Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:43:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2021

Started by dr beat, January 03, 2021, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Cunt after a chat show or something

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuellar on May 03, 2021, 10:19:41 PM
The Lester From Leicester does it again

And you all have to worship him in every match from now on. Hop Frog has cursed you

druss

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 03, 2021, 10:21:07 PM
And you all have to worship him in every match from now on. Hop Frog has cursed you
I like him now, I'm a sucker for comebacks from depression.

Cuellar

I care not for Lester, nor for Muphry. I am for SNOOKER

druss

Quote from: druss on May 03, 2021, 10:22:20 PM
I like him now, I'm a sucker for comebacks from depression.
Fuck, does this mean I might like AIDS one day?

Norton Canes

Ah here come the real cunts

sevendaughters

Sensing there'll be a first trimester in Leicester starting soon

druss

Hazel still trying to say that AIDS was the "man of the championship".

Blue Jam

Legend Garys shouting "GWARRRRN BARRY". Fucking state of this

Norton Canes

Fuck this! Finish with the snooker theme!

jobotic

What's the picture of Murphy's face you're on about?

druss

It's going to be strange not having any snooker for so long, feels like there's been a tournament every week for about a year.

Galeee

Quote from: Norton Canes on May 03, 2021, 10:30:09 PM
Fuck this! Finish with the snooker theme!

Again, this. Wtf?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

druss

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 03, 2021, 10:33:49 PM

Isn't that one Stephen Lee? I always get the two mixed up.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Let's be honest, Full Blown was kept at arms length as soon as Selby established a lead. It wasn't a classic and partly because Murphy just wasn't that good. If you look back there were 6 frames where he dollied up easy chances through missed pots when easily in or terrible safety play.

I was relieved when he missed the red on the cushion because when Selby cleared up, it was a decent summary of the final.

Quote from: druss on May 03, 2021, 10:33:08 PM
It's going to be strange not having any snooker for so long, feels like there's been a tournament every week for about a year.

How long have we got off? I can't even find a provisional calendar for next season anywhere.

I've really enjoyed this thread. It helped make the semis and the final bearable. Can you all get Eurosport please?

pigamus

He's won four?! Has he? Jesus he's so fucking boring you forget

Blue Jam

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sorry, ain't mine. Maybe try an older snooker thread, or carry out the frankly impossible task of drawing it.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on May 03, 2021, 10:41:25 PM
How long have we got off? I can't even find a provisional calendar for next season anywhere.

I've really enjoyed this thread. It helped make the semis and the final bearable. Can you all get Eurosport please?

Q School is later this month iirc

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 03, 2021, 10:57:36 PM
Sorry, ain't mine. Maybe try an older snooker thread, or carry out the frankly impossible task of drawing it.

The original looks to have disappeared when tinypic.com was closed down in 2019. This is a reasonably close approximation:

Flouncer

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on May 03, 2021, 10:41:25 PM

Now that this piffling imbroglio is out of the way, the real clash of the titans starts on Thursday:

We'll see the battle of the yippers with Hendry vs. Fagan, Ken Doherty will take on Geriatric Joe... I haven't seen John Parrott hit a ball in about twenty years so who knows what an embarrassment he's going to be. Last year the standard was appalling. I can't wait for it!

Lost Oliver

Who was that Chris guy? And how / why did he get name checked in both speeches? Is he another chimp guy?

Blue Jam

What the hell is Big Ig doing among the seniors?

BlodwynPig

Patsy Fagan? Of Eastenders Does Oliver! fame?

Blue Jam

Quote from: Lost Oliver on May 04, 2021, 08:03:10 AM
Who was that Chris guy? And how / why did he get name checked in both speeches?

Chris Henry, coach of both players.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 04, 2021, 08:07:24 AM
What the hell is Big Ig doing among the seniors?

WSF Seniors Championship 2018, I'll have you know (at the age of 40)

druss

Speaking of seniors, found the first televised century by Joe Davis the other day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ2wlxQHbVg

He was 61 here. I've always assumed he was just a pioneer but that his 15 world titles should be taken with a pinch of salt as there was no competition. That might still be the case, but if he was this good at 61 on what looks to be absolutely horrendous playing conditions compared to today then I think he would more than hold his own in his prime if he was playing against the current generation.

EOLAN

Oh Igor is in the Seniors? Great stuff. Hope I don't curse him by supporting him for this. Thought it be on Eurosport app. Can't get BBC online coverage in Ireland. Being shown anywhere else?