Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:09:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2021

Started by dr beat, January 03, 2021, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

yeah I am not expecting a ton of chat off these, but just keeping my whistle wet. I even went down a Riley's yesterday for the first time in 3 years. Hit some nice shots and then it all fell apart when I started getting cocky.

Rod Lawler plodded through yesterday 4-3 in a match that finished 2.20am from an 8pm start. Lawler's average shot time was 38 seconds, but his opponent (John Welsh) was even slower at 41 seconds. Sounds like gamesmanship as Welsh was potting them at 26 seconds in the previous round.

sevendaughters

Tony Knowles powers past Sean O'Sullivan 4-1! He plays Mark Welsh in r4. Only three more wins from a tour card at SIXTY FUCKING FIVE.

sevendaughters

prediction time for the last knockings of Q School over the weekend. four automatic cards available plus two 'order of merit' cards for consistent Q School performers.

TOP QUARTER: this features Tony Knowles but I think the winner will come from the Ian Burns-Soheil Vahedi match. A loss for Vahedi will probably see him miss out on an order of merit card too. Gutting.

SECOND QUARTER: Lei Peifan is currently in a slot for Order of Merit and Sanderson Lam is running him close. I think they'll meet in round 5 (last 16) and the winner will produce a card winner of some kind.

THIRD QUARTER: third round not finished so harder to predict. Bai Langning plays Luo Honghao, and then the winner probably meets Mitchell Mann. I'd sense a card winner from that trio.

FINAL QUARTER: arguably the star performer of Q School has been Welshman Duane Jones - seeded players were put into rd2 automatically and awarded 4 frames, whilst Jones is in the order of merit mix having played 1 round per tournament more with a 12 frame overall deficit. He has a honker of a draw with Michael Georgiou possibly next and then Hammad Miah (currently in Order of Merit place) after. Youngster Robbie McGuigan is in here too.

preds: Burns, Peifan, Mann, Miah + Lam and Georgiou.

Cahill has failed to qualify.

sevendaughters

Quote from: sevendaughters on June 12, 2021, 12:27:40 AM

preds: Burns, Peifan, Mann, Miah + Lam and Georgiou.

result: Burns, Peifan, Dean Young, and Duane Jones (who performed really consistently across the three events despite being unseeded - had he lost his final against Si Jiahui he would still have got his tour card) won automatic cards today. Hammad Miah and Mitchell Mann won order of merit cards.

Of the 14 qualifiers, only Dean Young had never played on the pro tour before.

Blue Jam

Little break in the snooker drought today with the Championship League on FreeSports:

https://www.freesports.tv/our-sports/snooker.html

https://championshipleaguesnooker.co.uk/

Blue Jam

British Open draw is out:

http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=1154

Starts 16th of August, broadcast on ITV (4, probably)

EOLAN

I presume Mark Allen is just going to pull out* rather than play Reanne Evans. Don't know if things have calmed since the World Championships.

*ooh err

mippy

sevendaughters

Doesn't look like it. Unseeded draw though, so Selby v Murphy in rd. 1

dr beat

Blue Jam

Bet365 are offering odds of 1/100 on Mark Allen to win, and 25/1 on Reanne Evans. Tempted to put a quid on Reanne in case Mark Allen gets too distracted by his ex simply being in the same room. Or the thought that his winnings might have to go towards that massive backlog of child support he owes her.

Deffo watching tomorrow night. Gonna get a mountain of popcorn in.

Blue Jam

Wish I'd put a fiver on world #95 Mitchell Mann to beat Judd Trump now.

This is a proper Battle of the Combovers too.

Flouncer

Ken just mentioned Willie Torn, Rip Torn's younger brother.

Blue Jam

The branding for this tournament is very GB News. Ali Carter will be happy:

Blue Jam

I hope Mitchell Mann's walk-on music is Macho Man by The Village People.

Mitcho Mann is winning the combover battle for me too. Just a single big sweep plastered down with pomade- brazen, obvious, classic. Judd just looks like he was in a hurry at Superdrug and picked up the wrong shade of hair-in-a-can.

Flouncer

Do you know the Mitchell Mann?

He's had a couple of chances to really push ahead in this match but hasn't really taken full advantage. He's been lucky that Trump keeps letting him in so far.

Blue Jam

The Mitchelin Mann?

Come on Mitch, keep Mannsplaining snooker to Judd.

Flouncer

Arrgh, Thepchaiya goes out to Matt Selt. Mann with a chance to clinch the match here!

Blue Jam

Matthew Selt has just beaten Thepchaiya Un-Nooh in a black ball finish. This is shaping up to be a very entertaining little evening, plenty of drama and we've still got half an hour until we reach High Noon here.

Flouncer

Jesus... That was an absolute shitshow on the blue. I didn't think he'd took it on at first, he was that far away from it.

Blue Jam

Awwww unlucky, Mitcho Mitcho Mann.

Looking forward to Mark Allen and Reanne Evans' choices of walk-on music. I Will Survive? I Hate You So Much Right Now?

dr beat

'I gotta hide Jerry, my ex is in town!'

Blue Jam

...and Reanne snubs the handshake...

Blue Jam

I love the way it's so obvious that about 110% of the crowd are behind Reanne here.

sevendaughters

Flouncer

Blue Jam

Quote from: Flouncer on August 16, 2021, 10:17:28 PM
GUWAAARN REANNE!

:D

Both players refusing to look at the table while their opponent's on, looking at the monitors instead. Bit of an Ali Carter move that but entirely understandable here.

sevendaughters

Allen absolutely melting down here

Flouncer

He looks sick as a chip!

Blue Jam

GWAAAAARRRRN REANNE FINISH 'IM OFF