Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:29:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrity Death List 2021

Started by oy vey, January 01, 2021, 02:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

paruses

Quote from: Alberon on June 10, 2021, 07:02:27 PM
Edward De Deado - inventor of term Lateral Thinking dies at 88.

Perhaps not all it was cracked up to be.
You say that but did anyone try it?

Echo Valley 2-6809

He also recommended shaving your chin by holding the razor still and moving your head. Because it would save energy.

Bit of a trickster.

paruses

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on June 10, 2021, 08:04:46 PM
He also recommended shaving your chin by holding the razor still and moving your head. Because it would save energy.

Bit of a trickster.

I take it back

Dex Sawash

Linc from Mod Squad died the other day. They said he was on another thing too but I didn't watch it so I forgot.
I hid my broken collarbone from my parents because I thought it was dislocated, had just seen Linc get his re-located in the middle of crime fighting and it looked very painful.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Alberon on June 10, 2021, 07:02:27 PM
Edward De Deado - inventor of term Lateral Thinking dies at 88.

Found dead in the middle of a field with an unopened package next to him.

touchingcloth

Quote from: mothman on June 13, 2021, 11:56:22 PM
https://www.tmz.com/2021/06/13/ned-beatty-dead-dies-actor-network-superman-deliverance/

QuoteThe guy has appeared in a variety of different movies and an even bigger variety of roles over his five-decade-plus career

More roles than movies, you say?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 13, 2021, 11:59:23 PM
More roles than movies, you say?

Did a few tv shows, as well as films.

dissolute ocelot

The new issue of Sight and Sound has a tribute to Norman Lloyd who died last month aged 106. In the 1930s he worked as a stage actor for Elia Kazan and Joseph Losey, then with Orson Welles's Mercury Theatre. He also played a villain in Hitchcock's Saboteur before working mainly as a TV director, including on Alfred Hitchcock Presents. He later acted in St Elsewhere and as the headmaster in Dead Poets Society. And was apparently fit and healthy into his second century. 1914-2021!

Norman Lloyd had three different roles in "Murder, She Wrote". As it ran for 264 episodes, they had to reuse actors.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on June 14, 2021, 01:43:42 PM
The new issue of Sight and Sound has a tribute to Norman Lloyd who died last month aged 106. In the 1930s he worked as a stage actor for Elia Kazan and Joseph Losey, then with Orson Welles's Mercury Theatre. He also played a villain in Hitchcock's Saboteur before working mainly as a TV director, including on Alfred Hitchcock Presents. He later acted in St Elsewhere and as the headmaster in Dead Poets Society. And was apparently fit and healthy into his second century. 1914-2021!

There's a great Random Roles with him here: https://www.avclub.com/norman-lloyd-on-upstaging-orson-welles-and-playing-tenn-1798286982 where pleasingly he says that Richard Linklater's rather poor Me And Orson Welles was extremely inaccurate.

JaDanketies

What a life that John McAfee had. I believe there are conspiracy theories floating around about his death. I'm sure there'll be some good biopics made about that dude. The classic coder-to-warlord career pipeline.

Gunther from Friends is also likely to make this 2021 death list, as he's revealed he has stage four cancer.

So long Mr McAfee.  You may be gone but your spirit and software stand sentinel in defence of my computer from viruses.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

He gave you some of his spirt? Golly.

Pope Francis currently is hospital for an operation...

SpiderChrist

Quote from: thecuriousorange on July 04, 2021, 05:46:14 PM

He should probably operate on himself, being infallible and all.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: thecuriousorange on July 04, 2021, 05:46:14 PM

Thoughts and prayers.

JaDanketies

We lost Donald Rumsfeld the other day and nobody on here posted a respectful rip

chveik

Quote from: JaDanketies on July 04, 2021, 08:37:08 PM
We lost Donald Rumsfeld the other day and nobody on here posted a respectful rip

there were two threads about him

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

If they don't want Popes dieing all the time, why don't they pick younger ones? The next one should be about 23. He'll last for ages.

The curse of Superman claims another victim.

Leej88

He was not cursed he was 91,RIP Richard

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Don't talk jive, Lee. It's perfectly possible to be both 91 AND cursed.