Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:07:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Instant Pot 11 in 1 PLUS air-fryer

Started by Cuellar, December 28, 2020, 08:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

What is actually the point. What (apart from maybe the air frying) can you do in this that you can't do in, say, a pan or a baking tray.

pancreas

Cuellar

Yes but why, for pity's sake. What's the point of pressure cooking. What does it do that you can't do in a normal pan.

Cuellar

Gosh risotto. I can finally make risotto. Stews, soups. Boy, is there anything this baby can't do?!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Cuellar on December 28, 2020, 08:53:45 PM
Gosh risotto. I can finally make risotto. Stews, soups. Boy, is there anything this baby can't do?!

Lots actually, it can't do a whole suite of functions.

Goldentony

someones stood there and invented that and you're arsed about fucking pans, grow up

Cuellar

I want nothing to do with this bloody thing, honestly

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Cuellar on December 28, 2020, 08:42:00 PM
Yes but why, for pity's sake. What's the point of pressure cooking. What does it do that you can't do in a normal pan.

Err cooking things in less than half the time it takes by conventional methods.  As regards to comparing it too a normal pan, you do know what a pressure cooker does right?

pancreas

What if I installed a throttle to reduce the amount of energy coming into your stove and made it take twice as long for you to cook your stews? You would call the police. This is the opposite of that.

Cuellar

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on December 28, 2020, 08:56:22 PM
Err cooking things in less than half the time it takes by conventional methods.  As regards to comparing it too a normal pan, you do know what a pressure cooker does right?

Recipe for risotto on that site there, takes 30 minutes. Exactly like a pan on a hob.

WASTE of resources and effort.

Cuellar

Quote from: pancreas on December 28, 2020, 08:58:52 PM
What if I installed a throttle to reduce the amount of energy coming into your stove and made it take twice as long for you to cook your stews? You would call the police. This is the opposite of that.

Do what you bloody want, I don't even cook bloody stews do I.

Sebastian Cobb

Love my instant pot, cooks a biryani in 6 minutes perfect everytime, which is far more difficult with a non-sealed vessel and a non-regulated heat supply.

pancreas

Quote from: Cuellar on December 28, 2020, 09:01:13 PM
Do what you bloody want, I don't even cook bloody stews do I.

It wouldn't surprise me if you were on the Goblin Hamburgers every night and you came here to complain performatively about other people making stews. I could believe you were capable of such low behaviour.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Cuellar on December 28, 2020, 08:59:44 PM
Recipe for risotto on that site there, takes 30 minutes. Exactly like a pan on a hob.

WASTE of resources and effort.

Yeah I'm not sure why risotto is being talked about but for something like ribs for example.  That you would have to either slow cook or boil for hrs you can do that in 20 mins in pressure cooker. 

Spoon of Ploff

I do my stews in a slow cook pot that'll take 8 hours minimum because there are days when I have to give myself something to look forward to.

pancreas

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 28, 2020, 09:02:30 PM
Love my instant pot, cooks a biryani in 6 minutes perfect everytime, which is far more difficult with a non-sealed vessel and a non-regulated heat supply.

^ see look at this. Now we both know his biryani will taste like watery dogshit, but the important point is that it only takes him 6 minutes, right?

Twit 2

QDRPHNC

Instant Pots are brilliant. Perfect rice in 4 minutes, a stew in 40 minutes, cook chicken from frozen in 20 minutes. You don't have to watch them. Just shove everything in there and forget about it. I use mine daily.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: pancreas on December 28, 2020, 09:05:59 PM
^ see look at this. Now we both know his biryani will taste like watery dogshit, but the important point is that it only takes him 6 minutes, right?

Plus pressure release I guess, while absorption continues.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: QDRPHNC on December 28, 2020, 09:09:37 PM
Instant Pots are brilliant. Perfect rice in 4 minutes, a stew in 40 minutes, cook chicken from frozen in 20 minutes. You don't have to watch them. Just shove everything in there and forget about it. I use mine daily.

I've even been chucking my masks in there with a pint of water, 2 minutes + NPR = sterilised mask.

Twit 2

Quote from: Cuellar on December 28, 2020, 08:53:45 PM

Mend your broken heart?

Cuellar

I just cannot cope with it at all, I'm not interested in cooking meat, I never cook meat, or if I do i can do it in an oven and it's exactly the same - you still have to chop things, prepare things, it's just putting them in a different container at the end, so now it's just going to sit there and every time they'll ask me and I'll have to say 'oh yes it's great!' but I don't see the purpose of it, I don't see the purpose of any of it, I don't see the purpose of anything

QDRPHNC

Cuellar

I've got one and there's absolutely fuck all I can do about that

pancreas

Twit 2

Stick your head it in it for 6 minutes.

Inspector Norse