Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,456
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:27:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Years Eve Party People!

Started by DrGreggles, December 30, 2020, 06:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Blinder Data on December 31, 2020, 12:51:01 AM
hopefully either in hospital with a baby imminent or safe at home with baby freshly delivered.

latent labour is terrifying, seemingly endless. only so many times you can say "of course you can do it, love".

mmm, fresh baby

steve98

Quote from: non capisco on December 31, 2020, 06:55:49 PM
Gnatkin Cole, a furry who's into gnats.

No, he's not furry or "into gnats" (but he is into The Scottish Nationalists: The Nats. So that's something to work with)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Nat King Coal - A Nat King Coal impersonator who is also a Victorian industrialist

edit - woops didn't see big picture of coal above, honest

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Drat, Mink Hole - A 2020 only satire on the Danish rodent fashion apocalypse

Fambo Number Mive

Scat King Cole - combine the songs of Nat King Cole with sex involving poo.

DrGreggles

Cat Kink Noel

Edmonds, you dirty feline-obsessed bollocks...

steve98

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 31, 2020, 07:22:42 PM
Drat, Mink Hole - A 2020 only satire on the Danish rodent fashion apocalypse

Not really, no. People will expect angry songs about Danish rodents, and there aren't any (unless you know better?)

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 31, 2020, 07:24:00 PM
Scat King Cole - combine the songs of Nat King Cole with sex involving poo.

Not really mate. This guy's over 50 and will mainly be performing in care homes and old person's homes. It's a middle-of-the road type of act, easy listening. Thanks though.

On a separate (but still New Year's Eve party) note. This woman ("Comedian", Susan Calman), is presenting tonight's LIVE BBC Hogmanay extravaganza (Though only for viewers in Scotland); and she happens to live across the road from me. So, if someone wants to surprise her by robbing her she'll be out the house from 11pm onwards. Fifty-fifty. PM me if interested.

Ferris

Quote from: Blinder Data on December 31, 2020, 12:51:01 AM
hopefully either in hospital with a baby imminent or safe at home with baby freshly delivered.

latent labour is terrifying, seemingly endless. only so many times you can say "of course you can do it, love".

Not to scare you but if you think latent labour is scary, just you wait old son.

It's a day, you'll get through it and be fine but it is quite an experience.

Ferris

Nutkin Coal

A squirrel made of anthrocite.

Glebe

I imagine I'll be on here a bit tipsy by the way, so if anyone fancies a bit of a non-Zoom CaB get together...

Ferris

Quote from: Glebe on December 31, 2020, 07:36:51 PM
I imagine I'll be on here a bit tipsy by the way, so if anyone fancies a bit of a non-Zoom CaB get together...

I'll be around (in between scoffing pizza and listlessly playing MLB The Show 2020). Bed at 10pm as I'm up with the nipper tomorrow so that's a 6am start for me!

Gonna be fuckin mega.

Rizla

Quote from: GMTV on December 31, 2020, 01:32:10 PM
For viewers in Scotland it's one last gruelling endurance through the final Only An Excuse?
Oh yeah it's the last time they're doing it. Good. Up there with the Burry Man in the bizarrely uncomfortable local traditions stakes.

Glebe

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on December 31, 2020, 07:39:13 PMI'll be around (in between scoffing pizza and listlessly playing MLB The Show 2020). Bed at 10pm as I'm up with the nipper tomorrow so that's a 6am start for me!

Gonna be fuckin mega.

You're only pretending to be minding that small child Ferris. Really you're gonna stick him in one of those baby bouncer things and go off and get fucking pissed. It's a disgrace!

Ferris

Quote from: Glebe on December 31, 2020, 07:43:53 PM
You're only pretending to be minding that small child Ferris. Really you're gonna stick him in one of those baby bouncer things and go off and get fucking pissed. It's a disgrace!

Haven't caught me yet though have they? Exactly - mines a pint!

Glebe

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on December 31, 2020, 07:47:40 PMHaven't caught me yet though have they? Exactly - mines a pint of neat vodka!

Ted-Maul

Quadruple IPA and the Hacienda 24 hour-long live stream for me. Had a bit of a dance round the living room earlier which was quite liberating, plus i had tears in my eyes at a couple of the song changes (it's been that kind of year hasn't it?) but now the person I live with has came back for a couple of hours and spoilt it.

Just sat drinking now, can't wait to dance again.

steve98

Here's the 3rd part of the synchronized drones show from Edinburgh. It's fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKUAZxqUorI

Ted-Maul

Yep, I would have shit myself if I saw that giant bird flapping overhead. Beautiful though.

Icehaven

Quote from: steve98 on December 31, 2020, 08:20:55 PM
Here's the 3rd part of the synchronized drones show from Edinburgh. It's fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKUAZxqUorI

Wow. I didn't know drones could be programmed to do that, the 3d element is amazing.

thenoise

If the baby ever goes to sleep, I've a shit nappy to clean and toys to tidy, washing up to do and sort the food for tomorrow. Wife is on night shift so if I happen to still be awake midnight I'll write a witty remark on Facebook. If I have the energy left I might do a NYE wank,see if I can time lobbing my mucky string on the stroke of midnight. More likely I'll just fall asleep.

Congrats,Blinder, you're gonna love parenthood.

Blue Jam

Just watched Galaxy Quest. Had been meaning to get round to watching it for ages. Only took me 21 years. Cracking NYE film.

Sebastian Cobb

I've done similar and stuck on Ishtar, which I've been meaning to watch for ages.

The jerk chicken I was supposed to be serving at Christmas is in the oven too.

Bazooka

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 31, 2020, 09:32:16 PM

The jerk chicken I was supposed to be serving at Christmas is in the oven too.

7 day slow roast eh, that's a juicy jerk! Your guests must be starving.

El Unicornio, mang

Working on a corporate video for a feminine hygiene product and watching a movie. I actually keep forgetting it's NYE aside from the occasional early fireworks reminding me. The first NYE of the past 10 or so years that I haven't felt like I'm missing out on good fun that everyone else is having, so that's quite nice.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

....and here it is! Get to fuck 2020, and let's hope for better fucking times in 2021!
( Surprised more people aren't posting in now, actually- is everybody pissed?)

Cuellar

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on December 31, 2020, 09:43:42 PM
The first NYE of the past 10 or so years that I haven't felt like I'm missing out on good fun that everyone else is having, so that's quite nice.

Yes, it's quite good isn't it. "should we have had/gone to a party? oh god this is going to be boring and shit" - now it HAS to be boring and shit for everyone and that's brilliant. Knitting, booze, Murder On The Orient Express.

Ferris

idunnosomename

it's so icey outside here even slightly tipsy people venturing out would be a fucking deathtrap. i myself came a fucking cropper this afternoon while taking the bottles out