Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:52:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrity Death List 2021

Started by oy vey, January 01, 2021, 02:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Substance

Quote from: oy vey on January 01, 2021, 02:05:51 AM
Predictions?

Obviously not Prince Philip but I'm thinking Clint Eastwood, Syd Little or multiple Rolling Stones members to really fuck with people.

My first time reading this thread and this opening post from January 2021 made me laugh.

Read the other day that prolific American comedy prodcuer Norman Lear is still clinging on at aged 99. Can't be long now.

Also just found out that Norman Jewison, director of 1967's classic In The Heat Of The Night is still alive aged 95.

EDIT: New page celeb death dick.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: Mr Banlon on August 29, 2021, 07:17:16 PM
Ed Asner has died. He was only 91. That sounds old, but that cunt was old for as long as I can remember.

Lifelong liberal leftie and the man who said "Gwyneth Paltrow is a fucking cunt" on Stern.

He was a good guest on Gilbert Gottfried's podcast not so long ago. I liked the bit where he needs to find out the web address of the Autism charity he supports, and then Gottfried takes the piss out of him - 55 minutes in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsX1DgtekQU&t=3300s

Jockice

Sarah Harding. My favourite member of Girls Aloud for what it's worth. Which isn't much.

Blue Jam

I knew that was coming but still, horrible news. 39 is no age (and also my age).

Quite like a bit of Girls Aloud. RIP Sarah:

https://youtu.be/xPrZ4yAdj8I

Cloud

Same age as me, hearing she was dying of cancer shook me a bit it has to be said.  I know people die of it of all ages but there's something about the exact same age that packs more of a punch for some reason.  (Now have a scar where I worried myself silly over a mole and had it removed, but still glad that cases like this spooked me into getting checked out)

Way too early to go.  RIP

rjd2

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 05, 2021, 02:32:55 PM
I knew that was coming but still, horrible news. 39 is no age (and also my age).

Quite like a bit of Girls Aloud. RIP Sarah:

https://youtu.be/xPrZ4yAdj8I

They are quite popular around here, not in a "so bad they are good way" but genuinely made really good pop music you'd have to be a bit of a snob to dislike.

The Promise and biology for example, how could you not like those tunes? Bangers.

Very sad this news indeed.

Gulftastic

Such shit news. Girls Aloud were great and she was the daftest one.

beanheadmcginty

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Rochdale Cowgirl. Dad Mike is still alive.

Butchers Blind

She was my favourite Spice Girl. RIP.

kalowski

Although she was born in Berkshire she went to the same school as me. (Although I left 3 years before she joined).
Always liked Girls Aloud. Biology is brilliant.
Sarah Hardying.

Hobo With A Shit Pun

I'm the sort who would bear a massive grudge if their revisioning of the St Trinian's School Song had been shit.
But I did not, because it was really good.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: rjd2 on September 05, 2021, 02:45:38 PM

They are quite popular around here, not in a "so bad they are good way" but genuinely made really good pop music you'd have to be a bit of a snob to dislike.

The Promise and biology for example, how could you not like those tunes? Bangers.

Very sad this news indeed.

Now I have to start by stating I am old and a musical snob so:

I dislike those songs. I also dislike referring to songs as tunes unless they are instrumental. I also dislike the use of the word banger to describe a good song. I always hear Simon Price's voice when I read tunes and banger.

Any person dying at the age of 39 is indeed very sad, not just for their pain, fears and sense of loss but for their families too. Really sad.

Quote from: jamiefairlie on September 05, 2021, 06:31:49 PM
I also dislike the use of the word banger to describe a good song.  Really sad.

The Bash Street Kids sit, staring in disbelief at plates containing only mashed potato while music plays over a PA system.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: jamiefairlie on September 05, 2021, 06:31:49 PM
Now I have to start by stating I am old and a musical snob so:

I dislike those songs. I also dislike referring to songs as tunes unless they are instrumental. I also dislike the use of the word banger to describe a good song. I always hear Simon Price's voice when I read tunes and banger.

Any person dying at the age of 39 is indeed very sad, not just for their pain, fears and sense of loss but for their families too. Really sad.

Very similar feelings here.  Resented the dirge on culture these manufactured money making bands wreaked on my younger life but I accepted they made some people happy.  That being said GA and Sarah Harding seemed pretty decent enough folk and utterly shit for her to die of this shitty disease at such a young age.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

RIP. I liked Girls Aloud too, a consistently better belting singles output than the Spice Girls, or what have you.

Can't think of any hee- larious gags to make about a woman dying of breast cancer before seeing her 40th birthday, soz.

flotemysost

Ah man, bit gutted about that. Love Girls Aloud, saw them on tour a couple of times. By all accounts Sarah Harding was a lovely person too.

I always found The Promise a bit overrated even though everyone raves about it, for me it lacked the slightly oddball quirkiness of some of their other Xenomania gems. Think my favourite's probably The Show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzyGlmPX8rA

chveik

robhug

Quote from: Jockice on September 05, 2021, 02:30:34 PM
Sarah Harding. My favourite member of Girls Aloud for what it's worth. Which isn't much.

taken too young

Video Game Fan 2000

kalowski

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 06, 2021, 03:53:56 PM
Jean-Paul Belmondo, most known for Breathless has died.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/sep/06/jean-paul-belmondo-star-of-breathless-dies-aged-88
The "Starring my pal Burt Lancaster" bit of Une femme et une femme is one of the greatest moments of cinema. Ever.

derek stitt

Poor old Tony Selby, liked him in Get some in. Mind you haven't seen the program since it was first broadcast.