Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:40:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

COVID and the House of Commons

Started by Fambo Number Mive, December 30, 2020, 10:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Why shouldn't MPs have to wear masks at all times in the House of Commons, given that it's a place where lots of people are speaking at high volumes and where people have travelled in from all parts of the UK?

Why are there no screens to protect MPs from aerosol particles? Are there any windows open at all?

Really it makes no sense to have people in the Commons chamber at all, all this could be done via video conferencing software. I wonder how many MPs have asymptomatic covid and are super spreading it about due to the lack of COVID precautions in the House of Commons.

SpiderChrist

Didn't Rees-Mogg decree that a video parliament was witchcraft or communism or some such?

Pinball

They are probably all vaccinated by now, so I'm sure they'll be fine.

Fambo Number Mive

We don't know if vaccinated people can spread it to others though. I feel sorry for these staff and the Commons staff.

Pinball

Yes, obviously the non-VIPs (non-politicians) will get nothing. Apart from platitudes of course, as it is politicians we're talking about. The manufacturers of bullshit.