Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:07:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrity Death List 2021

Started by oy vey, January 01, 2021, 02:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: derek stitt on September 06, 2021, 06:23:27 PM
Poor old Tony Selby, liked him in Get some in. Mind you haven't seen the program since it was first broadcast.

He was good in the Sweeney as that gangster who gets off for a robbery then, due to Carter and Regan trying to get evidence against him, ends up committing and being arrested for murder.

Indomitable Spirit

Had to google who Tony Selby was - an ultimate UK telly "ooooh, that guy". Feels like he was a face I saw on telly every week during my childhood.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Indomitable Spirit on September 06, 2021, 07:29:07 PM
Had to google who Tony Selby was - an ultimate UK telly "ooooh, that guy". Feels like he was a face I saw on telly every week during my childhood.

Remembered by me as
1)  Corporal Marsh in " Get Some In" ( " My name is Marsh, B-A-S-T-A-R-D , Marsh" , as he introduced himself to his goon platoon) ( aforementioned)
2) A wrong 'un in " The Sweeney" ( Aforementioned)
3) Michael Caine's piss- taking mate in " Alfie".

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 06, 2021, 07:37:03 PM
Remembered by me as
1)  Corporal Marsh in " Get Some In" ( " My name is Marsh, B-A-S-T-A-R-D , Marsh" , as he introduced himself to his goon platoon) ( aforementioned)
2) A wrong 'un in " The Sweeney" ( Aforementioned)
3) Michael Caine's piss- taking mate in " Alfie".

Yeah he's the Get Some In guy for me too. Along with that other guy who wasn't Robert Lindsey.

EOLAN

Well they came at the King and they didn't miss.

Michael K Williams who portrayed Omar in the Wire appears to have died from an overdose.

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1434973833107316738?t=j9ZLyCbt6SbUy24iphuDKw&s=19

imitationleather

jobotic

selectivememory

Fuck. Watched Boardwalk Empire recently and he was great as Chalky White in that, as well as Omar of course.

Mobius

beanheadmcginty

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Well that's just awful. He was a great actor, so charismatic and compelling. I feel really gutted about this too.

Mr Banlon

When I saw 'Chalky White star dies' I was hoping it was Davidson.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Mr Banlon on September 06, 2021, 10:34:29 PM
When I saw 'Chalky White star dies' I was hoping it was Davidson.

I believe I'm right in saying I applauded.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: jamiefairlie on September 06, 2021, 07:44:51 PM
Yeah he's the Get Some In guy for me too. Along with that other guy who wasn't Robert Lindsey.

That one who looked like the young Pete Shelley?
( there was a Jarvis Cocker lookalike in it, too. I confirmed this for meself yesterevening when I re- watched the debut episode of this show last night in tribute. Amusingly, there was also an actor playing a corporal in it- who manages to get himself transferred to Hong Kong instead of Marsh- who looked exactly like a young Terry Jones).

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 07, 2021, 08:32:29 AM
That one who looked like the young Pete Shelley?
( there was a Jarvis Cocker lookalike in it, too. I confirmed this for meself yesterevening when I re- watched the debut episode of this show last night in tribute. Amusingly, there was also an actor playing a corporal in it- who manages to get himself transferred to Hong Kong instead of Marsh- who looked exactly like a young Terry Jones).

Aye him, David Jansen apparently. Amazingly he played the young lad that Ringo talks to when he's having his depressed walk by the canal in A Hard Day's Night.

Mr Banlon

A friend of a friend is the spit of David Jansen. When we've been out, and it's his turn to buy a round of drinks I always say : "I think it's your round Mark."
I don't really know him that well.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

No Sir, I Can't Boogie ( or do anything else for that matter): Maria Mendiola, one half of the top disco ladies duo Baccara has left us at the age of 69.

Blue Jam

Read the news about Maria Mendiola on the Scotland section of BBC News. I approve of this being categorised as Scottish news and so would she, probably.

Tune:

https://youtu.be/32wDFCM7iSI

Fr.Bigley

Not fucking Norm Macdonald. Fuck.

Video Game Fan 2000

Video Game Fan 2000

I loved him so much.

Why did the man throw his clock out of the window?

"Last name, Cancer. First name, Bowel!" "I'm gonna fuck uncle John's wife!" 

Video Game Fan 2000

Norm Macdonald: grave hole inspector.

batwings

Gulftastic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Screwed ( as far as staying alive goes).