Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,464
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:29:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Very interesting reaction to my house piece [split topic]

Started by Zetetic, December 30, 2020, 10:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinAhFuckScary

God that 'drinking more bc i have a babby and this is good' article is insane?? If only for the fact that his 'drinking more' is the occasional fucking drink with dinner.

Getting severe liver anxiety

Buelligan

Icehaven

Quote from: seepage on December 31, 2020, 11:25:34 AM
Just looked at how many bottles were consumed indoors since 2005 = 9,533 = £76,000 [and that's just the ones I was conscious enough to write down]. Well, that's sobered me right up - Happy New Year!!!

That works out at about £8 a bottle though. You want to get on the Asda Chardonnay, £3.75 a bottle or a box for £11, save yourself a fortune.

Buelligan

IIRC, seepage is a rather discerning, if enthusiastic, drinker.  That might put him off the whole thing.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: icehaven on December 31, 2020, 01:54:59 PM
That works out at about £8 a bottle though. You want to get on the Asda Chardonnay, £3.75 a bottle or a box for £11, save yourself a fortune.

This post gave me acid reflux

Icehaven

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on December 31, 2020, 01:52:04 PM
God that 'drinking more bc i have a babby and this is good' article is insane?? If only for the fact that his 'drinking more' is the occasional fucking drink with dinner.

Getting severe liver anxiety

Yes it's more like "drinking (much less but on) more (days of the week)", which isn't quite as clickbaity.

idunnosomename

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 31, 2020, 02:07:31 PM
i love a box of wine but i couldnt drink a whole one

I can never find where to put the straw in.

seepage

Quote from: icehaven on December 31, 2020, 01:54:59 PM
Actually, RRP nearer £13/btl 'cos avg. 40% discount. Does include special occasions.
£3.75/btl means cost price of juice inside = 30p.

king_tubby

Kankurette

Quote from: Jockice on December 31, 2020, 12:07:55 PM
I once visited a good mate of mine who claimed to have given up. He decided he really needed to go to the shop to buy snacks, disappeared for half an hour (the nearest shop was about five minutes walk away), returning with a bottle of Tizer and a bag of Kettle Chips. He then proceeded to fall asleep in his chair, leaving me just sitting there in his flat with absolutely nothing to do.

I wonder if he thought I wouldn't notice because every time I saw him something strange like this would happen. You know, I still think he's a great bloke but it was hard to deal with at times. Must be awful if it's a close family member.
Yep, Mum did that as well. Insisted she needed to go the shop to buy a couple of things. I helped her unpack and found a bottle of whisky. All hell broke loose.

She is off the sauce now tbf. I think the realisation she needed to stop was when my brother came over for a visit and went straight home again in disgust when my stepdad came to pick him up and said Mum couldn't come as she'd been drinking again.

Apologies for TMI.

Icehaven

Quote from: Kankurette on December 31, 2020, 02:36:45 PM
Yep, Mum did that as well. Insisted she needed to go the shop to buy a couple of things. I helped her unpack and found a bottle of whisky. All hell broke loose.

She is off the sauce now tbf. I think the realisation she needed to stop was when my brother came over for a visit and went straight home again in disgust when my stepdad came to pick him up and said Mum couldn't come as she'd been drinking again.

Apologies for TMI.

As someone who's historically not always been entirely honest about what/when I've been drinking myself, I quickly realised it's blindingly obvious when you've had a drink, particularly to people that know you, so while you might get away with claiming you've drunk less than you really have it's ridiculous to try and claim you haven't been drinking at all. I wouldn't say my fibs were borne out of a serious problem, more the fact that my boyfriend at the time would frequently throw a hissy fit if I had more than half a bottle on a weeknight (and it was literally usually only on one weeknight, I generally only drank at weekends then), so I just got in the habit of having a bit more than I appeared to have done and he didn't seem to notice. Now I see that written down it sounds really bad doesn't it? But I wasn't sinking 3 bottles on the sly or anything, it was just the equivalent of an extra small glass or 2. It's the fact I had to hide it that wasn't great I know, but it saved a row.

GoblinAhFuckScary

I accidentally posted this in another thread but it's meant to go here

JaDanketies

I'm not sure if I mentioned it but I have blood and pee tests every year and had one in December. It showed that I have an elevated level of some marker that means you have liver damage, and it was elevated a year ago too. I got a text telling me to make an appointment with my GP but I haven't done so yet. I wanted a few weeks of sobriety and exercise first.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 31, 2020, 03:17:05 PM
I'm not sure if I mentioned it but I have blood and pee tests every year and had one in December. It showed that I have an elevated level of some marker that means you have liver damage, and it was elevated a year ago too. I got a text telling me to make an appointment with my GP but I haven't done so yet. I wanted a few weeks of sobriety and exercise first.

I have my blood taken every 3 months and they specifically check my liver as part of that. At the end of each letter it reads:

Liver function: Normal

Each time my eyes scan to the bottom of the letter they're hoping very much to see that same text.

steve98

Ah fuckin' luv mah new wean, but Ah love mah Calys too - wan ae thum's gottae go.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: steve98 on December 31, 2020, 05:49:17 PM
Ah fuckin' luv mah new wean, but Ah love mah Calys too - wan ae thum's gottae go.

Is that just an artificial hand holding the glass or is the entire figure one of those sinister sex doll things (that I believe you can have discreetly delivered to your door nowadays)?

Pink Gregory

Very interesting reaction to my taking my tumescent penis out in public and beating it against postboxes.  The replies are very telling.

Jasha

'ere mate whys you got a man 'ole in da middle ov yer kitchen

seepage

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Jasha on December 31, 2020, 06:19:49 PM
'ere mate whys you got a man 'ole in da middle ov yer kitchen

Goblin forces are amassing beneath to reclaim what is ours

katzenjammer

Apart from anything else you've got to be a complete fucking gonad to spunk your savings on a designer kitchen from Italy instead of getting exactly the same thing from IKEA for 1/3 of the price

kngen

Had to mute Hann on Facebook, as he is a fully-fledged 'Corbyn is an antisemite' myth peddler, and seems to genuinely believe it.

jobotic

Fambo Number Mive

I can understand that the state of affairs must have been frustrating, especially for his children. However, I do wonder how much the house really needed doing to it and how much was just aspirational wank. I don't know where he lives (I think Camden) but maybe he could have considered moving to a cheaper area of London to get a nicer/bigger house rather than having the whole house re-done.

Also, a proper progressive newspaper would have pieces about how homeless people and people placed in bedsits by the council have tried to cope during the pandemic, not privileged former music editors who had some inconvenience for months. As a former music editor, he could even interview music venues and bands about how they were dealing with the coronavirus rather than writing this wank.

It feels like another piece that will alienate anyone who is working class or lower middle class, just like the very expensive clothes on their lifestyle pages. The Guardian is 5% important journalism, 95% Lib Dem leaflet.

kngen

Quote from: jobotic on December 31, 2020, 06:46:06 PM
Well that comes as quite a surprise.

Yeah, not exactly blowing minds with that one. But, IME, he seemed slightly less enmeshed in the N1 cult than most of the senior staff there, so it was still fairly depressing.

kngen

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 31, 2020, 06:48:43 PM
Also, a proper progressive newspaper would have pieces about how homeless people and people placed in bedsits by the council have tried to cope during the pandemic, not privileged former music editors who had some inconvenience for months. As a former music editor, he could even interview music venues and bands about how they were dealing with the coronavirus rather than writing this wank.

Yes, but that would involve their rotating cast of well-kent faces writing about something other than themselves - not Guardian policy, I'm afraid.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: kngen on December 31, 2020, 06:38:31 PM
Had to mute Hann on Facebook, as he is a fully-fledged 'Corbyn is an antisemite' myth peddler, and seems to genuinely believe it.

An opinion that seems to come free with every kitchen island