Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:25:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Remember Serge Today...

Started by timebug, December 29, 2020, 09:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timebug

My son Marc, your old forum amigo 'Serge' would have been fifty today, had the universe not been such a random bastard at selecting who gets to hang around,and who doesn't. I am a virtial non drinker, but I will be raising a glass to his memory in thought at least.

Absorb the anus burn

Here's to Marc - truly one of CaB's best.

Buelligan

He was the bravest and the best of us and with the best beard too, never forgotten.  I raise a glass of spirit to a beloved virtual brother.

NoSleep

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Still miss him. Will raise a glass of Zero Cola to him this very instant.

poo

Will raise a glass to him later.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

His birthday is still prompted via Facebook and so I took a moment earlier this morning to doff my cap. Lovely guy and much missed.

Buelligan

Icehaven

Much missed, here's to you Serge.

shiftwork2

He's missed, and I'm glad you're here timebug as it's like there's a bit of him still around.  Best wishes to you.

Non Stop Dancer

Hope you're doing OK today Timebug. Happy birthday Serge.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Didn't have many personal interactions with him, but he seems much loved by everyone.

Hopefully the fact people think so fondly of him can give you a small bit of comfort.

Bazooka

I salute anyone who is a master of Mixed Grills, I wish good health to you Timebug.

Jockice

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 29, 2020, 10:28:21 AM
His birthday is still prompted via Facebook and so I took a moment earlier this morning to doff my cap. Lovely guy and much missed.

I saw that too. And I agree too. Just wish our plans to meet up had come to fruition

Thomas

As it happens, I was reading some of his posts last night. I hope you're well, timebug.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Friendly, supportive, warm and enthusiastic; Serge is much missed.

Captain Crunch

I only hung round with him twice outside of meets but one of those times was when the fantastic Kristin Hersh did a show at Rough Trade.  A big treat for everyone, I think he even got a pic?

Much missed.

Janie Jones

I think of him most days. Last night I got a question right in a zoom quiz entirely because I remembered something he'd told me about the Beatles.

Glebe

Serge was the heart of the forum, and an absolute mine of cultural knowledge. Sorely missed and much loved. Hope you're doing okay Timebug, and that you have a safe and Happy New Year.

non capisco

A wonderful individual, miss the hell out of that guy. Hope all's good with you, Timebug.

Cerys

What ^^^^^^^ they all said.  I don't tend to call people legends, but I'll make an exception for Serge.  Which makes you a father of legends, Timebug, because Marc had so many stories.

holyzombiejesus

Thinking of him and you, Timebug. The place hasn't been the same without him.

Chedney Honks

A great guy and superb poster. Nobody could have a bad word to say against him, and he clearly means a lot to so many on here. Hugs to you, timebug, and great to see you around.

studpuppet

I shall have a skim through the Alt Read subform in his honour, while sipping on an espresso with little lemon twist.

touchingcloth

Happy birthday, Serge!

I waver between smiling and crying whenever I notice the "Serge was here" subtitle on Shelf Abuse. Truly one of CaB's finest.

selectivememory

Yeah, I'll have a drink for him later on. Can only really echo what everyone else has already said. He was just a lovely guy and is still missed a great deal.

greencalx

Yes, he was lovely and is missed.

I've been remembering him a lot, as we're johnny-come-latelies to Breaking Bad and working our way through it as something to do during lockdown. I figured there'd be a thread on it somewhere, and indeed I found this one which has Serge giving his lowdown on each episode. If you're the one remaining person in the universe who's not seen it, I recommend doing so, if only so you can follow this thread.

druss

Didn't know him but seems very well regarded, if I drank I would raise a glass.