Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:10:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

China Number 1

Started by Chedney Honks, January 01, 2021, 07:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 01, 2021, 09:11:36 AM
"We are No. 1 Boston Clab Fan. Wercome Boston. A new wife awaits you in the off word corony"

That's the Japanese. The Chinese don't swap Ls and Rs, you actual racist.

chveik

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Why does the Chinese man in my local takeaway have such difficulty pronouncing fried rice then?

Johnny Yesno

Jesus wept. Are we actually doing this?

Junket Pumper

Quote from: C_Larence on January 01, 2021, 04:33:43 PM
www.joe.co.uk/amp/news/priti-patel-300-refugees-prison-camp-259409 for example

Yeah that's appaling but I don't see it assuring us a place on the top ten, I can easily think of half a dozen other countries who are even worse than that. Probably including the other two you mentioned, and Nigeria with the SARS situation

Quote from: C_Larence on January 01, 2021, 04:18:25 PM
It is absolutely laughable that US, UK and Israel aren't on that list. Good to see Cuba on there for *checks notes* sending doctors abroad to help treat COVID in other countries.

"UN Watch" is a privately-funded NGO unaffiliated with the United Nations (despite the deliberately misleading presentation) with a right-wing bent, and according to Wikipedia "frequently critical of what it views as anti-Israel and antisemitic sentiment at the UN and UN-sponsored events"

Nothing it says is credible, sadly. More propaganda.

More:

QuoteIan Williams, former president of the United Nations Correspondents Association[66] and author of The UN For Beginners,[67] wrote in an opinion piece in The Guardian in 2007 that the main objective of UN Watch "is to attack the United Nations in general, and its human rights council in particular, for alleged bias against Israel". Williams supported UN Watch's condemnation of the UN Human Rights Council as a hypocritical organization, but also accused UN Watch itself of hypocrisy for failing to denounce what he called "manifest Israeli transgressions against the human rights of Palestinians."[68]

QuoteThe American journalist and political activist Phyllis Bennis described UN Watch as a "small Geneva-based right-wing organisation" that is "hardly known outside of UN headquarters".[71] She stressed that "undermining and delegitimising" Richard Falk through "scurrilous accusations" has been an "obsession of UN Watch" when he became Special Rapporteur.[72]

Agence France-Presse has described UN Watch both as "a lobby group with strong ties to Israel"[12] and as a group which "champions human rights worldwide".[73] The Economist has described UN Watch as a "pro-Israeli monitor".[74]

bgmnts

Not really arsed about the US/UK argument to be on the list but am quite amazed Myanmar and Israel are nowhere to be seen.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Probs not that amazing given the above

Clearly running an apartheid regime where one enclave of 1.8 million has an average male age of 17 years old and no consistent power supply is middle of the road these days.

bgmnts

I mean Myanmar have been genociding an entire ethnic population for the past year ir two so bloody hell is that not even top 10 standard nowadays? What are western countries dping that are worse than that!

idunnosomename

Israel is a liberal democracy, silly, and our friends and allies. Like Pinochet's Chile and Pol Pot's Cambodia.

Chedney Honks

China number 1 for hot dry noodles

poo

Police state of >1 billion unsustainable in connected global age. Give them 10-15 years maybe.

Junket Pumper

Quote from: bgmnts on January 01, 2021, 07:15:11 PM
I mean Myanmar have been genociding an entire ethnic population for the past year ir two so bloody hell is that not even top 10 standard nowadays? What are western countries dping that are worse than that!

You and your Ma should knock that on the head

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: poo on January 01, 2021, 09:07:55 PM
Police state of >1 billion unsustainable in connected global age. Give them 10-15 years maybe.

They're really good at disconnecting the connections.

pcsjwgm

UN Watch is right-wing attack dog that engages in non-stop pro-imperialist propaganda. Almost their entire work consists of demonising official enemies of the US, and agitating for intervention/regime change in countries that are insufficiently subservient to US interests, such as Venezuela, Iran, Bolivia, and Cuba. Another core component of their agenda is die-hard support for Israel and the US. The only area where they stray from the imperial leash is their criticism of Saudi Arabia.

Quote from: Hillel Neuer, Executive Director of UN Watch
.@EmmanuelMacron @BorisJohnson @GermanyUN: I hope one of your New Year's Resolutions for 2021 is to stop voting for 2/3 of the UNGA's anti-Israel resolutions & instead to start introducing resolutions for victims of China, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Venezuela & other tyrannies.
https://twitter.com/HillelNeuer/status/1344804103390687235

Chedney Honks

Absolutely. That's partly why I posted it.