Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,343
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:24:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Best examples of dealing with hecklers NSFW

Started by Retinend, December 30, 2020, 08:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retinend

because of his recent push for number one, I've been watching some Kunt and the Gang fringe shows for the first time and I think he's got a really charming personality: charismatic but doesn't seem to have an ego at all. When someone drunk after a friend's wedding starts too-loudly cheering and butting in (ok, so not a classic heckler, but whatever), Kunt deals with him a bit like the fun teacher who can turn, not nasty, but "serious" at the drop of a hat, which is even worse - you can feel the audience guy's blood run cold when it happens. By the way, can anyone work out what the guy is saying, either before or after he gets a talking to? (other than "...at my pal's wedding", obviously)

⚠️VERY NSFW (for celebrity front bottom)⚠️
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nij3mJAYCIo&t=11m40s

please post your favourite examples

oh, and that reminds me. Here's a NOT favourite example of mine - because it used to get recommended to me all the fucking time back in the days of old youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jzbj9wylwU
Bill Hicks-You Drunk Bitch!

"yes maam BE my little echo, ...yeah that's my mother... YOU suck you fucking CUNT get the fuck out of here right now you're everything that America should be flushed down the toilet you FUCKING turd  you drunk BITCH take her fucking out take her to somewhere that's "good" go see Madonna you fucking idiot "you suck buddy you suck" I can yell at the comedian because I'm a drunk cunt that gives me carte blanche I've got a cunt and I'm drunk I can go anything I want I can yell at performers I don't have a cock I'm a fucking idiot because I've got a cunt I want you to go find a fucking SOUL"

sure, I don't like Bill Hicks at the best of times and so I'm biased, but let's be objective: this isn't witty. It isn't even fully grammatical. Weird little freudian slip there - "that's my mother" and then the not-so-little freudian slide: "I can do what I want because I don't have a cock and I have a cunt".

Jockice

I like Jimmy Carr's: "I'd love to chat but I'm working."

Utter Shit

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on December 30, 2020, 10:16:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZQod7j-Cak

I was at this show, the way he dealt with the heckler was great. It started with someone in the audience shouting out that his jokes weren't funny and then, when Stew hit back, the audience member baffingly tried to justify it by saying they had cancer.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Utter Shit on December 30, 2020, 10:19:36 AM
I was at this show, the way he dealt with the heckler was great. It wasn't someone walking across the stage though, it was someone in the audience shouting out that his jokes weren't funny and then, when Stew hit back, the audience member baffingly tried to justify it by saying they had cancer.

Funnily enough, after rewatching it, just before you posted, I edited my post because I realised I'd got it mixed up with another incident. The walking across the stage one.

Brundle-Fly

The 'I've got cancer' is a regular line that hecklers and sometimes fans use to garner pity or a shoe in to get time with a celebrity. Whether they have it or not, it's a cunt's trick.

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: Retinend on December 30, 2020, 08:54:05 AM

sure, I don't like Bill Hicks at the best of times and so I'm biased, but let's be objective: this isn't witty. It isn't even fully grammatical. Weird little freudian slip there - "that's my mother" and then the not-so-little freudian slide: "I can do what I want because I don't have a cock and I have a cunt".

Yeah, l like most teens was into Hicks, loved his style of delivery and some of the stuff was and still is genuinely funny but coming back to his material as an adult and with a female perspective, some of it does seem off to me now.
That comeback being a perfect example.
And the Goatboy stuff, Jesus were do you start with that shitshow?

Edit: sorry don't want to derail your thread and turn it into a debate on Hicks.
But yes you are right that comeback was a perfect example of awful.

Retinend

Oh don't worry, it's not a derail! How a performer deals with hecklers shows the real person and so I think it's still relevant to get into the personalities revealed this way. What was the "goatboy stuff"?

Brundle-Fly

'Goatboy' routine was Hicks channeling his libido through this sort of Krampus/ demon character. It was an odd tangent in his show. My ex-girlfriend and her mates used to love Goatboy which was a surprise because they were quite active feminists.

Retinend

Oh! I'm not familiar with any of his full sets, but I can imagine it the way you described it. The clip I posted in the OP has the same sort of lechery on display just before he goes into his "soulless cunt" rant. Funny about your ex's feminist friends - but I guess they were "over it" and could laugh at its honesty, regardless of what Hicks thought he was doing with that.

Petey Pate

Can't find a clip of it but I love Ted Chippington nonchalantly replying 'My name's Ted Chippington' over and over again to a crowd of yobbos chanting 'who the fucking hell are you?' at him.

cliggg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh-B-gPIViw

I like this Norm Macdonald video, he actively encourages the crowd not to boo the man and rejects the suggestion that the heckler should be kicked out. I know hecklers bring it on themselves but I can't help but feel bad for them whenever I see Joe Rogan or similar absolutely revel in "DESTROYING" hecklers and how quick a venue full of people are to boo, shout at and themselves, heckle another person. There are a few comedians who post their own "Heckler gets destroyed!!" videos on YouTube, Steve Hofstetter is one and that's all he seems to post. Good money in it I suppose.

Dusty Substance

Quote from: cliggg on December 30, 2020, 04:40:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh-B-gPIViw

I like this Norm Macdonald video, he actively encourages the crowd not to boo the man and rejects the suggestion that the heckler should be kicked out.

Lovely stuff! One of many reasons why Norm I rate Norm as the best in the world.

I like this one from Todd Glass as he sticks up for the bar staff and you can tell he really means it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj6Oi1_4kz8

By the way, can anyone work out what the guy is saying, either before or after he gets a talking to? (other than "...at my pal's wedding", obviously)

Initially the young man exclaims

"Let's go <pal's name> mate!"

then after being admonished the gentleman says

"I'm pure excited, my pal's winning"

followed by

"He's never won anything in his life"

Retinend

Thanks! I figured it was something servile like that - Kunt gives him such a withering look.

Edit: lol I was so confident that I heard "my pal's wedding" that I wrote it into the OP. Qué pena

Menu

because of his recent push for number one, I've been watching some Kunt and the Gang fringe shows for the first time and I think he's got a really charming personality: charismatic but doesn't seem to have an ego at all. When someone drunk after a friend's wedding starts too-loudly cheering and butting in (ok, so not a classic heckler, but whatever), Kunt deals with him a bit like the fun teacher who can turn, not nasty, but "serious" at the drop of a hat, which is even worse - you can feel the audience guy's blood run cold when it happens. By the way, can anyone work out what the guy is saying, either before or after he gets a talking to? (other than "...at my pal's wedding", obviously)

⚠️VERY NSFW (for celebrity front bottom)⚠️
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nij3mJAYCIo&t=11m40s

please post your favourite examples

oh, and that reminds me. Here's a NOT favourite example of mine - because it used to get recommended to me all the fucking time back in the days of old youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jzbj9wylwU
Bill Hicks-You Drunk Bitch!

"yes maam BE my little echo, ...yeah that's my mother... YOU suck you fucking CUNT get the fuck out of here right now you're everything that America should be flushed down the toilet you FUCKING turd  you drunk BITCH take her fucking out take her to somewhere that's "good" go see Madonna you fucking idiot "you suck buddy you suck" I can yell at the comedian because I'm a drunk cunt that gives me carte blanche I've got a cunt and I'm drunk I can go anything I want I can yell at performers I don't have a cock I'm a fucking idiot because I've got a cunt I want you to go find a fucking SOUL"

Ugh that's horrible from Hicks. I never liked him or his sort of faux-anger. Very Alex Jones.

lipsink

Went to see that Kunt show in 2012 (not the exact one with that heckler, mind) and there was a moment when just as he was delivering the punchline a guy dropped his beer bottle. No one laughed and Kunt just looked defeated and said: "Cheers mate". I've done 2 Fringe runs and they can absolutely brutal when you're basically getting shit like that every day for a month.

Fambo Number Mive

Really enjoying the Steve Hofstetter heckler videos

St_Eddie

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on December 30, 2020, 10:29:58 AM
The 'I've got cancer' is a regular line that hecklers and sometimes fans use to garner pity or a shoe in to get time with a celebrity. Whether they have it or not, it's a cunt's trick.

"Oh... I've just remembered that my Mother's dead!"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteUgh that's horrible from Hicks. I never liked him or his sort of faux-anger. Very Alex Jones.

An embarrassment whose act dates worse every year.

Botty Cello

Best put down I heard was to a bearded heckler "Just because you've got hair around your mouth, doesn't mean you can talk like a cunt."

Junket Pumper

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 04, 2021, 11:43:55 PM
An embarrassment whose act dates worse every year.

The clip is absurd because female hecklers are so rare, he just gives his misogyny away by claiming heckling is anything to do with female entitlement. Fortunately he appears to be fading from memory though, I can't remember the last time I remember anyone mentioning him before seeing that revolting link today. Like Trump his supporters and enablers will probably pretend they never liked him but they shouldn't ever be allowed to get away with it.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Junket Pumper on January 05, 2021, 01:44:38 AM
The clip is absurd because female hecklers are so rare, he just gives his misogyny away by claiming heckling is anything to do with female entitlement. Fortunately he appears to be fading from memory though, I can't remember the last time I remember anyone mentioning him before seeing that revolting link today. Like Trump his supporters and enablers will probably pretend they never liked him but they shouldn't ever be allowed to get away with it.

When I was a teenager I was really into Bill Hicks. He seems to tap into the energy of moody teen boys who won't clean their room, mum! But once I grew out of that, I grew out of him.

I do like a handful of his routines, admittedly. I think he's best when his crass American persona rubs up against British politeness. Like I really love the hooligans routine and a handful of others. I just can't stand Atheist Edgelords (TM).

Utter Shit

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 31, 2020, 02:31:38 PM
Really enjoying the Steve Hofstetter heckler videos

There's something weird about that whole thing IMO, I mean...why are there SO many videos? There doesn't seem to be any vibe of "we're here to heckle the heckler-response guy" off them that would explain why he gets so many hecklers...he insists they aren't set up, but I don't buy it. Especially considering the way he clearly markets himself on that basis, his Youtube page is along the same lines as popular vloggers.

Just did a bit of digging and found this Reddit page where he explains why he gets so many hecklers - he gigs constantly, records all his shows and always engages with the heckler. So he doesn't encourage it in the first place but he does give the heckle the chance to grow into something he can put on his page. Which is fair enough I guess.

Sonny_Jim

Some comedian warming up the crowd, asks the crowd 'What do you think I did before this?'  After someone shouts out the obvious answer ('Comedian'), he takes his jumper off to reveal a T-shirt with the words 'Some cunt always says comedian'.  Can't for the life of me remember who it was though.

sevendaughters

I think Hicks' best days were ahead of him and he was showing signs of maturity and acceptance near the end. His clean television act is better than his club one. At its worst, yeah, angry boomer dad.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: sevendaughters on January 05, 2021, 11:09:47 AM
I think Hicks' best days were ahead of him and he was showing signs of maturity and acceptance near the end. His clean television act is better than his club one. At its worst, yeah, angry boomer dad.
It would have been interesting to see what Hicks did. He was a standup from an insanely early age, and it was clear later that he wanted to do more than just tell jokes (with both the music and the apocalyptic ranting). I'm not entirely sure where his talents would have taken him (I can't see him either acting or singing) but maybe writing or spoken word or some sort of Vermin Supreme fringe political figure?

sevendaughters

Quote from: Menu on December 31, 2020, 03:05:06 AM

Ugh that's horrible from Hicks. I never liked him or his sort of faux-anger. Very Alex Jones.

People often forget (maybe you haven't) that Hicks, Jones, and Joe Rogan were often marketed together under the Sacred Cow Productions umbrella. I realise it was Kevin Booth's thing, but they've put out releases by all three, and Doug Stanhope. They all appeal to a certain kind of person with "free thinker" in their Twitter bio.

JaDanketies

I think when you're a teenager, discovering your identity, and you realise that politicians are bullshitters, war is bad, drugs aren't as bad as you've been led to believe, religion doesn't make sense.... and you see Hicks saying the same thing but with passion and the occasional joke, chain smoking with his nerd-chic, it really speaks to you. I thought it would be timeless - for instance when the Gulf War pt 2 kicked off, his bits about the first gulf war seemed very prescient - but yes, he doesn't really get much further than teenage philosophy. Like he barely even talks about work and his commentary on class, sexuality, etc leaves a lot to be desired.  I don't think he ever did a 'proper job' so it might be hard for him to relate to normal adults, like he stopped progressing as a teenager.

And his response to the heckler is awful. He comes across as an angry sexist narcissist with the barest of insight. Often.

So I can understand liking Bill Hicks as a teen but if an adult liked him as much as I did when I was 16 I'd be a little concerned. But the guy was literally only as old as me, 32, when he died (of cancer). Still a young man. He could've changed a lot.

QuoteWhere have I been? I've been on my flying saucer tour. Which means like flying saucers I too have been appearing in small southern towns in front of a handful of hillbillies lately...no one doubts my existence.
You know I've noticed a certain anti-intellectualism going around this country ever since around 1980, coincidentally enough. I was in Nashville, Tennessee last weekend and after the show I went to a waffle house and I'm sitting there and I'm eating and reading a book. I don't know anybody, I'm alone, I'm eating and I'm reading a book. This waitress comes over to me (mocks chewing gum) 'what you readin' for?'...wow, I've never been asked that; not 'What am I reading', 'What am I reading for?' Well, goddamnit, you stumped me...I guess I read for a lot of reasons — the main one is so I don't end up being a ****in' waffle waitress. Yeah, that would be pretty high on the list. Then this trucker in the booth next to me gets up, stands over me and says [mocks Southern drawl] 'Well, looks like we got ourselves a readah'...aahh, what the ****'s goin' on? It's like I walked into a Klan rally in a Boy George costume or something. Am I stepping out of some intellectual closet here? I read, there I said it. I feel better.

QuoteYou know how in many parts of our troubled world they are yelling 'revolution! revolution!' In Tennessee they are yelling 'evolution...we want our thumbs!' The thing is they see people with thumbs on T.V. all day, boy that's got to drive them hog-wild huh? [mimics monkey] Trailers are shaking. They're nice people they're just, what would you call 'em - rural? Backwoods, country? They're real nice, after a show one of these guys came up to me and said 'hey, you're great, you cracked me up, I was about to spit!' ...Sorry? He said 'no I loved it, I'd like you to meet my wife and sister.' And there was one girl standing there...not a thumb between 'em. Goddamnit now what are the odds of that? Okay the girl had a little nub growin' in, but girls evolve quicker than guys.

Quote[singing] "You gotta have faith, da dun da da..."
[mimics gunshots, car driving off]
No, George, you gotta have talent, dude.
[mimics gunshots]
New rule!
And you can shave that two-day growth of beard off, buddy. 'Cause you're foolin' no one, you big girl.
[mimics gunshot]

For the record, and let's not mince words because our very lives depend ONLY on truth... George Michaels IS... A... BIG... GIRL.
IF you ladies like him, you're dykes.
End of fucking story. This is not a matter of opinion. This is not a matter of taste or perception. I can prove this on a home computer. These aren't idle thoughts.
Guy's such a big girl. And you see this? He's hawkin' Diet Cokes now. Oooooh! Diet Cokes!
Even Madonna fuckin' hawked REAL Coke. You little puss.
"Diet Coke! I'm George Michaels! I drink Diet Cokes so my hiney doesn't get too big! We don't like big hineys, do we, girls? Hee hee hee! Diet Coke!"
Why don't you just put the fuckin' skirt on and get it over with? That's what I say.

These are our, like, our music representatives. These are our rock stars! What kind of fuckin' Reagan wet dream is this world, man? Rock stars hawkin' Diet Cokes!
What real rock star would do somethin' like that, you know?
It's Keith Moon for Snickers!
"Sometimes I'm doing a drum solo and I haven't eaten for, like, 3 fuckin' weeks. I eat a Snickeeeeeeeers!"
That's a rock star. It's John Bonham for Certs!
"Threw up blood in me sleep last night. I got a date with two 13-year-old twins! Ahh, Certs [unintelligible]...."
THAT's a rock star.
DIET COOOOKE!

Boy, I tell you, if money had a dick, George Michaels would be a flamin' faggot.
[slightly muffled, as if talking while sucking dick] "Oh, Diet Coke? Ohhhh. Oh, yeah. Oh boy, yeah. MMMMMMMM MMM, I love that Diet Coke, UHHH UH, mm hmm, oh yeah. Uh huh. Oh, GOD DAMMIT. God DAMN that Diet Coke! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Drink it every day! UH-- UNNNHHHHHHHHHH!"

I reckon if he was still alive today he would either be a 9/11 Sandy Hook Truther or he would've done a Kramer and been videoed saying something bigoted to an audience member for shock value.

If you don't remember, Kramer dealt with a heckler the absolute worst way.