Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,350
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:44:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The KLF Are Back (Maybe)

Started by matjam13, January 01, 2021, 01:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzby

Quote from: phantom_power on April 27, 2021, 09:51:31 AM
Yeah all the stuff licenced in other territories were out of their control but they still gave up a shit load in royalties and licencing to compilations, adverts etc. I doubt the US album has been a huge seller over the years
The hit singles at least were never stopped from being licenced for compilations, even in the UK. Check out their 'Compilations' entry on Discogs

phantom_power

Oh right. That book lied to me then. Not surprising I suppose, given the subject matter

mrClaypole

I've been a huge fan of Bill and Jimmy's work since the Timelords.
I've got pretty much everything they have released but have never heard 1987 the edits.
Does anyone know anything about it?
Does the drum machine keep rolling where the offending sample is or does the song go silent until a sample free bit comes up?

I have had the pleasure of having Bill make me a pot of tea at an art event in Birmingham and spent time talking to him but not once mentioned the KLF as I thought I might get abit of Scottish lip. Sadly a wasted opportunity as I would also love to know what King Tubby song they used for the trumpet line in the White room version of No more tears.

buzby

Quote from: mrClaypole on April 27, 2021, 08:58:33 PM
I've been a huge fan of Bill and Jimmy's work since the Timelords.
I've got pretty much everything they have released but have never heard 1987 the edits.
Does anyone know anything about it?
Does the drum machine keep rolling where the offending sample is or does the song go silent until a sample free bit comes up?
I've got a copy from 1992 when they dumped all their remaining stock out to the distributor when they shut the label down. Our HMV had about 10 copies, same for Pure Trance 1 & 2 and the remixes, and Probe had loads of copies of Shag Times.

It basically just drops to silence for the most part when the offending samples were cut out. There's a segment filmed for German TV of Jimmy demonstrating how to use it where you can hear a bit of what it's like. The rear sleeve lists all the records you need to recreate it and where they are used, written in a similar style to The Manual.