Homicide is the ultimate act of domestic violence. Last year there were 671 disclosures where a man has told the woman he will kill her and 268 threats to harm the children, her family or to self-harm. We heard devastating accounts from women who had experienced facial and body bruising, hair loss, loss of consciousness, loss of teeth, broken ribs, burns, cuts and hospitalisation as a result of the abuse.

Lethal violence is at the most severe end of the spectrum of violence against women. We know where women are killed. We know how women are killed and by whom. It is time to act. Femicide by an intimate partner must not be accepted as a fact of life. Women should be safe in their homes and in their relationships. And we must recognise the strong connection between the killing of women and domestic violence.

Oh wait it's because he doesn't give a single solitary fuck about women's safety, trans women just disgust him and he's using "women's safety" as a reason to justify harassing them and attacking them, potentially physically (if they dare try to take a shit in the ladies' while he's on guard).

bgmnts

I'm just amazed this bloke is still going. Must be running on pure bitterness now.

Retinend

Quote from: madhair60 on December 27, 2020, 07:16:34 PM
- Solicits sex from brothel called "Brighton Belles"

Since we're only on page two, what is this and why is it crossed out?

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Retinend on December 28, 2020, 07:40:05 PM
Since we're only on page two, what is this and why is it crossed out?
Someone with a better memory might want to correct me, but if I remember right he posted a screenshot where a browser tab titled "Brighton Belles" was visible. It could have been anything of course, but it was mentioned that Brighton Belles happens to be a massage parlour in Hove of questionable repute.