Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:09:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Berlin cunt hive

Started by Blue Jam, January 01, 2021, 07:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: Kankurette on January 01, 2021, 07:42:58 PM
Only if they're Virgos.

I am a Virgo so that suits me. Where's the cue ball going etc

Sebastian Cobb

It'd be like living with everyone from the /r/ancap meetup.

$2.95 sushi everyday.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 01, 2021, 07:42:11 PM
I honestly would rather move into a house where the residents had been selected according to their star signs. Among other things I imagine the bathroom would be a lot cleaner.
I guarantee the bathroom is sparkling and they're completely fucking anal about it.

also €800 - €1000/month for one room? fuck off I have a three bed house all to myself for less. Out in Culchieland admittedly BUT STILL.

Rizla

Zetetic

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 01, 2021, 07:42:11 PM
saw page 2 is basically a condensed Myers-Briggs test
No, it's not.

I believe it's either the HEXACO Personality Inventory or something derived from it.

(Which is still a bloody stupid tool to determine whether you'll rent a room to someone or not, but there we go.)

Blue Jam

Kankurette

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 01, 2021, 07:45:55 PM

$2.95 sushi everyday.
I see you, token girl at the back.

idunnosomename

$2.95 sushi everyday.
CHUK/TINGE has let itself go

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteDear Berliners,

Our Psychtech Parties are back! We've done lots of personality-based parties last summer - until Corona decided to put an end to them.

But now we're back - smaller (yet), but more enthusiastic than ever before! Our parties are based on an algorithmic preselection, that analyzes strangers for personality traits and puts them together with likeminded individuals. We all have a coding/business startup background, have lived around the world and are passionate about PsychTech (psychology + technology).

So, if you are new to Berlin, looking for new friends, or just trying to experience something new, then feel free to drop us a message for details.

Are dinner parties allowed in Germany currently under coronavirus legislation? This seems like a very bad idea.

Zetetic

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 01, 2021, 08:11:08 PM
The D.E.N.N.I.S. System?
Honestly, I think being disingenuous about the efforts of people to better describe variations in humans and their personalities gets a little bit ... miserable, not least because there's a hefty overlap with the set of people who actually described how broken things like the MBTI were.

(And then having said all that ... Disrupt Meetup PsychTech Berlin lists "#MBTI #Big5" on their About page. Fuck's sake.)

Edit: I don't want to pretend that those efforts have borne great fruit either, I suppose. But not everything is the same as the MBTI or a thread on Reddit you once saw.

Zetetic

Or, I'm just a bit too touchy about it, maybe. I probably should consider that more thoroughly...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

$2.95 sushi everyday.

Scarily similar to a CaB meet tbh, right down to sitting along an impractically long table

pancreas

I've signed Shoulders up for this.

First Name: Shoulders?
Last Name: Stomach!
Facebook profile URL: European Bar Guide
Hobbies, interests, passions? Beer, cheap flights to places with no vowels, thunderously correct opinions.
Who is your role model? Oz Clarke
What would you be doing in 5 years if everything goes perfectly according to plan? Living here lol
What would you be doing in 15 years if everything goes perfectly according to plan? Still living here lol
What important truth do very few people agree with you on? The SNP shd all be banged up in a medieval dungeon.
Do you believe in Free Will? Only my own.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Very good, however:

QuoteWho is your role model? Oz Clarke

Struck a dud note there, but you weren't to know. I haven't hit on my sister.

pancreas

I also filled in the other qs in the parties form for you.

Why do you want to come to this party? Spread word of Clowne to like-minded young professionals
What do you do for a living? Complaining
What do you hope to get out of this party? Drink slightly more alcohol than I bring
What is something unconventional that you have done in your life?
Can be something small, can also be something world-changing  Wear Christmas hat for all Dec.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: pancreas on January 01, 2021, 08:33:46 PM
I also filled in the other qs in the parties form for you.

Why do you want to come to this party? Spread word of Clowne to like-minded young professionals
What do you do for a living? Complaining
What do you hope to get out of this party? Drink slightly more alcohol than I bring
Can be something small, can also be something world-changing  Wear Christmas hat for all Dec.

The answer you missed is 'your mum'.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 01, 2021, 08:22:26 PM
Scarily similar to a CaB meet tbh, right down to sitting along an impractically long table

Bollocks. There are no baldies there.

One or two failing to hide tendencies, obvs, but no full-ons.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on January 01, 2021, 08:38:42 PM

David Friedman's thinning enough to pass muster surely

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on January 01, 2021, 08:38:42 PM

The most recent meets have seen an almost offensive amount of hair, actually. Your absence in that department was missed as I was keeping our end up in the face of hirsute domination. I clock-watched while pancreas' remaining hair failed to fall out over the course of the afternoon.

pancreas

Blue Jam

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on January 01, 2021, 08:37:55 PM
The answer you missed is 'your mum'.

Has anyone thought of establishing a Gary hive?

Chedney Honks

Quote from: pancreas on January 01, 2021, 08:33:46 PM

I'm not saying I agree, but biggest laugh of the last six months of CaB.

Goldentony

last time I was in Berlin anti tourism seemed to be stronger than ever compared to the first time I went when the tour guide who looked like the 52 year old son from My Family said he hadn't seen a fight in the five years he'd been there, this time round bus stops had TOURIST FUCK OFF CUNT all over them and one particular walk to some coffee place that looked like a Kubrick set was marked with TOURIST FUCK OFF CUNT AGAIN on a lot of space, be good to see how that progresses with more shit like this

$2.95 sushi everyday.

This is what happens when you remove regulation from the hairdressing profession.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Zetetic on January 01, 2021, 08:21:34 PM
Or, I'm just a bit too touchy about it, maybe. I probably should consider that more thoroughly...

Sorry, personality testing is a bit of a bugbear of mine as I know a few people who should know better who have bought way too into it, and my employer spends way too much money on it. I also once had a very stubborn friend who was convinced Scientology was unfairly maligned and became determined to do the Free Personality Test because "How bad can it be, really?". Grrr. Soz.

I don't know what HEXACO is but it seems they do use Myers-Briggs tests at their parties. Sounds like the world's dullest pub quiz to me:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/freedom35-dinner-party-129-tickets-119217150707?aff=#

Also note that there is a fee of "0.5% of your net income from last month and if you are the student, whatever monthly costs you live of(sic)!" And you still have to bring a bottle.

I remember when I used to do personality tests myself- we'd have a giggle over them before hastily shoving the copy of Cosmopolitan or More magaine into a desk when the teacher walked in. They should be just a bit of fun, no more, if you ask me.

Anyone remember the Online Personality Test from the early days of the internet, the one where you clicked the "Click To Begin" button and got "Results: You are a cunt"? That's the only personality test the world needs.

Blue Jam

Gotta love their Eventbrite page:

https://www.eventbrite.com/o/freedom-35-28997780449

QuoteTech/Startup WG community in Berlin passionate about psychtech, sex robots, simulation theory and community.

I also love the fact that these hip urban sophisticates hosted a Harry Potter party.

chveik

I'd rather live in a crackheads den

imitationleather

PlanktonSideburns

was waiting for you lot to find these ledgends

already sent my application. i hope you all do the same