Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:47:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2021

Started by dr beat, January 03, 2021, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flouncer

I'm shitting myself here - When Blue Jam mentioned they had her at 25/1 at Bet365 I went and put a tenner on her.

Blue Jam

I put £2 on her at 20/1 down William Hill, hope I haven't jinxed her.

Flouncer

Fuck's sake! She was really close with that red along the cushion. Allen played a beautiful shot cutting that blue in, to be fair to him.

sevendaughters

think he was generous with the shite safety he played to let her have frame ball. Allen's gonna hoover this decider up now and spend the winnings on the kids' favourite fast food.

Flouncer

This fucking rat-faced humunculus crumpled my £250 in his wotsit-stained claw, and discarded it like a used tissue.

Blue Jam

Sorry Flouncer :( Note the weedy little stakes I always place on bets, I'm probably not someone to look to as a tipster.

Some really high quality snooker there. Wasn't a single foul was there? Evans is impressively ambidextrous. Shame we didn't get the kind of fairytale ending we could all have done with right now.

Flouncer

Haha, don't feel bad Blue Jam! I often stick a tenner on someone if they've got fairly long odds and I think they've got half a chance of winning. I really enjoyed the match with my girlfriend; we had a laugh cheering her on. I'm really pleased with her - she did us proud really. Would have been lovely if she'd won 3-1, if only to shut rat face up!

Blue Jam

Yeah, I like a flutter but I'm a total wuss, I place 0-2 bets per year, my limit is £5 and I'll only bet on underdogs with long odds because I don't see the point of betting on certs- less of a return, less fun. I only bet on snooker as well, it's the only sport I know well enough to want to take a risk now and then. I did consider doing matched betting for a while but it sounds like a complete chore, I've seen it described as "like having a second job" and it looks like the guaranteed returns might not always be worth the (not inconsiderable) effort.

I had a great evening all the same! And despite the outcome Reanne should hold her head up high. She was the better player, a bit unlucky but that's just how this game is.

Flouncer

I'm still up this year - I had a bet on the darts World Championship; I saw that Gary Anderson was at 30/1 in the second round, so I put a tenner each way on him. He got to the final and lost. I won about £200 (would have been more like £500 if he'd won, I think) there so that's funded my bets for the rest of the year! I only put a bet on if I think the bookies are being a bit shady and not giving someone their due. Ladbrokes had Reanne at 12/1 when I looked, which was probably more like it on reflection! I signed up to Bet365 just to put that bet on.

I never get annoyed if I lose a bet. I can't imagine there being any fun in it if you take it that seriously.

Blue Jam

I reckon I've spent £40 tops on betting in my lifetime, maybe a bit less as I might be including a few free bets in that. I've won £90, all from that single bet on James Cahill. Not a great hit rate but fuckit, I'm still ahead. Probably time to quit then, hahaha.

Blue Jam

Oh FFS:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/58250195

Was looking forward to a wee snooker safari in Glesga!

Flouncer

Hendry is doing well against Chris Wakelin, though he's not playing particularly well. Wakelin keeps letting him in but he's struggling to make any decent breaks.

Flouncer

Mark Williams was 2-0 down against Dominic Dale, but he just got a nice 70-odd break to secure the third frame. He's still using his breakoff, which really annoyed Stephen Hendry in the commentary box.

EOLAN

Yay. Vafaei holds on for the win.

EOLAN

Quote from: EOLAN on August 18, 2021, 10:31:15 PM
Yay. Vafaei holds on for the win.

So good I had to post it twice.

Flouncer

Yeah, he played pretty well there. THE PERSIAN PRINCE is a great snooker nickname!

Blue Jam

Quote from: Flouncer on August 18, 2021, 07:56:33 PM
Mark Williams was 2-0 down against Dominic Dale, but he just got a nice 70-odd break to secure the third frame. He's still using his breakoff, which really annoyed Stephen Hendry in the commentary box.

Haha ledge.

Blue Jam

Dammit, another occasion where I find myself rooting for Mark Selby:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/58263782

DocDaneeka

Love the background hiss of air conditioning at the British open. This is the kind of atmosphere we've missed during the pandemic.

sevendaughters

Hendry and White getting spanked by youthful types, bliss.

Blue Jam

Sharter just had Selbeh on the ropes struggling with a tricky five-cushion escape. The Man from Leicester got there in the end though.

Carter is definitely on the same follicular trajectory as Jimmy McGill, called it. Proto-combover over coming along nicely. Better Call Jimmy White.

Selby meanwhile is looking a bit silver round the sides, very distinguished, like it. Looks less like a waiter now he's ditched the gel too.

Blue Jam

Think I just saw Coventry City in da house

EOLAN

Nice to see Soheil Vahedi helping out Hossein Vafaei in the practice hall.

Slessor becominf a CaB hero today knocking out both Trump and Carter.

Blue Jam

Quote from: EOLAN on August 20, 2021, 08:15:49 PM
Slessor becoming a CaB hero today knocking out both Trump and Carter.

...and for being bald and accepting it. No need for a combover, best to just own it and SLAY.

Blue Jam

Interesting last eight. Only Gilbert and Williams from the top 16.

Flouncer

I didn't watch for a couple of days so this field is a bit of a surprise, although Ronnie, Ding and Robbo giving the tournament a swerve did leave it a bit more open than usual. I'd quite like to see Legend Gaz and Mark Williams in the final.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Flouncer on August 21, 2021, 01:51:35 PM
I'd quite like to see Legend Gaz and Mark Williams in the final.

Same!

Flouncer

Wilson vs. Slessor is heating up nicely at 2-2. Gary was 2-0 down and battled his way back to parity.

Blue Jam

Yes, good ol' Battle Of The Balds, this. Watch and learn, Judd.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Going to a decider. Slessor is executioner tier bald.