Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,484
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:25:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Plans for 2021

Started by Butchers Blind, December 28, 2020, 09:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Mandrake

Still refining my horseback bank heist.

Lord Mandrake

Oh and bringing down E.O.N

mr. logic

To travel as much as possible.

Thinking of developing some kind of electronic neck, for robots or neck enthusiasts.

People have been calling this a bad year.  It's been a good one for me personally but I'd like to be able to go to a cafe or coffee bar again at some point.

Captain Crunch

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 28, 2020, 11:12:34 AM
Sorry if this is a silly question, but is this as part of your work?

I do get to do a bit of that for work, normally a bacon roll bunfight under the guise of 'professional development'.  I went to a massive flour mill a while back and had a brilliant day nosing around the new Battersea development.  I did book up for the Buxton water tour, it was cancelled but in my mind it was just a big hose and loads of bottles. 

My main leisure trip was going to be the Tayto factory tour:

Trip Advisor link, check out the photos!

I've also heard about a Tenants tour, Tunnocks factory tour and even Greggs seemed to do them back in 2019.  All suspended now but I'll be booking up when they come back. 

Station tours also appeal, especially Glasgow.

I did have an idea of doing bus trips, doing say every 36 bus route in the UK or something similar.  I thought it was a fair idea but anyone I've told doesn't seem too impressed. 

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 28, 2020, 11:11:14 AMGoing to a gig.

Considering how heavy I was on gigs I haven't missed it half as much as I expected.  I still maintain it's harder to miss out because you're too poor / sick / nervous to go, feeling the weight of everyone else having fun but you missing out is horrible.  Also I could take or leave most things now but I'd love to see something really really loud and really really heavy.  Preferably with some fucked-up skinhead nutjob NORWEGIAN shouting at me.  Yes please.  Either that or some amazing spectacle like that 2001 film with a live score, something really brassy and impressive. 

Norton Canes

Work less. In the same job, with the same contract. Just... work less.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Captain Crunch on December 28, 2020, 03:40:56 PM
I did have an idea of doing bus trips, doing say every 36 bus route in the UK or something similar.  I thought it was a fair idea but anyone I've told doesn't seem too impressed. 

I think that's a really interesting idea. It would probably take a lot of time to figure out where every 36 bus route was in the UK but it sounds quite fun. If I do ever complete the majority of the rail stations in the UK, I might try bus routes.

imitationleather

GMTV

Quote from: Buelligan on December 28, 2020, 12:23:35 PM
Fucking hell, we all do that.  Just stop flying, you selfish cunt.  No returns.  Ta.

The "Internet" was rivaling the airline industry in terms of CO2 emissions. Presumably is eclipsing the airline industry this year.

Are you planning on cutting out Internet usage this year in parallel?

peanutbutter

Main plans is to not catch covid, which seems like it'll become quite hard once every pensioner gets the vaccine and the "return to normalcy" push begins in earnest. Expecting the generational divide to get pretty nasty tbh.

Beyond that...
- book a few weeks away just to work from somewhere a bit different for a patch, maybe just swap apartments with someone
- go to a doctor about digestive issues
- go to a doctor about mad unfocused brain issues
- keep a healthy distance from loads of family bullshit
- more actively cut beef outta my diet (I rarely touch it as it is, may as well make a moral stand on the matter)
- try and regain my love for a few things that seems to have vanished over the course of this year (not being able to go to cinemas for more difficult to focus on stuff has left my film viewing really skewed and kinda killed my love of the medium, really need to endure some Bela Tarr type shit in a cinema)
- try to make some new friends but probably just lose some of the ones I still have
- maybe try speed and/or heroin
- depending on how things are maybe fuck off for a few months at the end of the year so I never feel like travelling again (would hopefully only involve one flight so I didn't have to endure the middle east)

Bazooka

Finally get around to filling out that Taliban application form.

flotemysost

Aside from the obvious 'vid-related stuff (get the wacky vaccy right in me, see my family etc.) I'd really like to do the below, if possible:

- Travel more within the UK, ideally by train. I'd like to get away somewhere for my birthday - April, so not completely out of the realms of possibility, but we'll see.

- Make the most of living on my own for the first time, and do all the things I've held back from in the past due to not wanting to be annoying/antisocial around flatmates - learn an instrument, get back into singing (if I can bear to listen to myself), cook elaborate stuff that requires hogging the kitchen for ages, try out obscure and exotic wanking techniques

- Get over my terror of commitment and meet someone. Banking on the hope that everyone's standards will be ridiculously low by the time it's safe to do all that stuff.

- Get back into acting/theatre/improv stuff and join a local group (COVID-permitting, of course).

- Ditto volunteering, especially with homeless people.

Buelligan

Quote from: GMTV on December 29, 2020, 01:26:21 PM
The "Internet" was rivaling the airline industry in terms of CO2 emissions. Presumably is eclipsing the airline industry this year.

Are you planning on cutting out Internet usage this year in parallel?

I don't use the internet.

steve98

Quite right, it's all shit.

I keep my oxygen intake, and thus my CO2 emmissions, down by havin' emphysema. Works well.

dex

I've started a distance learning engineering course so I can change careers. Got to finish it and not succumb to the "not arsed, now" stage.

Cuellar

NattyDread 2

Hadn't really thought of any 'til I read this thread and it got me thinking I really should -

Sort and massively thin out the records
Learn to read music/play a bit of piano/get better on the guitar
Shed the beer belly
Build a bike shed
Master the art of the baguette

That should be enough to be getting on with. I'll be pretty chuffed to tick off any of those. Should be do-able.

Jittlebags

Gonna build a modular analog synth in my shed. Well, that's what I'm telling the missus.

Jockice

To get a life. Same as usual. Have yet to succeed.

Blue Jam

poo

Invest in teledildonics. Trust me, I'm always ahead of the curve.

Blue Jam

You're probably right there poo. If lockdown goes on much longer we'll need a bit o' teledildonics to stop sexually frustrated folks losing their shit. Sell the tech to Tinder, job's a good 'un.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 29, 2020, 10:27:39 PM
You're probably right there poo. If lockdown goes on much longer we'll need a bit o' teledildonics to stop sexually frustrated folks losing their shit. Sell the tech to Tinder, job's a good 'un.

Incidentally this is doing the rounds on twitter at the moment.

https://twitter.com/shad0wdaddy/status/1344039273826279424

Jittlebags

Quote from: poo on December 29, 2020, 10:25:26 PM
Invest in teledildonics. Trust me, I'm always ahead of the curve.

Hmm. IOD, Internet of Dildoes. I wonder if anyone has thought of pairing up a drone with a dildo? Close-up action all filmed in glorious PanhandleVision (tm).

non capisco

My plan for 2021 isn't really about the specifics, more just about the attitude. And I plan to face 2021 with the spirit and defiance of Andrew WK in front of a field full of angry juggalos. . Do the monkey with me.

Gambrinus

Buy house, join running club. Hopefully do a marathon, if they're not all cancelled again.

Consider AA meetings if get too lonely in house.

Sleeper train to Scotland and a week up there in the hills or one of the small islands.

Hopefully see a lot more of my nephew.