Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:09:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrity Death List 2021

Started by oy vey, January 01, 2021, 02:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Malcy

SteveDave

I only found out a few weeks ago that he wrote "Mrs Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter"

I was thinking this was Captain Peacock from Are You Being Served!

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no signs of life.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Fucking searched high and low for YouTube footage of him playing the keyboards for Uncle Peter's band ( in a jug) to put up on me Facebook page as a fitting tribute. Could I find any? No,no,no,no... :(

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Bit disappointed that nobody on 'ere has mentioned the passing of Nicola Pagett. She carked it last week, only just found about it. Gave a good performance as Anna Karenina for a BBC drama series, and also as the wifie who was  adulterously shagging Del Boy in top David Nobbs- scripted series " A Bit Of A Do". An elegant, classy actress. Fit as fuck, too.

dissolute ocelot

Chris Barber, British jazzman who also had a big influence on early British pop, died last week. He's maybe best known for excellently-titled early 60s jazzsploitation teen movie It's Trad, Dad, and Lonnie Donegan played in his band in the 50s, and also links to British New Wave cinema, notably Tony Richardson.

phantom_power

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on March 10, 2021, 08:19:55 AM
Bit disappointed that nobody on 'ere has mentioned the passing of Nicola Pagett. She carked it last week, only just found about it. Gave a good performance as Anna Karenina for a BBC drama series, and also as the wifie who was  adulterously shagging Del Boy in top David Nobbs- scripted series " A Bit Of A Do". An elegant, classy actress. Fit as fuck, too.

From her Wikipedia page:

"She was diagnosed with manic depression in 1997, after becoming obsessed with the then Prime Minister's chief Press Secretary, Alastair Campbell.[16][17] She relates in her book, Diamonds Behind My Eyes, that she later recovered.[18]"

kinell

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

" The Phantom Tollbooth" ( a book favoured by many a young CABber, I'll wager) author Norton Juster has gone to the land beyond at 91.

I loved the cartoon film of Phantom Tollbooth when I was six and read the book a couple of years later.  RIP Norton.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on March 10, 2021, 08:08:52 PM
" The Phantom Tollbooth" ( a book favoured by many a young CABber, I'll wager) author Norton Juster has gone to the land beyond at 91.
I am definitely in that number having drawn a lengthy comic based on the Phantom Tollbooth when I was about 12. It's nice that Juster apparently shared a flat with PT illustrator Jules Feiffer as a young man, you can imagine the high jinks. And also nice that there's no evidence of him being a shit in the way so many children's authors seem to be.

Cerys

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on March 10, 2021, 08:08:52 PM

Well, fuck.

jobotic

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on March 10, 2021, 10:19:42 PM
I am definitely in that number having drawn a lengthy comic based on the Phantom Tollbooth when I was about 12. It's nice that Juster apparently shared a flat with PT illustrator Jules Feiffer as a young man, you can imagine the high jinks. And also nice that there's no evidence of him being a shit in the way so many children's authors seem to be.

Which ones?

Never read The Phantom Tollbooth. Read about it last night though so now I want to.

Too many "celebrities" I've never heard of have been dying this year.

Malcy

Cliff Simon who played Ba'al in Stargate SG-1 has died in a Kiteboarding accident.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56371582

easytarget

LG Petrov from Sweden's best death metal band Entombed[nb]But what about? Let me just stop you right there, you're embarrassing all of us[/nb] was Abnormally Deceased on Monday. At forty fucking nine. Fuck's sake.

Butchers Blind

Murray Walker 97, voice of F1.  To be honest, thought he went years ago.

WhoMe

Fully expected to see a thread titled 'And he's Gone, Gone, Gone' here but no. Rubbish.

Gulftastic

And there goes Murray Walker.

Formula Gone.

Gulftastic

RIP Marvin Hagler. My favourite boxer of all time.

kalowski

Ah, he was about the only boxer I liked (obs apart from Ali).

I've just learnt we recently lost both Seigfried (cancer, this year) and Roy (COVID last year) and their big cat Manticore (unknown illness last year).
Manticore was the tiger that fucked Roy up on stage and bit through his neck

jobotic

Dex Sawash

Yaphet Kotto's snuffed it.  He was the black guy in Alien.  He was also in a rather decent melodrama about small-town racism called the Liberation of L.B. Jones.

Malcy

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on March 16, 2021, 11:11:05 AM
Yaphet Kotto's snuffed it.  He was the black guy in Alien.  He was also in a rather decent melodrama about small-town racism called the Liberation of L.B. Jones.

Was also in the running for the role of Picard in TNG.

Hank_Kingsley

Yaphet Kotto is great in Larry Cohen's BONE https://youtu.be/WwHM2FPya1c and generally an all-around badass. Also lent his name to a decent emo band which I don't think any other Bond villains can say.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

BONE (S).

( This is my 11, 014th Post)

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on March 16, 2021, 11:11:05 AM

In " Blue Collar", too. Good film, that.