Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:59:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Remember Serge Today...

Started by timebug, December 29, 2020, 09:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas

Quote from: greencalx on December 29, 2020, 05:36:26 PM
I've been remembering him a lot, as we're johnny-come-latelies to Breaking Bad and working our way through it as something to do during lockdown.

I think of Marc a lot, too, but in my case the pop cultural reference point is David Bowie (I'll get round to Breaking Bad one day). As I mentioned upthread, I was reading some of Marc's posts only last night. After repeated wranglings with it, he faced death with such amazing stoicism - at least we know that his final weeks had a sense of acceptance and peace about them.

Something that upsets me about death is the idea of missing out on things as they move along with out you, so in a way I'm glad that Doctor Who has only deteriorated since he passed.

Neomod

Raised a cheeky Merlot to Serge tonight. Happy Birthday fella.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Thomas on December 29, 2020, 09:56:06 PM
Something that upsets me about death is the idea of missing out on things as they move along with out you, so in a way I'm glad that Doctor Who has only deteriorated since he passed.

Yeah, I get a horrible feeling in my stomach whenever a new series of Better Call Saul arrives as I know how much Marc enjoyed it.

jobotic

Harry Badger

He really was a great guy.

To Serge!

Brundle-Fly

Johnny Yesno

Raising a glass to Serge. It's good to see you're still posting here, Timebug.

idunnosomename

i have and i have also physically raised a glass of booze. hurrah

Menu

I go through old threads when I can't sleep, and his contributions all have a gentle wisdom and are always worth reading. Sending you lots of love today, Timebug.

Ferris

I think we only had limited interactions, but was a great guy by all accounts. I read his last stuff with awe (especially as another poster I knew better passed away around the same time) and I'm sad I didn't interact with him more and will raise a glass now.

Anyone who gets a unanimous thumbs up from CaB must be a properly good egg.

Famous Mortimer

It came up on Facebook earlier. I enjoyed the limited time we spent together (he worked in Chesterfield occasionally so we'd go for a beer from time to time) and I miss him. Thanks for sharing, timebug.

timebug

Thanks for the thoughts fellow members! And to those who asked, I am doing okay I reckon. Old, aching,grumbling.....yeah,old age does have an upside! It was a weird day anyway, being Marc's potential birthday, plus we had a really hard frost,followed by a couple of inches of snow, and then a quick melt,and sunshine in the afternoon!
Thanks again one and all. I am fine,and thanks for the kind thoughts about Marc. He always spoke highly of you lot anyway!

Buelligan

Very glad you're doing alright although I don't don't think you're grumbling enough to be properly old. Serge's birthday made me listen to lots of Bowie, another little dance for you, hope it makes you laugh and then grumble even more, heheh.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBQ-S6njQQw

dr beat

We've raised a glass to Serge, I had the great pleasure of meeting Marc once or twice at Cab meets and always really looked forward to his annual album reviews which were a great education to this pop-crazed youngster.

Catalogue Trousers

I never met the guy, but dear Gawd I loved his postings. Definitely one of the good ones.

Glad that I'm in a pub which isn't going to be allowed to open from tomorrow for who knows how long. Pint all ready to toast.

All of the best to you, Serge, wherever you may now be.

tookish

I noticed it was his birthday on Facebook, and raised a glass to him. Were I not a herbivore I'd have raised a mixed grill. I spent one of the best evenings of my life in his company and miss him very dearly.