Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:55:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrity Death List 2021

Started by oy vey, January 01, 2021, 02:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilbertharding

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 05, 2021, 03:30:34 PM
Brilliant selection of retro celebrities commenting on his death: Tanita Tikaram, Kavana, Judie Tzuke, Ricky Simmonds (on Grange Hill in 1928). Thank heavens for Boy George, always there to inject class into any clip show.

Satin tour jacket at half mast.

kalowski

Fucking hell. 59. I'm only ten years away. I can feel death's icy fingers.

George White

Fascinated by the lovely Fauxmerican artifice of them ads.

Almost look like Coppola's One from the Heart

"70s/80s British ad fauxmerica" a def aesthetic though some UK-shot films of that era have it (Little Shop of Horrors, the diner in Superman 2)

This ad vvith Eddie Kidd -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-Awfnp7JdE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYsMUBWpOTY

Blue Jam

Gulftastic

Charles Grodin is done in by the cancer.

Loved him in Midnight Run

Nowhere Man

Love him in some of my absolute favourite scenes from 'Louie'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJlj3auSlKA

Jittlebags

May his twanger rest in peace.

SteveDave

I never knew Rod and Jane were married and then divorced in 1979 and then Jane and Freddy shacked up together. It's like Fleetwood Mac with slightly less cocaine.

Never mind them.  It's Bungle and Zippy and that one who looked like a small, pink hippo who'll break my heart when they snuff it.

Rizla

RIP Freddy and your surprisingly "ital" guitar chops.   Feel de Riddim

beanheadmcginty

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Quote from: Rizla on May 28, 2021, 12:52:17 PM
RIP Freddy and your surprisingly "ital" guitar chops.   Feel de Riddim

Was hoping they'd reveal Jane to be laying down that fat, funky bass, so sad to see her doing some rancid MIDI keyboarding instead.

JaDanketies

"This disgusted me." Ahahahaha.

steveh

"This piece was published as part of an April Fool's post in 2015, entitled "Introducing The Paris Review for Young Readers." It is a fictional interview, and intended purely as a parody. It is not intended to communicate any true or factual information, and is for entertainment purposes only."

https://www.theparisreview.org/the-art-of-fiction-carle

JaDanketies

Quote from: steveh on May 28, 2021, 05:21:56 PM
"This piece was published as part of an April Fool's post in 2015, entitled "Introducing The Paris Review for Young Readers." It is a fictional interview, and intended purely as a parody. It is not intended to communicate any true or factual information, and is for entertainment purposes only."

https://www.theparisreview.org/the-art-of-fiction-carle
boooo. Would've been a great quote if it were true. I did figure that it makes sense that he got a tummy-ache, because on the next page he eats through a leaf that has five holes in it, and this page would necessitate something getting eaten by virtue of the presence of the holes, so it seems like eating a reasonable amount of healthy food makes narrative sense.

Rizla

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on May 28, 2021, 01:56:42 PM
Was hoping they'd reveal Jane to be laying down that fat, funky bass, so sad to see her doing some rancid MIDI keyboarding instead.
Rancid MIDI?? Bit harsh! She's got the bottom 'board on a decent enough 80's electric piano sound to bless the track with some quite tasteful, almost Steely Dan-esque shapes, whilst the Yamaha DX7 (pro industry standard for the time, that) on top is set to what I'd call an extremely tasteful analogue-filtery lead sound for the solos.

I reckon Bungle's handling bass duties, possibly on a steinberger headless with a weird knob.

Cerys

Dex Sawash

Witchiepoo off H.R. Pufnstuf Billie Hayes died a month ago.

dissolute ocelot

Gavin MacLeod, the captain of the good ship Love Boat, has been fed to the sharks. He also played a character called CS Divot in Blake Edwards' The Party, and I'd like to think he played a character called SS Major (surname Major, initials SS) on American TV but he was probably just a Nazi officer.

Attila

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 31, 2021, 03:38:29 PM
Gavin MacLeod, the captain of the good ship Love Boat, has been fed to the sharks. He also played a character called CS Divot in Blake Edwards' The Party, and I'd like to think he played a character called SS Major (surname Major, initials SS) on American TV but he was probably just a Nazi officer.

Also well-known in the US in his pre-Love Boat days as one of Mary's fellow newsmen in The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Attila on June 01, 2021, 08:29:14 AM
Also well-known in the US in his pre-Love Boat days as one of Mary's fellow newsmen in The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Thought I must be wrong about that since it wasn't mentioned.

A guy at work pronounces Murray and Mary the same (gives Murray an A instead of a U, shockingly. Giving Mary a U would be forgivable)

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Hope she's digging her grave ( hope she thinks It's wonderful ): RIP top character actress and mate of Tony Hancock Damaris Hayman.  No, I'm not going to stick up a song by Hefner by way of tribute, show some respect, will you?

Alberon

Edward De Deado - inventor of term Lateral Thinking dies at 88.

QuoteThe thinker and writer Edward de Bono, who has died aged 88, once suggested that the Arab-Israeli conflict might be solved with Marmite. During a 1999 lecture to Foreign Office officials, the originator of the term lateral thinking argued that the yeast extract, though proverbially socially divisive, could do what politicians and diplomats had failed for years to achieve. The problem, as he saw it, was that people in the Middle East eat unleavened bread and so lack zinc, which makes them irritable and belligerent. Feeding them Marmite, therefore, would help create peace.

Perhaps not all it was cracked up to be.