Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:10:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Years Eve Party People!

Started by DrGreggles, December 30, 2020, 06:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

I've been invited to a Zoom Escape Room* tomorrow, which I think might be more depressing than sitting in my pants, getting drunk and watching telly alone (which is currently pencilled in).

What are your exciting NYE plans?

*I don't fancy my chances, considering that I've failed to escape from my own house for most of the year...

Ferris

Pissed up in the basement playing video games. Dry January beckons!

BED SOON.

Butchers Blind

Drunk, passed out by 10, on my own. Crying.

seepage

Found a bottle of 2009 Cristal under the stairs. Gonna pair with Quorn Bolognese and Celeb Snoop Dogs Xmas special - bed by about 8.

pancreas

Gecko and I have bubbled a stray gay and we're having it over for Ottolenghi celeriac steaks.

DrGreggles

Quote from: pancreas on December 30, 2020, 08:21:34 PM
Gecko and I have bubbled a stray gay and we're having it over for Ottolenghi celeriac steaks.

An escape room of sorts, then.

PowerButchi

imitationleather

Getting a curry in and posting on here.

Glebe

Jool's Hootenanny is actually happening this year, despite all, so I'm sure I'll give that a wee watch and imbibe a load of booze.

buttgammon

We're going back into a full lockdown tomorrow, so I'm going to celebrate with a bottle of Veuve Clicquot, some Romeo y Julietas and the remastered Tony Hawk's games.

bomb_dog

Cuellar

Ferris

Quote from: buttgammon on December 30, 2020, 09:04:38 PM
We're going back into a full lockdown tomorrow, so I'm going to celebrate with a bottle of Veuve Clicquot, some Romeo y Julietas and the remastered Tony Hawk's games.

The THPS 1&2 remake is actually pretty good, solid NYE plan.

pancreas

Quote from: Cuellar on December 30, 2020, 09:35:53 PM
Just start crying and never stop

You could fill up your Instant Pot with tears.

Lungpuddle

I was planning on attending Jools' Hootenanny but can't find tickets anywhere.

So the usual.[nb]
Spoiler alert
Oh you know
[close]
[/nb]

chveik

a laqer, a wank and 1to worth of films on my hard drive

Cuellar

Quote from: pancreas on December 30, 2020, 09:42:35 PM
You could fill up your Instant Pot with tears.

No. This would only be playing into their hands and I won't.

earl_sleek

Patti Smith is streaming a short performance from Picadilly Circus, so that's probably the main event for me. Otherwise, beers, takeaway and Netflix.

steve98

There's no Edinburgh party tomorrow, so they've made this vid featuring about a hundred drones, dancing in the highland sky. It's fantastic, I'm gettin' quite emotional watching it (especially the beating heart at the end). No idea this sort of thing was even possible.

There's a Part 2 and the 3rd part will be shown live tomorrow night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV4jNWZlmEU

Bazooka

Eating a M&S Christmas cake in bed.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Cuellar on December 30, 2020, 09:53:26 PM
No. This would only be playing into their hands and I won't.
piss in it then

jobotic

Based on tonight, probably a row.

Like an argument, not canoeing.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Glebe on December 30, 2020, 08:57:02 PM
Jool's Hootenanny is actually happening this year, despite all, so I'm sure I'll give that a wee watch and imbibe a load of booze.

This is pretty much my plan. He'll never top the year he had Wanda Jackson though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDGMd56fKn8&ab_channel=philsoulfly

Fucking pissed myself.

imitationleather

Quote from: bomb_dog on December 30, 2020, 09:21:56 PM
The graun spoiling the magic. Happening? (Probably) already happened

Years back a guy whose party I was at nearly threw me out because I said the Hootenanny was prerecorded. At first I thought he was joking because he worked for the NME and so surely should be privy to this sort of information, but apparently not.

buttgammon

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on December 30, 2020, 09:39:19 PM
The THPS 1&2 remake is actually pretty good, solid NYE plan.

I'm really enjoying it, even the really hard competition levels with an arcane scoring system.

Icehaven

Quote from: steve98 on December 30, 2020, 10:13:14 PM
There's no Edinburgh party tomorrow, so they've made this vid featuring about a hundred drones, dancing in the highland sky. It's fantastic, I'm gettin' quite emotional watching it (especially the beating heart at the end). No idea this sort of thing was even possible.

There's a Part 2 and the 3rd part will be shown live tomorrow night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV4jNWZlmEU

Is that real? It's exceptional.

Ferris

Quote from: buttgammon on December 30, 2020, 10:47:13 PM
I'm really enjoying it, even the really hard competition levels with an arcane scoring system.

Grind + manual + grind + manual + kickflip + manual + griiiiiiiind + kickflip into manual

Etc etc. I quite like that it has the same stupid scoring system tbh

steve98

Quote from: icehaven on December 30, 2020, 11:27:16 PM
Is that real? It's exceptional.

Yeah it's real.
Imagine if you were camping up near Ft William (where they filmed it), and you knew nothing about this, and suddenly a huge stag starts running across the sky - mind blown.