Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:37:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Instant Pot 11 in 1 PLUS air-fryer

Started by Cuellar, December 28, 2020, 08:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twit 2

I suppose the IP is good for people who don't like using their senses when cooking. If you want to dollop all your food in a bucket, like dog evacuating its tin of Chappie in a straggly hedge, and leave it because you're like an oversized Special Educational Needs mole who's been taught to poke things with the Kodály method and a cattle prod. If the thought of watching, listening to and smelling onions slowly cook confuses you. If you've given up on life.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Twit 2 on December 30, 2020, 11:05:06 AM
I suppose the IP is good for people who don't like using their senses when cooking. If you want to dollop all your food in a bucket and leave it because you're like an oversized Special Educational Needs mole. If the thought of watching, listening to and smelling onions slowly cook confuses you. If you've given up on life.

"All mice are gay and from space"

Marner and Me

I've got better things to do than cook, can it make a Sausage and Egg McBacon?

Twit 2

That's right it fillets
It chops, it dices, it slices
It never stops
Lasts a lifetime, it mows your lawn
And it mows your lawn
It picks up the kids from school
It gets rid of unwanted facial hair
It gets rid of embarrassing age spots
It delivers the pizza
And it lengthens
And it strengthens
And it finds that slipper that's be en-lodged under the
Chaise lounge for several weeks
And it plays a mean rhythm master
It makes excuses for unwanted lipstick on your collar
And it's only a dollar
Step right up
It's only a dollar
Step right up
'Cause it forges your signature
If not completely satisfied
Mail back unused portion of product for a complete refund of price of purchase
Step right up
Please allow thirty days for delivery
Don't be fooled by cheap imitations
You can
Live in it
Live in it
Laugh in it
Love in it
Swim in it
Sleep in it
Live in it
Swim in it
Laugh in it
Love in it
And it removes embarrassing stains from contour sheets
That's right
And it entertains visiting relatives
It turns a sandwich into a banquet
Tired of being the life of the party
Change your shorts
Change your life
Change your life
Change into a 9 year old Hindu boy
Get rid of your wife
And it walks your dog
And it doubles on sax
Doubles on sax
You can jump back jack
See ya later alligator
See ya later alligator
And it steals your car
It gets rid of your gambling debts
It quits smoking
It's a friend, it's a companion
It's the only product you will ever need
Follow these easy assembly instructions
It never needs ironing
Well it takes weights off hips
Bust
Thighs
Chin
Midriff
Gives you dandruff
And it finds you a job
It is a job
And it strips the phone company
Of free tapes and your while exchange
And it gives you denture breath
And you know it's a friend
And it's a companion
And it gets rid of your travellers checks
It's new, it's improved, it's old fashioned
Well it takes care of business
Never needs winding
Never needs winding
Never needs winding
Gets rid of blackheads, heartbreak, and psoriasis
Christ, you don't know the meaning of heartbreak buddy
C'mon, c'mon.
C'mon, c'mon.
Cause it's effective
It's defective
It creates household odors
It disinfects
It's sanitised for your protection
It gives you an erection
It wins the election
Why put up with painful corns any longer
It's a redeemable coupon
No obligation
No salesman will visit your home

touchingcloth

Quote from: Marner and Me on December 30, 2020, 11:19:10 AM

If you just shout "SAUSAGE AND EGG MCBACON" slowly and loudly at it enough times then eventually you still won't have a Sausage and Egg McBacon but you will have a sore throat.

Dex Sawash

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Marner and Me on December 30, 2020, 11:19:10 AM

This can:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dUkWf8gBkU

It's worth watching this through to the end for the deso admission tbh.

Sebastian Cobb

I did this yesterday, came out quite well. I added chilli sausages to it.

https://amindfullmom.com/instant-pot-pasta/

In future I think I'll add onions and maybe a few slugs of lea and perrins though.

Cuellar

Looks good - I tried doing a mac and cheese in it the other day and it was a bit of a disaster. Still loads of water left in the pot after the cooking time, venting sprayed a load of pasta-y water around the kitchen.

I did a puttanesca in there last week which was actually pretty good.

Sebastian Cobb

One thing I've had no success with is chilli. Although the first time I messed up by stirring the beans in, when they should've rested on top, their starchiness can cause burn warnings where the bottom overheats. I don't think the fact I was using veggie/vegan mince helped either it has a tendency to stick to the bottom of the pan when you brown it, I think beef mince is less susceptible due to the fat. Could've just been the brand I was using though.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Cuellar on January 09, 2021, 11:56:23 AM
after the cooking time, venting sprayed a load of pasta-y water around the kitchen.

Quote from: Dex Sawash on December 30, 2020, 01:09:00 PM
Take it outdoors to vent

It's even worse when you blast chicken tinga at the ceiling. Unless 4 day old chicken tinga scented ceilings are a thing you're in to.

MojoJojo

Quote from: Cuellar on January 09, 2021, 11:56:23 AM
Looks good - I tried doing a mac and cheese in it the other day and it was a bit of a disaster. Still loads of water left in the pot after the cooking time, venting sprayed a load of pasta-y water around the kitchen.

The instant pot website says not to cook pasta because of the foam venting problem. But then it also has recipes for mac n cheese so...

poo

Wanna know my view on pressure cookers? It'll cost you £7.

Jittlebags

Back in the 70's when I were a lad, every alternate day there was a pressure cooker on the hob, steam issuing menacingly from the overly large looking, and wobbling metal valve on top. It was generally a beef shin stew, or bacon bones with marrowfat peas. The 70s were grim.

NattyDread 2

Quote from: Jittlebags on January 09, 2021, 09:04:56 PMIt was generally a beef shin stew, or bacon bones with marrowfat peas. The 70s were grim.

Sounds alright to me.

thenoise

Fucking state of this thread.

I have an instant pot and,after a bit of experimentation,only really use it for beans/pulses or rice. It's as good as a rice cooker, meaning I can concentrate on making my curry or whatever extra delicious (on the HOB, yes it was never intended to replace your main cooker), and I can cook something involving beans/pulses without soaking them overnight i.e. planning what I'm going to eat days in advance.
As for this 2 hours reduced to 1 hour shit,how about 24 hours reduced to 1 hour, is that good enough for you?

Daresay it can do lots of other things too, although I do have am earlier model (a mere 7 in 1). My grandparents used to cook porridge overnight in a slow cooker, although as they made it scotch style with oats water and salt it tasted like absolute garbage.

TrenterPercenter

Gave up own the thread a long time ago what with all the "I tried to make a complete bacon sandwich in it but it made the bread all mushy" moaning.

thugler

Quote from: thenoise on January 10, 2021, 09:39:58 AM

I have an instant pot and,after a bit of experimentation,only really use it for beans/pulses or rice. It's as good as a rice cooker, meaning I can concentrate on making my curry or whatever extra delicious (on the HOB, yes it was never intended to replace your main cooker), and I can cook something involving beans/pulses without soaking them overnight i.e. planning what I'm going to eat days in advance.

This is a good 90% of my uses as well, along with steaming veggies. But that is enough in itself, the labour saving is massive. And there's always the option of the more elaborate recipes as well, which are mostly a doddle.

Gurke and Hare

Just seen someone on reddit talking about doing poached eggs in one, which seems totally fucking pointless since you can make poached eggs in the time it takes an instant pot to come up to pressure.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on January 22, 2021, 06:27:48 PM
Just seen someone on reddit talking about doing poached eggs in one, which seems totally fucking pointless since you can make poached eggs in the time it takes an instant pot to come up to pressure.

The advantage I can see here is if you don't have a poaching pan, you can do it in a cup, so you have a nice shaped egg rather than a disgusting jellyfish like thing.

TrenterPercenter

Not sure about poached eggs.  I made some Peking duck using one the other day which was was excellent.

Duck legs marinaded in five spice, soy, fish sauce, molasses, rice wine (heat it all up in the microwave for 30s so it becomes malleable).  Pressure cook for 30 mins; take out (you could dry them at this point which would even better), baste and then bake for 30 mins, then grill for a couple of minutes to crisp up the skin.

Proper peking duck can take a couple of days so this is pretty great to be able to do this in just over an hour (maybe 2 or 3 if going the drying route)

Sebastian Cobb

Sounds decent. I'm tempted to try and use mine to speed up a hairy bikers chinese pork belly recipe (takes about 2.5 hours in the oven).

Gurke and Hare

I'm making this in my knock-off instant pot wannabe pressure king pro tonight, and it looks bloody lovely, I can't wait for it to be teatime.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on January 23, 2021, 04:52:38 PM
I'm making this in my knock-off instant pot wannabe pressure king pro tonight, and it looks bloody lovely, I can't wait for it to be teatime.

Looks good, and has prompted me to try doing a rengdang.

This looks decent https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/instant-pot-beef-rendang/#photo