Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:38:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

2021 CaB missing posters thread

Started by Gregory Torso, January 03, 2021, 12:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

Quote from: St_Eddie on January 03, 2021, 10:16:06 PM
Rumours of his death due to a bizarre wanking incident have been greatly, or at least partially, exaggerated.

Nice one! I heard about a wanking induced coma but great to see you came through the other side.

non capisco

IIRC it was Saucer51 who got the wiggins off that ghost monk.

Chedney Honks

I was very fond of Saucer51. Great poster.

Chedney Honks

WesterlyWinds not been around for a while.

Dolphin Face and ZG don't pop in often enough for my liking but always glad to see their appearance.

Kishi was also great but can't remember the last time they posted.

Endicott

Rumours of his death due to a bizarre wanking incident have been greatly, or at least partially, exaggerated.

Nice to see you.

Chedney Honks

Let's face it, there's something wrong with most of us left now no offence

poo

pancreas

thenoise

Was wondering where everyone goes when they leave. Fucking Twitter?

Blue Jam

Quote from: wasp_f15ting on January 03, 2021, 10:19:37 PM
What happened to SplatterMac??

He used to be so good in wimblemong, also went to a gig with him!

iirc he had a personal tragedy and one poster who had previously seemed perfectly normal started making sick jokes about it. This poster was banned but kept registering new accounts to needle him until Bazza found a way to permaban him. By that point Splattermac had had enough and quietly left. Was a really sound guy though, it was a real shame.

Ferris

Hey welcome back!

Don't forget, you're here forever.

Ferris

Quote from: pancreas on January 03, 2021, 10:48:28 PM
Ronalado make babay.

Dopps was RONALADO? I always liked him (and RONALADO), good poster.

A comeback? Is possible.

wasp_f15ting

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 03, 2021, 10:59:36 PM
iirc he had a personal tragedy and one poster who had previously seemed perfectly normal started making sick jokes about it. This poster was banned but kept registering new accounts to needle him until Bazza found a way to permaban him. By that point Splattermac had had enough and quietly left. Was a really sound guy though, it was a real shame.

That's awful, thanks for the background

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 03, 2021, 10:59:36 PMiirc he had a personal tragedy and one poster who had previously seemed perfectly normal started making sick jokes about it. This poster was banned but kept registering new accounts to needle him until Bazza found a way to permaban him. By that point Splattermac had had enough and quietly left. Was a really sound guy though, it was a real shame.

Jesus, all my years here and I had no idea about that (at least, not that I remember).  Thanks for the info.

Phil_A

A few posters that vanished into the mists of time that I sometimes wonder about...

Suttonpubcrawl
hpmons
actwithoutwords
OG Mudbone
Caroline
Ginyard
explodingvinyl
joeyzaza
Cohaagen

Looking back through old threads can be a bit of an emotional minefield(especially for us old cunts who've been here forever) as it makes your realise how many people have come and gone through this place, some you barely even remember, but just seeing an old name can trigger a lot of memories.

popcorn

Ferris last posted 25 minutes ago. Good riddance. I don't miss him.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Phil_A on January 03, 2021, 11:59:05 PM
Suttonpubcrawl

Think he got married and was just too busy enjoying domestic bliss afterwards.

Quotehpmons

Went to uni. May have been too busy for this place afterwards (as I was when I disappeared for the duration of my undergrad days)

QuoteGinyard

Last time I saw him on here I did the usual "Nice to see you back" post and he replied to say he wasn't really "back", just passing through, and things were fine but he didn't have as much time for CaB because of work.

I think they're all doing fine anyway.

Rev+

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 03, 2021, 10:59:36 PM

If I remember rightly, part of that whole thing was because he was unable to receive a phone call about said tragedy because he was using the phone line to post on here.  And with that, everyone who remembers Splattermac now feels really bloody old.

easytarget

BlodwynPig

Quote from: non capisco on January 03, 2021, 10:24:51 PM
IIRC it was Saucer51 who got the wiggins off that ghost monk.

ah yes, good one. Was there also a weasel dust?

Buelligan

Quote from: weaseldust on January 03, 2021, 10:22:01 PM
i'm still lurking! i wasn't the ghost priest disliker though. i posted about being scared of one of the dancing shapes in fantasia once?

No.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: weaseldust on January 03, 2021, 10:22:01 PM
i'm still lurking! i wasn't the ghost priest disliker though. i posted about being scared of one of the dancing shapes in fantasia once?

ah, there you go - hello, sorry for confusing you with Saucer 51

The Mollusk

Suttonpubcrawl is happily married and with child now, or at least he was last I heard, but for reasons unknown he appears to have unfriended me on Facebook.

The Mollusk

Quote from: chveik on January 03, 2021, 09:47:11 PM
imagine if someone was relentlessly flooding Oscillations with posts praising Limp Bizkit, but worse.

I'd gladly take "worse than Limp Bizkit" over The Beatles.

wasp_f15ting

Whatever happened to Sam? He used to have great philosophy suggestions and music

Chedney Honks

Quote from: wasp_f15ting on January 04, 2021, 09:43:13 AM
Whatever happened to Sam? He used to have great philosophy suggestions and music

Paulie Walnuts

Twit 2, jk

mobias

I'm terrible at remembering peoples names on here but is Ignatius still around? He always struck me as cool guy and he knew is stuff, stuff being pretty much anything really. A good CAB allrounder.