Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:56:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New button broken?

Started by Endicott, December 30, 2020, 07:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endicott

I can't be the only one to notice, has this come up already?

Mostly it seems fine, but every now and then it skips posts I haven't read. It used to be spot on.

Example - I've been off the forum a bit and just clicked 'new' on the Wealth Disorder thread. I'd previously only read up to about post #10. 'New' took me to the top of page 4.

Captain Z

Just use the old button.

No, but seriously, you're not the only one: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,84091

Endicott

Ah, thanks. I thought the forum was gaslighting me.

buttgammon

On a related note, is anyone else finding that clicking the new posts button on one thread marks the one below it as read too?

Dex Sawash

Just start with the lowest new. If you don't fancy that thread much, give the screen a nice flick upward and hit the "previous" button at the bottom. Repeat until you see the custom titties thread.

Jittlebags

Haven't you lot heard of zips?

Johnny Yesno

Happy New button, everyone! 🎉🎉🎉

Old Thrashbarg

It's really annoying. All the more so because it isn't consistent.

Can't think of decent way around it. The best option for longer threads when it skips multiple pages seems to be to find where you read up to, click Mark Unread, go back to the page you were on and read it. Then the new button, if it works correctly, will take you to the next unread page as normal.

DrGreggles

Only seems to happen on Chrome for me. Other browsers* seem OK.

*the one I've tried

Barry Admin

Strongly suspect this is a problem with Chrome-bassed browsers to be honest. The site is up-to-date regards patches, and I've noticed the same thing happening in Torn, which I play using the Chrome-bassed browser "Yandex."

Clearing your cookies may help. Or it may not, lol.

phantom_power

I have the problem with Opera as well

Zetetic

Opera is also Chromium-based these days.

It's possible there's both:
1. Something that I fucked up when I was trying to be helpful when Barry moved the site a few years back
2. A bug in Chromium to do with using anchors/fragments in links properly in some circumstances

Number 1 involves a change I made to try to rpaidly un-fuck something else with new links (not that I can even remember what that original problem was) - that change is definitely responsible for the edit-glitch, I'm afraid. Happy to revert it, if I can remember where it was... (I think I did sign it 'Zetetic' in the relevant PHP file.)

buttgammon

It seems to be okay in Safari.

olliebean

I've had it happen in Firefox, although not for a little while.

JesusAndYourBush

It's always worked correctly for me. (Using Chrome.)