Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:42:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

2021 CaB missing posters thread

Started by Gregory Torso, January 03, 2021, 12:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 14, 2021, 06:00:42 PM
I'm the hunky one who adds nothing but gives the mums an excuse to watch.

Simon Cowell?

Lfbarfe

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on January 12, 2021, 01:13:01 AM
I hear he's writing a biography of Schnorbitz.

Which one? Bernie had a fleet of them.

I'm still in touch with Trotsky Assortment, and I have a feeling he'd be very much up for finding a pub with accessible bogs that doesn't put money in Meth Aslan's pocket.

I'm sort of drifting back here. I miss those radio nights too. The Jess Conrad night was probably the high watermark.

touchingcloth

Cerys

If I add a third, will he appear?

mook

Twit 2

Very few people actually leave. They just lurk or create a new name. Mook got out. He got right out. And even then, he'd still be posting, if he weren't quite so dead, so dead and in prison.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Lfbarfe on March 15, 2021, 12:42:53 AM
Which one? Bernie had a fleet of them.

I'm still in touch with Trotsky Assortment, and I have a feeling he'd be very much up for finding a pub with accessible bogs that doesn't put money in Meth Aslan's pocket.

I'm sort of drifting back here. I miss those radio nights too. The Jess Conrad night was probably the high watermark.
Eh, grand, I enjoy your presence.

kryton2.0

What ever happened to mook anyway? Did he genuinely leave or just change his name?

touchingcloth

Quote from: kryton2.0 on March 15, 2021, 04:04:02 PM
What ever happened to mook anyway? Did he genuinely leave or just change his name?

He died and was thrown in jail, in that order.

Dex Sawash

Did I/anyone mention the goodies vodka margarine?

holyzombiejesus

Has anyone mentioned SetToStun yet?

And that guy whose wife left him for the U2 cunt. Wasn't there also a poster whose wife fell in love with another woman and left him? I hope they're both ok.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I like how Doomy Dwyer occasionally drops by in a thread, often where you'd least expect him, makes one or two of his gloriously droll posts ( although not as lengthy as they used to be, sadly) , then fucks off again for ages.

mr. logic

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on March 15, 2021, 09:22:51 PM
I like how Doomy Dwyer occasionally drops by in a thread, often where you'd less expect him, makes one or two of his gloriously droll posts ( although not as lengthy as they used to be, sadly) , then fucks off again for ages.

Always found them unreadable, to be honest.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 15, 2021, 09:05:22 PM
Did I/anyone mention the goodies vodka margarine?

Still 'around' I'm pretty sure (and happy to say).

BlodwynPig

shiftwork2

Let's hope that cunt throws in the towel toot sweet.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: mr. logic on March 15, 2021, 09:25:19 PM
Always found them unreadable, to be honest.

Some of the lengthier ones were glorious, the one featuring the phrase "pants in name only" being one of the best.

Chedney Honks

Hank_Kingsley is back, which is nice to see. I would have mentioned him but not sure if he had been banned so didn't want to risk it.

Blue Jam

Anyone heard from Puce Moment? His presence is missed in the snooker thread. Hope he's alright.

Custard

Jemble Fred. Just suddenly stopped posting a few years back. Maybe he's busy writing actual books that you see in book shops. Still need to read his history of Blackadder!

Blue Jam

Would it be very wrong of me to report that as of yesterday Jem's latest, Fab Fools, is available from all good book shops?

(I chat to him on Facebook, he's happy and doing very well)

Thursday

Mook left because the veneer of him being a funny loveable character started to fade when he began making posts in political threads that were critical of Corbyn, since an actually left-wing Labour wasn't in his interests. Also getting called out more and more over time for his misogyny.

FredNurke

Quote from: Shameless Custard on April 30, 2021, 04:08:58 PM
Jemble Fred. Just suddenly stopped posting a few years back. Maybe he's busy writing actual books that you see in book shops. Still need to read his history of Blackadder!

It's very good. I'm not hugely fond of Blackadder, but I thoroughly enjoyed the book from a history of comedy perspective (and also his books on ISIRTA and Douglas Adams). I should pick up his Fry and Laurie book as well as the Beatles one.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 29, 2021, 09:23:09 PM
Anyone heard from Puce Moment? His presence is missed in the snooker thread. Hope he's alright.

We chat regularly via Facebook and he's doing okay (and is greatly enjoying this series of Taskmaster thanks to Mike Wozniak), he's taking a break from the forum at the moment but will hopefully return at some point.

Barry Admin

I think this is best locked now; it's just going to dredge up drama, and risks being used by people who are explicitly seeking to do so, and I've had enough of it of late.

Edit: to clarify, some of the people mentioned have told me why they left, and if it was upsetting enough for them to consider leaving, then it's not really something that should be potentially dragged up again for the sake of people's curiosity. Just not a big fan of raking over history in a way that causes me and others more drama, sorry.