Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:28:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ade Edmondson Everywhere

Started by dissolute ocelot, January 01, 2021, 11:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dissolute ocelot

Ade has been busy this Xmas. Excellent work with Manchester on Christmas University Challenge, slightly less successful with his daughter on Pointless, and remembering his dad on ITV's 100 Favourite Walks. Is he suddenly omnipresent? What's your favourite Ade this festive period?

dead-ced-dead

I noticed this a while ago that Ade really does show up everywhere. He's a real character actor in that sense, shows up in small and supporting roles in loads of stuff. He was also pretty good doing Shakespeare with the Royal Shakespeare Company a few years ago.

sutin

He was great in Eastenders a while ago.

Glebe

It was nice to see him in The Last Jedi.

Lungpuddle

Quote from: Glebe on January 02, 2021, 02:13:36 AM
It was nice to see him in The Last Jedi.

I agree. I shouted, I fist-pumped the air, I cried, I stood and cheered. I was harsh on the film when it came out, I really needed a fairy tale with lightsabres because of a spate of deaths around that time, but even in that mindset I enjoyed his cameo.

He was the best guest performer at the Bonzos reunion too.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Lungpuddle on January 02, 2021, 02:43:05 AM
I agree. I shouted, I fist-pumped the air, I cried, I stood and cheered. I was harsh on the film when it came out, I really needed a fairy tale with lightsabres because of a spate of deaths around that time, but even in that mindset I enjoyed his cameo.

It took me a while to warm to The Last Jedi but now I'd say it's my second favourite Star Wars film after Empire.

Gurke and Hare

He won Celebrity Masterchef too. At the risk of triggering a certain number of new threads, he was definitely the most versatile and multi-talented of The Young Ones.

poodlefaker

He was on some Radio 4 thing talking about wine last week.

Ham Bap

Quote from: Lungpuddle on January 02, 2021, 02:43:05 AM

I missed that bit in The Last Jedi.
Need to rewatch.

Jittlebags

I quite liked him in Cagefighter - Worlds Collide. Nice bit of bare knuckle work.

Glebe

Quote from: Jittlebags on January 02, 2021, 10:00:40 PMI quite liked him in Cagefighter - Worlds Collide. Nice bit of bare knuckle work.

He can do anything, our Ade!

Absorb the anus burn

i.) Huge fan of his performance in the mostly forgotten comedy 'If You See God, Tell Him' as a proto Victor Meldrew grump.

ii.) Saw him last year in 'The Boyfriend' at The Menier Chocolate Factory as the gin and ice cream loving dotty Lord on the Riviera... He was obviously funny, but did the song and dance well too.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on January 03, 2021, 09:54:08 AM
i.) Huge fan of his performance in the mostly forgotten comedy 'If You See God, Tell Him' as a proto Victor Meldrew grump.

ii.) Saw him last year in 'The Boyfriend' at The Menier Chocolate Factory as the gin and ice cream loving dotty Lord on the Riviera... He was obviously funny, but did the song and dance well too.

He has a rather nice singing voice. As shown here when he was in The Rocky Horror Picture Show,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNmzYwVQXlc

Gurke and Hare

El Unicornio, mang

Hamill was actually pretty star-struck

https://twitter.com/AdrianEdmondson/status/1074268470169296896?s=20

QuoteMe reading #TheLastJedi Call Sheet: (thrilled) "ADRIAN EDMONDSON?!!! I wonder if it's the same @AdrianEdmondson that was in The Young Ones & Bottom?" #DUH 🙄 Seriously Hamill, how many Adrian Edmondsons do you think there are in show-biz? #FanBoyMeetsComicGenius

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I was disappointed by Edmondson's performance on University Challenge. He didn't kick anyone else in the head, or lob a hand grenade.

Mr Trumpet

I enjoyed his spell as the leader of UKIP

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on January 03, 2021, 01:30:31 PM
I was disappointed by Edmondson's performance on University Challenge. He didn't kick anyone else in the head, or lob a hand grenade.

He could at least have answered "Toxteth O'Grady" to a bonus they didn't know.

petril

or just been completely bloody sick of this

or buzzed in and just went "what?"

paruses

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on January 03, 2021, 11:38:00 AM
He has a rather nice singing voice. As shown here when he was in The Rocky Horror Picture Show,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNmzYwVQXlc

I saw his band, The Bad Shepherds, at Birmingham Town Hall about 10 years ago and enjoyed it very much.

He's very good at being cast as and at playing senior ranking police officers who are all about the admin these days. He's probably only been in about 2 roles like that but it's what sticks in my mind.

Sonny_Jim

I was just wondering if he's ever been on Buxtons/Herrings podcast, apparently not.  I can't see him being a very good guest for Adam although I reckon Rich could probably get some decent mileage out of it, especially with the emergency questions.

Jittlebags

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on January 06, 2021, 06:44:05 AM
I was just wondering if he's ever been on Buxtons/Herrings podcast, apparently not.  I can't see him being a very good guest for Adam although I reckon Rich could probably get some decent mileage out of it, especially with the emergency questions.

Yep, I imagine his human centipede would be Julia Sommerville at the front, with Desmond Lynham at the rear.