Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:35:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

2021 CaB missing posters thread

Started by Gregory Torso, January 03, 2021, 12:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 03, 2021, 10:33:15 PM
WesterlyWinds not been around for a while.

Dolphin Face and ZG don't pop in often enough for my liking but always glad to see their appearance.

Kishi was also great but can't remember the last time they posted.

She told me she left because of you.

(She's on twitter, seems to have an actual proper writing job now. Noticed she writes with a pseudonym though (I know her real name wasn't Kishi, but she's not using her real name either, so I don't want to say anything to else to respect her privacy)

Ray Travez

Quote from: Phil_A on January 03, 2021, 11:59:05 PM
A few posters that vanished into the mists of time that I sometimes wonder about...

explodingvinyl

Still running Manchester's best comedy night, currently the shows are being streamed online

http://www.xsmalarkey.com/

Ray Travez

Quote from: Thursday on January 04, 2021, 10:59:57 AM
Noticed she writes with a pseudonym though (I know her real name wasn't Kishi )

Was her real name The Bad Lampshade?

mr. logic

Ronnie the Raincoat. We had a fight once about the man in Austria with his children in his basement. Can't remember the context, I think she made it about her flat search in London which felt a bit glib to me or something. I was very new then and didn't realise she had been fighting some HUGE battle somewhere else on the forum.

monkfromhavana

Can't believe <redacted> was banned. I was wondering why I hadn't seen any <redacted> for over a year.

popcorn

Quote from: monkfromhavana on January 04, 2021, 11:58:55 AM
Can't believe <redacted> was banned. I was wondering why I hadn't seen any <redacted> for over a year.

it's because of all that shit they posted.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: monkfromhavana on January 04, 2021, 11:58:55 AM

It's because he kept mentioning the <banned comedy troupe>.

idunnosomename

And they say cancel culture is a myth!

NoSleep

Quote from: mobias on January 04, 2021, 10:31:21 AM
I'm terrible at remembering peoples names on here but is Ignatius still around? He always struck me as cool guy and he knew is stuff, stuff being pretty much anything really. A good CAB allrounder.

You must mean Ignatius_S; last posted December 23rd 2020, last seen 12:13:36 today.

Their Peter Lorre avatar went awol yonks back so that might be the reason you hadn't noticed.

The Mollusk

Quote from: mr. logic on January 04, 2021, 11:33:09 AM
Ronnie the Raincoat. We had a fight once about the man in Austria with his children in his basement. Can't remember the context, I think she made it about her flat search in London which felt a bit glib to me or something. I was very new then and didn't realise she had been fighting some HUGE battle somewhere else on the forum.

I was on some mental health awareness/advice site not long ago (can't remember which, brain is fucked) and I saw a photo of one of the key writers and thought "fuckinell that looks a lot like RtR!" Checked the site credits and it was actually her. Made me smile.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Phil_A on January 03, 2021, 11:59:05 PMSuttonpubcrawl
Caroline

The former's already been mentioned, but I've seen them both on Twitter.

Quote from: Phil_A on January 03, 2021, 11:59:05 PMjoeyzaza

Didn't he reincarnate as alcoholic messiah -- who then nuked his account a few years later after precisely 5000 posts?  After that, I have no idea.

Quote from: easytarget on January 04, 2021, 07:06:39 AMTJ was good. I like his podcast.

Yes, which I found via Tw...you-know-where.

Quote from: thenoise on January 03, 2021, 10:50:56 PMWas wondering where everyone goes when they leave. Fucking Twitter?

Essentially yes, for about half of them, although they seldom use its first name.[nb]Joke (C) Dirk Benedict.[/nb]

mobias

Quote from: NoSleep on January 04, 2021, 12:54:10 PM
You must mean Ignatius_S; last posted December 23rd 2020, last seen 12:13:36 today.

Their Peter Lorre avatar went awol yonks back so that might be the reason you hadn't noticed.

That'll be the reason then. I'd find it easier if people just stuck to the same avatar here. If they could just do that it would be great, thanks.

NoSleep

Seems like numerous people who kept their avatars on Tinypic still aren't aware that we can no longer see them, instead only seeing this (for several years now):

mr. logic

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 04, 2021, 01:10:05 PM
I was on some mental health awareness/advice site not long ago (can't remember which, brain is fucked) and I saw a photo of one of the key writers and thought "fuckinell that looks a lot like RtR!" Checked the site credits and it was actually her. Made me smile.

Ah, that's nice. Good for her.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: mr. logic on January 04, 2021, 01:30:18 PM
Ah, that's nice. Good for her.

I've seen her post on a friends facebook.
(Checks)
Clicking through to her page, the most recent post is 5 days ago.

madhair60

Captain Crunch

Quote from: thenoise on January 03, 2021, 10:50:56 PM
Was wondering where everyone goes when they leave. Fucking Twitter?

Seriously. 

I miss weekender. 

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Captain Crunch on January 04, 2021, 04:14:22 PM
Seriously. 

I miss weekender.

Wondering if they got through all that bog roll yet.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 03, 2021, 10:33:15 PM
...Dolphin Face and ZG don't pop in often enough for my liking but always glad to see their appearance...

Very nice of you, but in future please use the whole username so it appears in my google alerts and I don't need to keep checking if I'm being mentioned manually.

holyzombiejesus

Remember when Small World posted that topless photo of himself looking all muscular and everyone laughed and took the piss.

imitationleather

Anyone leaving the forum for Twitter is scum.

Ambient Sheep

It is of course entirely possible to be on both CaB and Twitter, as well as Facebook and god knows where else, and then to stop coming here without that being specifically "leaving the forum for Twitter". :-)

imitationleather

Anyone using anything other than this forum = SCUM!

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: imitationleather on January 04, 2021, 06:23:05 PM
Anyone leaving the forum for Twitter is scum.

Most people not leaving as well.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: imitationleather on January 04, 2021, 06:38:27 PMAnyone using anything other than this forum = SCUM!

Not sure Barry would like me starting threads about kinky sex...

Barry Admin

Ambient Sheep

I was half-joking, but nice to know :), but the moral high-horse brigade, although a minority here, have always ruined anybody's attempts to do so, with only one exception I can think of.

pancreas

I'm happy to start the thread on your behalf.

greencalx

Is that what the scotch egg quiche thread is about?