Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,491
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:11:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrity Death List 2021

Started by oy vey, January 01, 2021, 02:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jittlebags

Cloris sounds like a brand of bleach.

Petey Pate

As well as her roles in Mel Brooks films, she was also great as the horrible grandmother in Malcolm in the Middle.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

She was good in that film with Jack Black.

Does anyone else remember " Phyllis" ?
That's all the female Mary Tyler Moore Show cast gone now; and once Terri Garr carks it, That's all the "Young Frankenstein"  cast gone ( Kenneth Mars still alive? Will google).

ETA: Bloody Hell, he went nearly 10 years ago.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

...and Mel Brooks is definitely going to cark it this year.

Attila

Re: 'Phyllis' -- yep; I remember my parents watched it.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Petey Pate on January 28, 2021, 09:36:17 PM
As well as her roles in Mel Brooks films, she was also great as the horrible grandmother in Malcolm in the Middle.

Stunning performance in The Last Picture Show

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Attila on January 29, 2021, 06:46:25 AM
Re: 'Phyllis' -- yep; I remember my parents watched it.

That show and " Maude" were the child Lisa's entry into genuinely  funny comedy for grown ups. Deffo had the edge over " Love Thy Neighbour" and " Bless This House".

jamiefairlie

Weird shows those, they had all the hallmarks of comedy without any of the laughs. Baffled my youthful mind, I just didn't know what they were.

NurseNugent

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on January 28, 2021, 10:13:09 PM
She was good in that film with Jack Black.

Does anyone else remember " Phyllis" ?
That's all the female Mary Tyler Moore Show cast gone now; and once Terri Garr carks it, That's all the "Young Frankenstein"  cast gone ( Kenneth Mars still alive? Will google).

ETA: Bloody Hell, he went nearly 10 years ago.

Gene Hackman isn't dead yet.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Butchers Blind on January 23, 2021, 02:09:20 PM
Married 8 times!  Make your mind up... not now of course, he's dead.

Possibly a snooker fan as his sons from his final marriage are called Chance and Cannon.

He left a previous marriage when the wife was pregnant. He didn't meet the child until 30 years later after the mother had died. That son was called Larry - very weird.

He had a fear of death - I think he mentioned it when he was on Norm Macdonald's show - and had arranged to have his body cryogenically frozen. One obit I saw said his family eventually got him to change his mind, a conversation I wouldn't have minded overhearing.

I vaguely remember some story about a tabloid rat journalist finding soiled adult diapers in his trashcan, but I'm not going to google that.

He despised Piers Morgan for taking over his show.

Twonty Gostelow

Charlotte Cornwell of Rock Follies fame died recently, a month after her brother John le Carré.

She sued Nina Myskow for writing that she had a fat arse and a stage presence that could block lavatories. She won £11,000 but wasn't awarded costs and ended up worse off.

Twonty Gostelow

Hilton Valentine, second of The Animals to go.

imitationleather

PC Music artist SOPHIE has died at the age of 34. :(

Captain Tom currently in hospital with Covid...

zomgmouse

kalowski

Danny Ray, James Brown's MC and cape man dead at 85.
QuoteThe first time I ever did a live show, it scared me to death. It was up in Maryland. The guy who usually came out to do the show, he didn't show up. So he [James Brown] asked me, 'Have you ever been on stage?' I said, 'Naw, man.' He said, 'Well, uh, tonight's your night,' I said, 'What do you mean tonight's my night?'

Quote from: kalowski on February 04, 2021, 01:25:32 PM
Danny Ray, James Brown's MC and cape man dead at 85.

I once read/heard someone famous say they were lovers and believed it for years, but googling it now brings up nothing. Brought me down the rabbit hole of "James Brown was murdered" theories though. Anyway RIP.

kalowski

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on February 04, 2021, 05:52:23 PM
I once read/heard someone famous say they were lovers and believed it for years, but googling it now brings up nothing. Brought me down the rabbit hole of "James Brown was murdered" theories though. Anyway RIP.
Not heard that one but once spent a good hour down the "JB was murdered" rabbit hole.

Gulftastic

oy vey

Yep, plugged his last drain, fitted his last washing machine, etc.

Butchers Blind

91, no age is it. Gone too soon.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Plummer's pushing up the Edelweiss... We're still not going out and clapping him tomorrow at 6pm though.

Cerys

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

He was 91, going on 92. ( except he didnae go on to be 92, orbviously)

oy vey

I wonder did he ever go rambling with Christopher Walken, maybe fix his leaking pipe afterwards, then have Christopher Guest over for dinner...

Jittlebags

Wah. Dai Davies, Wales, Swansea and Everton keeper. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wales-swansea-city-everton-great-19808307

Sat behind him on an aeroplane carrying the Wales team back from Bologna back in the 90s. The Welsh team were in First Class, but Dai was with the supporters. Nice bloke.

imitationleather

Celebrity smut peddler Larry Flynt has died.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

78. I thought he was older than that for some reason. Godspeed you, sexwheels.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Five- knuckle shuffled off this mortal coil.

batwings