Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:09:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

2021 CaB missing posters thread

Started by Gregory Torso, January 03, 2021, 12:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiftwork2

Quote from: gib on January 03, 2021, 01:21:35 PM
Shit Good Nose

last active 16/11/20

Phil Collins faxed a divorce through to him on the 16th and, well, that was that.

Utter Shit

He's been gone for donkey's years now, but I miss Darrell, loved his analysis of comedy. Same with Lalla, he could be a twat at times but his passion for and knowledge of comedy meant he was always worth looking out for.

EDIT: Just had a look at the member list, both have been gone for over a decade. Just off to be sick.

mobias

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 03, 2021, 12:04:26 AM
Abnormal Palm
Ched Honks
Bost Crab

cheers

If you ever want to lure him out of hiding just make a thread about how shit Daft Punk are. Works every time.

non capisco

Quote from: Utter Shit on January 03, 2021, 01:51:22 PM
He's been gone for donkey's years now, but I miss Darrell, loved his analysis of comedy.

Has since achieved semi-fame with his Twitter impressions of famous singers singing TV themes. I think it's the same guy, at least!

billyandthecloneasaurus

billyandthecloneasaurus

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on January 03, 2021, 08:19:30 AM[removed - no need to invoke a mad cunt who was banned for eg hunting down a posters email address and threatening to stab them in a pub car park - BAdmin]

23 Daves, our battle cry
23 Daves oh what a guy!
I could never work out if that guy just genuinely had the most extraordinary set of anecdotes that always seemed to relate to the threads at hand, or if was a massive bullshitter. 

Glebe

Hi Billy! Happy New Year and hope ye are well!

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Buelligan on January 03, 2021, 12:27:51 PM
All Kanga, me.

Skipping through cornfields, sounds lovely.  No beef, no rivalry, not entirely convinced that producing constant anonymous iterations of oneself is a healthy way to build relationships or interact with others.  Is it a healthy basis for relationships?

I can only say that's fair. Both pancreas and Poirot have said similar in fairly recent times, and the sentiment stuck with me. For some context of why I keep arm's length, and this is completely sincere, I was once tracked down and threatened in public by a demented squaddie with a sword. That's not my idea of a joke, by the way. I really like this place and have no issues with anyone, but I have been wary about online interaction ever since. It's also partly why I distance and detach with so much ironic bullshit and persona, although I must admit that's also sometimes my sense of humour. There is also something cathartic about the occasional exaggerated ranting which somehow fits this place although I don't really do that any more because I mostly feel absolutely fucked. Besides the group of people who seem to enjoy/share my sense of humour, I guess most people find my manner off-putting or don't really understand why/where I'm coming from, or they just think I'm mentally ill/boring/wacky/a cunt. That's on me because I'm happy enough to allow/cultivate that distance in the vast majority of cases. Where I have had misunderstandings or friction with people on here over the years, one way I've managed to overcome that and leave any grievances behind is by being straightforward and shedding some of the bullshit so they can see me more.

As much as I love this place, and even though I emerged unscathed, I find it almost impossible to trust or open up to people online because of that one experience. So, that's the honest explanation.

Buelligan

Can I thank you for sharing that obviously painful experience and congratulate you on your prescience, I am a squaddie and I do own several swords.  You can never be too careful I could well become demented.

Chedney Honks

I bloody knew it.

That would explain all the portentous nightmares about coming home to find this loon parked up outside.

Utter Shit

Quote from: non capisco on January 03, 2021, 02:37:46 PM
Has since achieved semi-fame with his Twitter impressions of famous singers singing TV themes. I think it's the same guy, at least!

No way! I've actually spoken to him a few times (the Elton John/Fools and Horses one that went viral is incredible), had no idea it was him!

Dex Sawash

Would say Danger Man but he will pop up soon to let us know he has been monitoring.

Overdue for some doomy dwyer and Castro Dias(z?)

Chedney Honks

Big fan of all three. I'm sure they'll pop in when the mood takes.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: non capisco on January 03, 2021, 02:37:46 PM

Ha!  Really?

Big fan of that guy.

Ferris

Ferris - that guy is the fucking coolest.

Edit: shit wrong account

Blue Jam

Quote from: Sin Agog on January 03, 2021, 01:09:04 AM
This 'ere's his YouTube channel if you want to drop a message and see how he is: https://www.youtube.com/user/eddavies82/featured

(Probably looking like more of a smoky-eyed, square-jawed man-hunk than ever).

Good-looking people are not allowed on CaB, he was probably banned.

Quote from: mr. logic on January 03, 2021, 05:58:43 AM
I understand Biggie has gone full Tory now on other platforms? I feel a bit sad about that. I always defended him and would still argue that he's one of the funniest ever contributors to this board

That's a real shame if true, got anything more than hearsay to confirm that?

Another Biggy apologist here. His views could be a little... out there, certainly, but he was a genuinely funny poster and the snooker thread just isn't the same without him sharing his impure thoughts about Ding Junhui.

Twit 2

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 03, 2021, 04:05:35 PM
I can only say that's fair. Both pancreas and Poirot have said similar in fairly recent times, and the sentiment stuck with me. For some context of why I keep arm's length, and this is completely sincere, I was once tracked down and threatened in public by a demented squaddie with a sword. That's not my idea of a joke, by the way. I really like this place and have no issues with anyone, but I have been wary about online interaction ever since. It's also partly why I distance and detach with so much ironic bullshit and persona, although I must admit that's also sometimes my sense of humour. There is also something cathartic about the occasional exaggerated ranting which somehow fits this place although I don't really do that any more because I mostly feel absolutely fucked. Besides the group of people who seem to enjoy/share my sense of humour, I guess most people find my manner off-putting or don't really understand why/where I'm coming from, or they just think I'm mentally ill/boring/wacky/a cunt. That's on me because I'm happy enough to allow/cultivate that distance in the vast majority of cases. Where I have had misunderstandings or friction with people on here over the years, one way I've managed to overcome that and leave any grievances behind is by being straightforward and shedding some of the bullshit so they can see me more.

As much as I love this place, and even though I emerged unscathed, I find it almost impossible to trust or open up to people online because of that one experience. So, that's the honest explanation.

TL;DR

chveik

Twit 2

Is Howj Begg still about? More Duke DM would be nice. jutl.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on January 03, 2021, 12:41:48 AM
New Jack and Delete Delete Delete. Wrestling thread is just fucking NUMBERS now.

Yep missed these two

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 03, 2021, 04:05:35 PM

You were definitely funny when you were Boston Crab FWIW.

pigamus

Quote from: Twit 2 on January 03, 2021, 07:11:41 PM
Is Howj Begg still about? More Duke DM would be nice. jutl.

Yes I hope Duke DM is in a good place

Blue Jam

Fry has been quiet. Perhaps that former Nando's employee is just too much of a ledge for us.

Pink Gregory

I've been here for about a year and a half and the amount of posters who've gone quiet whose names I recognise is surprising.

Blue Jam

Quote from: billyandthecloneasaurus on January 03, 2021, 02:49:55 PM
I could never work out if that guy just genuinely had the most extraordinary set of anecdotes that always seemed to relate to the threads at hand, or if was a massive bullshitter.

There's a new Snooker thread, Billy. You know what you need to do.

Chedney Honks

Trent

I'll say thanks, but I obviously get what you're saying. I'm still pretty funny in person and elsewhere but definitely much less so on here. I think it's partly the detachment, and partly I'm just less inclined to try to be funny. I also think fewer people share my sense of humour than before for whatever reason, possibly because I'm just less funny.

Like anyone to whom it comes easily, you reach a point where you don't just want to make people laugh, you want to make them think - and ultimately cry.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 03, 2021, 07:58:14 PM
Trent

I'll say thanks, but I obviously get what you're saying. I'm still pretty funny in person and elsewhere but definitely much less so on here. I think it's partly the detachment, and partly I'm just less inclined to try to be funny. I also think fewer people share my sense of humour than before for whatever reason, possibly because I'm just less funny.

Like anyone to whom it comes easily, you reach a point where you don't just want to make people laugh, you want to make them think - and ultimately cry.

Like I say you were definetely funny when you were Boston Crab.  He was great you should bring him back.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Yes, and quite apart from anything else, Chedney Honks is a fucking terrible username.