Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:13:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2021

Started by dr beat, January 03, 2021, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr beat

Heres hoping we actually get some snooker this year...but in the mean time, you know the drill by now.  MS Paint Shaun Murphy/Stephen Lee, Ding eating pies etc etc.

Blue Jam

Arise Sir Bazza... well, almost. This is still less annoying than Lewis Hamilton getting a knighthood I suppose:

https://wst.tv/barry-hearn-awarded-obe/

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Remember the Masters is a week away, CaBbers! It's going to be behind closed doors. I had been tempted to get tickets and watch another chapter of the Ding-Ronnie bromance in the first round but didn't because I fucking knew this would happen:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/55402205

kidney

Quote from: dr beat on January 03, 2021, 03:43:33 PM
Heres hoping we actually get some snooker this year...but in the mean time, you know the drill by now.  MS Paint Shaun Murphy/Stephen Lee, Ding eating pies etc etc.

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

druss

I will never forgive Ding for not walking out to My Ding-A-Ling.

druss

Also I hope that Ronnie grows his super villain 'tache back, needs to go full heel.

billyandthecloneasaurus

Blue Jam

At The Masters the players will be shielded from viruses- and also from wasps:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/55527534

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Each World Championship match to host a "wasp frame" to dismay of traditional supporters

"The world has moved on and snooker must move on with it. I'd hope the fans embrace the idea rather than dismiss it", Hearn.

billyandthecloneasaurus

what about wasp_f15ting

kidney

Do the players ever get to leave Milton Keynes?

druss

Quote from: kidney on January 05, 2021, 09:33:56 PM
No.

Coincidentally, the murder rate there has increased dramatically recently.

Blue Jam

Quote from: kidney on January 05, 2021, 09:33:56 PM

I bet Mark Williams and Jackson Page never left Milton Keynes. Nando's every night. Nando's for Xmas dinner. I bet the staff even found them a stash of the limited edition Nando's gravy, out of date but fuck it, what doesn't kill you makes you more of a legend.

petril

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 07, 2021, 12:46:16 PM
I bet Mark Williams and Jackson Page never left Milton Keynes. Nando's every night. Nando's for Xmas dinner. I bet the staff even found them a stash of the limited edition Nando's gravy, out of date but fuck it, what doesn't kill you makes you more of a legend.

bet they were allowed to leave an' all, just couldn't be arsed now it was an option

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Combing Strategies and coked up post-grad (need a better name for Lisowski as that doesn't really distinguish him from Trump) have tested positive. Out of the Masters.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 09, 2021, 05:31:45 PMneed a better name for Lisowski

Lebowski innit? He's hard to dislike even if he is a talented but utterly frustrating bottler.

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Shoulders?-Stomach!

druss

Wilson wins this one for me, he's looking good.

Blue Jam

Virgo's back from skiving off then.

The Bazza Shitlogos are also back! Did they have to quickly knock up a new one for Legend Gary Wilson?

EDIT: Yes they did:

Think this is supposed to be "The Warrior" vs "The Tyneside Terror". Brilliant. Kylo's is bad but Ledge's is the shittest one yet.

Blue Jam

Quote from: petrilTanaka on January 07, 2021, 01:50:56 PM
bet they were allowed to leave an' all, just couldn't be arsed now it was an option

Oh totally. I bet Mark Williams phoned the missus and said "Sorry cariad, but if I cross the border I won't be allowed back for The Masters" before putting the phone down and high-fiving Jackson Page. And then ordering a couple of Naughty Natas.

Meanwhile AIDS is blaming his extra lockdown heft on "finishing Netflix and finishing Deliveroo". Did the bearded Welsh ledging tag team not invite him to join them at Nando's?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/55562578

imitationleather

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 10, 2021, 03:17:38 PM
"The Tyneside Terror"

Surely a serial killer name.

They should have saved it in case Martin Gould one day moves to the north-east.

druss

Quote from: druss on January 10, 2021, 02:09:21 PM
Wilson wins this one for me, he's looking good.
Yes, called it.

Blue Jam

Just put a whopping five quid on Wilson to win this thing outright, 11-2. Think this may be his year. He could meet Ronnie in the semis but Ronnie's been taking the piss lately.

Ronnie plays Ding on Wednesday. I bet he won't do that whole thing of refusing to concede despite needing ten snookers when he's up against lovely Ding.

druss

Don't know if it's partially due to the lack of crowds but this feels like the least inspiring opening set of matches of the Masters that I can remember.

Blue Jam

Was Stuart Bingham this bulbous before lockdown? It's hard to tell. Scrutinising Stuart Bingham's appearance is something best avoided.

Anyway:

That's "Ball-Run" vs "F1", Bazza Shitlogo fans. Look at the way "147" has been incorporated into each design. Geddit? It's dead clever like.