Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:31:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

50k cases per day

Started by Chedney Honks, December 29, 2020, 05:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilcommiedictator

How's the herd immunity working out lads, do we get to party in Ibiza this summer?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bomb_dog on January 05, 2021, 10:31:34 PM
Should we stay in bed as well as at home? I'm sure you're as frustrated as the rest of us when everything is supposedly fine and safe and then FUCK ME YOU SHOULD SEE THE FIGURES when you and they have probably known about them for a few days to a week.

Figures in wastewater looking bad across all major cities - they do not give an indication of prevalence, more likely incidence. Still need to wait for the next couple of days to see the trend. London sites were ambling along pretty flat over xmas but at expected high values. Other cities, were either doing well (Newcastle) or in expected range until 30/31st when there is an noticeable uptick in all sub-catchments.

We're still waiting on the genomics.

You already know the bottom line - don't mess around with half measures. Stay safe, isolate as much as possible. No "I'll just pop over to Malcs for a go on his gameboy".

Old Thrashbarg

How far in advance of the positive test figures are the wastewater incidence figures? I'm working on the assumption that it takes an average of 5 or so days after infection for a positive test to be recorded. So how quickly after infection does it show up in your piss/shite, then how quickly does it become traceable in the collective wastewater, and finally, how quickly does that then make it's way into your figures?

Kelvin

The knowledge that Blodders spends his life clawing through the country's shit and piss goes some way to explaining his worldview.

Dex Sawash

Has anyone told the 5G nutters that the government is monitoring their stools?

jobotic

They're not monitoring mine. They're all in plastic bags by the back door. #KBF

JamesTC

I hope they start hoarding their shit.

"Bill Gates won't get my turd"

jobotic

olliebean

Estimated cases in my borough in North London just passed 10,000, which is around 1 in 40. Gonna be getting my groceries delivered for a while yet, I reckon.

MojoJojo

Quote from: olliebean on January 06, 2021, 03:36:45 PM
Estimated cases in my borough in North London just passed 10,000, which is around 1 in 40. Gonna be getting my groceries delivered for a while yet, I reckon.

Assuming you're not at high risk, and that grocery slots have filled up there like they have here - isn't the better thing to do to shop in person and leave delivery slots for those in self-isolation or who are high risk? It is a bit weird, I was thinking getting delivery was the responsible thing but now we're in lockdown again and delivery slots are disappearing I think going in is probably the responsible thing.

Just checking tesco - next home delivery slot is the 21st, click and collect is tomorrow, so I'm probably ok doing c&c because I'm lucky enough to have a car.

I've not seen any national news about deliveries running out so maybe that's only a local thing though.

olliebean

Quote from: MojoJojo on January 06, 2021, 04:35:22 PM
Assuming you're not at high risk, and that grocery slots have filled up there like they have here - isn't the better thing to do to shop in person and leave delivery slots for those in self-isolation or who are high risk? It is a bit weird, I was thinking getting delivery was the responsible thing but now we're in lockdown again and delivery slots are disappearing I think going in is probably the responsible thing.

That's what Tesco say, but their delivery slots seem very scarce (I just had a look and there's none available at all for the 3-week period they allow booking for). Other supermarkets seem to be doing better at supplying enough slots to meet demand, and as long as I see a decent number of slots available I don't feel too guilty about taking one.

Non Stop Dancer

Where I am at least, Sainsburys is where it's at for plentiful delivery slots, especially if you get a delivery pass.