Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:45:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Plans for 2021

Started by Butchers Blind, December 28, 2020, 09:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

A new year will be with us soon with more Covid, Brexit and the KFC Console.  What plans have you made for the next 12 months?
Planning on reading more as I've been a bit lax in that area.

Captain Crunch

Factory tours.  Hopefully. 

steve98

Hoping to do a bit more vacuuming (carpets etc)

Buelligan

Same thing I do every year, Pinky.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Can't imagine much travel will be possible for the first few mknths of the year so probably just work, learning Czech and  XBOX360

Buelligan

Dear Shoulders, sincerely not trying to irritate but could you not consider stopping all this flying next year?  Forever. 

Knock it on the head, old son.  You've had a good run but you're not a fool, not only does it spread germs, not just Covid but whatever comes after.  Also the fucking planes, man, they're killing the planet.  Everyone needs to give something.  Think about it.  Sorry.  Thanks.

DrGreggles

Seeing my girlfriend would be nice.
Going to a gig.
Drinking in a pub.
Catching up with people.
Taking a holiday.

Basically lots of things I took for granted before 2020.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Captain Crunch on December 28, 2020, 09:49:54 AM
Factory tours.  Hopefully.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but is this as part of your work?

Fambo Number Mive

I'm imagining the first few months of 2021 will be the same as 2020. Watching crap online, listening to podcasts on Spotfiy, reading, going for the same local walks over and over again.

Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be able to meet people inside, go to a pub or get on the train and go somewhere new for a long walk.

Also, lots more farting like in 2020. Do love being able to see what farts will come out, whether some long elongated ones or the more usual shorter ones. And of course seeing what the smell will be - will it be meaty?

Icehaven

Moving house asap hopefully, ideally somewhere with some outside space, however tiny, and where we can't hear the neighbours constantly slamming doors or have to step over the piles of crap they leave outside or deal with a letting agent with open contempt for their tenants.
Getting away from the West Mids for a few days would be nice too, Wales or the Lake District or the fucking moon, anywhere really.

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: Buelligan on December 28, 2020, 10:58:18 AM
Also the fucking planes, man, they're killing the planet.  Everyone needs to give something.  Think about it.  Sorry.  Thanks.

Planet's doomed. If crapitalism couldn't be stopped by 1998 and people won't even wear a mask they ain't gonna do shit about anything else. Whoops crapocalypse.

"Twenty-one" was my parents' twee euphemism for 'penis' until I reached school age, so I shall be giggling uncontrollably every time I see or hear the date.

Junket Pumper

Would love to do a bit more traveling when that becomes possible again, I spent a few weeks in Italy and planned on visiting a few other countries but that became impossible. Considering doing an Access to HE course in September and going back to university (but unsure because of I feel too old for it all now) and I wanted to get in about 4 months of traveling before then.

I'd also absolutely love to join a gym and maybe take up boxing but anxiety has always held me back from that.

Alberon

Given how unpredictable this year has been I plan to make no plans for next year.

D'oh!

Pink Gregory

Just carry on, go and stay in a cabin in Wales or something for a bit.  Birthdays, bank holidays, buying things, paying for things, sounds, sensations, occasional bouts of depression, poos, wees, washing my hair, eating cereals.

sirhenry

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Buelligan on December 28, 2020, 10:58:18 AM
Dear Shoulders, sincerely not trying to irritate but could you not consider stopping all this flying next year?  Forever. 

Knock it on the head, old son.  You've had a good run but you're not a fool, not only does it spread germs, not just Covid but whatever comes after.  Also the fucking planes, man, they're killing the planet.  Everyone needs to give something.  Think about it.  Sorry.  Thanks.

We don't need to make the thread about this so I will now give one answer and ignore any follow-ups:

Visiting and exploring other places is my passion and saved me from depression following the breakup of a long term relationship. It was then I found out just how fulfilling it could be. Doing as much of this in the time I have available for the money I have available is my continuing intention, and this requires plane travel until I am eventually living in mainland Europe, where buses and trains will be viable. I'll be continuing to fly until then. That said, I am looking at taking fewer journeys and longer trips to reduce that, but that is partly contingent on the coming together of opportunities.

Some of my activity is offset by the fact I don't have kids, I don't own or drive a car, unless there's a thunderstorm or something I walk to everywhere that's within an hour's walk. I don't indulge in fast fashion, I dislike consumerism and try and live a life around minimising waste and about experiencing events, ideas, people, not amassing pointless shit. The majority of my possessions are over 7 or 8 years old. I don't replace things when 'the new model' comes around or simply if they have become a bit dog eared. These days I have reduced the amount of meat I consume by 50-60% from 4 or 5 years ago. I fund and champion environmental causes and green projects (in my own small way) and spent my adult life campaigning for international solidarity and social justice, which necessitates curtailing the excess and damage caused by major polluters and their elite stakeholders.

Whether or not that makes everything 'ok' will depend on each individuals point of view, but the above isn't intended as an excuse, only a declaration of intent. To repeat, I won't be replying to any responses so as to not derail the thread.

Buelligan

Fucking hell, we all do that.  Just stop flying, you selfish cunt.  No returns.  Ta.

Dex Sawash

Hoping to shave at least a day before it[nb]whatever part you want to imagine[/nb] becomes unbearably itchy.

Buelligan

Are you completely shaved then?[nb]And you think your children are dickheads.[/nb]

Tony Tony Tony

Having a haircut and a pint or maybe a pint and a haircut.

chveik

sending Shoulders on a one-way flight to dignitas

waiting for the post-lockdown sexual revolution

Buelligan

Quote from: chveik on December 28, 2020, 01:06:57 PM
sending Shoulders on a one-way flight to dignitas

If Dignitas ain't home, then...

Neomod

thenoise

1. Stop making unnecessary, unfunny posts which add nothing, especially when they tiresomely mention masturbation.

2. Masturbate less

Blinder Data

have a baby, look after baby, get a new job, see family/friends more often, go to loads of weddings (with a bloody baby - wish me luck)

those last two depend on how this COVID bollocks goes, I suppose

SpiderChrist

Keep my job and home, and not die. Foolish to wish for much more, really.

Chedney Honks

My plans for 2021 are the same plans I had for 2020 which got totally cunted by Covid, i.e. fuck off for a couple of years to set up a charity in rural Hubei with some friends. Given the completely justified despair I feel about this country, its government and its population, I expect this will be kicked down the road until 2022. They've basically implied that I can get fucked until I've had the vaccine, anyway.

Just gonna watch Godzilla, Ozu and kung fu movies til then and try to not to die.

😆😆😆

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

It'd be nice to stay alive.  If I fail, I hope to see Bowie in concert.