Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:30:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

2021 CaB missing posters thread

Started by Gregory Torso, January 03, 2021, 12:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 03, 2021, 07:58:14 PM
Trent

I'll say thanks, but I obviously get what you're saying. I'm still pretty funny in person and elsewhere but definitely much less so on here. I think it's partly the detachment, and partly I'm just less inclined to try to be funny. I also think fewer people share my sense of humour than before for whatever reason, possibly because I'm just less funny.

Like anyone to whom it comes easily, you reach a point where you don't just want to make people laugh, you want to make them think - and ultimately cry.

In fact it was your post 9 years ago that made me join up so I guess what i'm saying is I really liked Boston Crab.  He was great.

The Mollusk

I'll defend biggy as well. I cannot be fucked with political discussion whatsoever so I rarely saw his dodgy opinions but outside of that he was a properly funny cunt, one of the finest on here.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 03, 2021, 08:34:11 PM
I'll defend biggy as well. I cannot be fucked with political discussion whatsoever so I rarely saw his dodgy opinions but outside of that he was a properly funny cunt, one of the finest on here.

He is with the aliens aboard the mothership now though non?

Captain Z

Small Man Big Torso
Lisa MaryJesusAndYourBush
New Jack McBastard

days are gone...

Rich Uncle Claude The Racecar Driving Rockstar Supersleuth
fit birdie
Replies From Shoulders

where are you?

Pink Gregory Norse
Shit Nose George

let's be having you.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on January 03, 2021, 08:30:30 PM
Yes, and quite apart from anything else, Chedney Honks is a fucking terrible username.

It's how you say Chesney Hawkes if you're the deaf cunt who works at our petrol station.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: pigamus on January 03, 2021, 07:43:43 PM
Yes I hope Duke DM is in a good place

New DDM music on bandcamp in August

idunnosomename

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 03, 2021, 07:01:52 PM

Another Biggy apologist here. His views could be a little... out there, certainly, but he was a genuinely funny poster and the snooker thread just isn't the same without him sharing his impure thoughts about Ding Junhui.
i came across his twitter a few months ago and I think he's just still full-on libertarian skeptic. I didn't say what it was because I thought it was a bit of an invasion of privacy and now I've genuinely forgotten what it was

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 03, 2021, 08:44:41 PM
It's how you say Chesney Hawkes if you're the deaf cunt who works at our petrol station.

Why would the subject of Chesney Hawkes come up with a petrol station employee?

holyzombiejesus

Ziggy Starbucks and his fantasies about Lucy Meacock. And that time he tried everyone's methods of drying after a shower.

Tookish too.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on January 03, 2021, 09:01:31 PM
Why would the subject of Chesney Hawkes come up with a petrol station employee?

It was on the radio/playing over the speakers and he asked me if I liked Chedney Honks and I was like what??? and then when I understood, I said not really and he went on a two minute spiel about how he's his favourite musician. I was a bit dumbfounded, wasn't sure if he was joking, but promised to listen. I actually did listen to his first album, skipped through it like, and when I next saw him I said I'd listened and it was good stuff, I was nodding away, trying to be nice about it but he seemed to have absolutely no memory of the initial conversation or maybe just no interest in talking to me about it.

As I say, he's a fucking deaf cunt.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

But if he's deaf, surely he can't hear the music?

jobotic

Dominic Cummings should post here. As long as he was whimsical about snooker he'd be a legend.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on January 03, 2021, 09:14:42 PM
But if he's deaf, surely he can't hear the music?

Hahaha. Fucking hell. I never even thought!

Obviously, deafness is a spectrum but that does give the anecdote an actual punchline.

Ambient Sheep

Deep breath...

Quote from: Gregory Torso on January 03, 2021, 12:02:36 AMKryton, hope you're doing alright.

Saw him online elsewhere briefly a couple of weeks ago.  Seemed ok.

Quote from: Dex Sawash on January 03, 2021, 12:10:57 AMMothman

Quietly retired from the board.  He's alive and well on Twitter (under a different handle).

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 03, 2021, 12:18:35 AMSt. Eddie

Reincarnated as Jim Bob, then left after taking that
Quote from: popcorn on January 03, 2021, 12:49:38 AMserious Twedding.
(Well, Dewting, actually.)

He's doing ok.  Still loves his leftfield movies.

Quote from: chveik on January 03, 2021, 12:24:15 AMhedgehog90

Banned.

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on January 03, 2021, 12:41:48 AM...and Delete Delete Delete.

Banned.

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on January 03, 2021, 08:19:30 AM23 Daves

Happy and well on Twitter.

Quote from: Utter Shit on January 03, 2021, 01:51:22 PMHe's been gone for donkey's years now, but I miss Darrell, loved his analysis of comedy. Same with Lalla, he could be a twat at times but his passion for and knowledge of comedy meant he was always worth looking out for.

Also both on Twitter; the latter seems to have mellowed a lot, and the former...
Quote from: non capisco on January 03, 2021, 02:37:46 PMHas since achieved semi-fame with his Twitter impressions of famous singers singing TV themes. I think it's the same guy, at least!

It is. :-)

Quote from: Dex Sawash on January 03, 2021, 05:34:09 PMWould say Danger Man but he will pop up soon to let us know he has been monitoring.

Well monitor he might do, but he's unlikely to be posting again.  He's told me he long-password-suicided ALL his accounts, including his main one.

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 03, 2021, 07:01:52 PMAnother Biggy apologist here. His views could be a little... out there, certainly, but he was a genuinely funny poster and the snooker thread just isn't the same without him sharing his impure thoughts about Ding Junhui.

Since he lost his £500 bet with someone here[nb]If anyone can remember who, or better still point to the post in question, I'd be grateful![/nb] that Brexit wouldn't happen bEcAuSe ThE eStAbLiShMeNt WoUlD sToP iT, I doubt we'll see him again.  Doesn't strike me as one to part with his hard-earned goldcash.

Talking of political nutters, after about six months of properly being on Twitter I finally ran into The Falcon Malteser yesterday... and very quickly ran away again.

Quote from: Twit 2 on January 03, 2021, 07:11:41 PMIs Howj Begg still about?

Not from the looks of it.

Quote from: Twit 2 on January 03, 2021, 07:11:41 PMMore Duke DM would be nice.

Indeed it would.

Quote from: Twit 2 on January 03, 2021, 07:11:41 PMjutl.

Still going strong, although not here AFAIK.  About a year ago I looked him up on a whim -- probably after an earlier one of these threads, but I really don't remember why now -- and found a bunch of engaging YouTube videos connected with his professional life.  Was lovely to see.

chveik

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 03, 2021, 08:34:11 PM
I%u2019ll defend biggy as well. I cannot be fucked with political discussion whatsoever so I rarely saw his dodgy opinions

imagine if someone was relentlessly flooding Oscillations with posts praising Limp Bizkit, but worse.

Chedney Honks

Edit: Yeah, all good, no need for my advice now.

idunnosomename

fuckin knew darrell posted here. though he follows some of the worst anti-corbyn accounts his covers are fuckin ace. he even got mike batt being a cunt to him

madhair60

Can confirm that Twed/Dewt is actually doing a spot of porridge (can't say much, money shit), but is "happier than he's ever been".

pancreas

Chedney Honks

leave banned members in the past I think is Barry's position on that stuff.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: pancreas on January 03, 2021, 09:59:28 PMWhy was hedgehog90 banned?

I can't tell you, otherwise I might well be banned too.  Besides, it would breach the "leave banned members in the past" rule.  One reason I posted just that one word under their names was so that people know that they're not to be discussed.

[Real EDIT: Removed section that could be construed as talking about banned members, but which did include the words "Not even by PM, sorry."]

Post-Preview EDIT: Bosto beat me to it.

seepage

Quote from: pancreas on January 03, 2021, 09:59:28 PM
Why was hedgehog90 banned?
[deleted] did recommend me a 1660 Ti though, saving me a lots of money.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 03, 2021, 12:18:35 AM
St. Eddie

Rumours of his death due to a bizarre wanking incident have been greatly, or at least partially, exaggerated.

wasp_f15ting

What happened to SplatterMac??

He used to be so good in wimblemong, also went to a gig with him!

weaseldust

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 03, 2021, 08:39:08 AM
Thick and Creamy is the only name I remember.

oh and the two dust's. Moondust and Weaseldust (was that her name...the one who didn't like the ghost picture of the priest).

i'm still lurking! i wasn't the ghost priest disliker though. i posted about being scared of one of the dancing shapes in fantasia once?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: wasp_f15ting on January 03, 2021, 10:19:37 PMWhat happened to SplatterMac??

Blimey, hello!

Well he became mr rou-rou for a bit, but after that I don't know.

EDIT: *waves* to weaseldust. :-)