Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:53:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wii Sports (and sequels)

Started by peanutbutter, January 03, 2021, 02:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutbutter

Man, played Wii Sports Resort for the first time in a decade there a few days ago and it holds up shockingly well. Canoeing was definitely the most fun but almost every game was good.
Why haven't Nintendo tried to do something similar with the Joycons around sport? I assume they're capable of something somewhat similar

What were your favourites of the games? What games have come closest to getting that fun casual multiplayer vibe down since

oustropique

Tennis and Bowling still get outings here. There hasn't been anything else to surpass it as the ultimate casual experience accessible to the vast majority of people who might not have even played a game before. Kinect, maybe, since you don't have remotes that will inevitably stop working, but only if you have a massive living room. And that was underpowered and misrepresented in advertising. Don't get me started.

I don't know if the Joycons have pointers in them, but I did try the motion control mode on Mario Tennis Aces when it came out, and found it really inaccurate and no fun at all. Maybe the technology isn't there.

There's bowling in 51 Worldwide Games which is very similar to Wii Sports, but nothing else I'm aware of.