Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:58:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sick mum quandary

Started by sevendaughters, January 02, 2021, 11:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Fuck's sake. Terrible news, not much I can do besides send hugs.

sevendaughters

She passed away on Friday evening in the hospice. She was 66.

It is absolutely frightening how quickly it took hold and turned her from a healthy person to being unable to anything other than express pain. Especially because the brain still works and they're aware of everything, but unable to do anything at all.

Between coming out of Salford (in February) where she was diagnosed and going into Wythenshawe (early March) where she took a turn for the worse, there was a couple of weeks at home where there was some acceptance and I even managed to get a few laughs out of her.

Thanks to anyone who reached out. Appreciated.

Janie Jones

What a shocking ordeal for you all sevendaughters, I'm so sorry. 66 is too soon. Be kind to yourself now.

idunnosomename

I hope those laughs were from reading her some hilarious CaB posts!!!!

it's incredible how shitty and fragile our usually amazing bodies can suddenly be. much sympathy for your loss and all the pain beforehand. didnt see this first time round but reading it now was touching. all best

Kankurette

I was originally going to quote Buelligan's post until I saw the more recent comments. I'm sorry for your loss and I wish you long life. Hugs if you want them <3

Buelligan

Hugs.  Huge hugs.  xxx

mothman

Sincere condolences, 7D.

holyzombiejesus

Fuck. Really feel for you.

imitationleather

Very sorry to hear this. Absolutely horrible stuff.

Emma Raducanu

Sorry to hear this. I wish you and your family the best.

Glebe

My deepest condolences Sevendaughters, I'm so sorry. Love and hugs to you and your family.

Non Stop Dancer

Take care mate, sorry for your loss x

poo

Twit 2

Chin up, at least you've still got all those daughters.

Sounds fucking awful. Take care, make sure you have some good people around you and go with the flow. There will be no correct way to process this, whatever you feel next will be valid. Be kind to yourself and remember that time does heal wounds, even though it may not feel that way at the time.

jobotic

How awful, I'm so sorry. Take care of yourselves x

non capisco

So sorry to hear of your loss, sevendaughters. Take care, man.

Thursday

Neomod

Sympathies for your loss SD. Look after yourself and your dad.

kittens

horrible. hope things are not too shit for too long.

bgmnts

Fuck that's shite, sorry man.

JaDanketies

One love SevenDaughters. I'm sure you were lucky to have her and she was lucky to have you in these brief moments we get on Earth. <3

IsavedLatin

So sad just to read back through this thread, I can't imagine what you're going through, sevendaughters. Love to you and your family.

touchingcloth

Truly awful, especially having to deal with hospital and hospice care during this pandemic. I was an inpatient with Salford neurology not so long ago, and the care there was excellent. I hope things like that were at least of some small comfort to your mum this year. Hope you're doing OK.

chveik

so sorry to hear that man. take care of yourself x

Lost Oliver

Christ. Sorry mate. Lots of hugs. Fuck.

Blue Jam

So sorry to hear this. Sendng strength and hugs x

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I'm so sorry for your loss, sevendaughters.

Brian Freeze

Very very sorry to read this Sevendaughters, how utterly horrible for you all.

peanutbutter

Horrible stuff, can't imagine how awful that is for everyone involved.

Not exactly a huge solace right now but I'm glad to hear you managed to have some time together both being aware of where things were going but before things were too far on. I dunno how I'd've coped without having those moments with my dad before he went.

Mister Six

I'm so sorry, sevendaughters. I suppose it's good you were able to spend a little time together, but I know that's fuck all comfort in the face of what's happened.