Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:48:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lambada

Started by Chedney Honks, January 01, 2021, 10:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

Erotic melody of time.

Chedney Honks

The 80 aids edition is better than the mountain dweller panpipe rape in a bothy version

It is a lovely tune, and it was quite a moment for me when I went round someone's house and there was a bunch of Portguese blokes bellowing it out at the top of their voices, though it was lacking a bit in the tender sensuality the song suggests.
Wayne Wonder and Cutty Rank's version is very cheerful

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xY9MFEHZv1I

The Mollusk

Weirdly enough my first exposure to it was the Sun City Girls rendition and I had no idea it was anything else, I thought it was their original song. I was so puzzled when one evening I heard it being performed by a busker in a London Underground station with a karaoke-style backing track. How the fuck is this Sun City Girls song this popular?! Felt a bit daft when I told a friend and they were like "mate that's Lambada are you having me on or what".

jobotic

I was just about to post the Sun City Girls version

Have this then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhjc1k8ASIc

Gulftastic

I'd totally forgotten about the forbidden dance [/south American accent] until it popped up on old TOTPs a while back. It got ridiculous coverage for a while. When was the last big summer fad like this? Aside from this year's doing nowt craze.

ETA gangnam style.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I remember the girl in the 80's video gave me funny feelings (I was 9 years old, so no nonceage involved). Why wouldn't her Dad let her dance? Was it cos she was trying to dance with a black kid? Is that it?