Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:26:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2021

Started by dr beat, January 03, 2021, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buttgammon

There are some great names here: a guy called Aloysius Yapp is winning the current match.

sevendaughters

Trump is missing some howlers, almost Stephen Lee back alley stuff

sevendaughters

Trump loses 11-10 in a pretty mediocre match all told.

dr beat

TRUMP! KOMPROMAT!! TOOK *ONE HELL* OF A BEATING!!

IN PUTIN'S SHEFFIELD, CRUCIBLE RELOCATES *YOU*!!

EOLAN

Quote from: dr beat on September 16, 2021, 08:57:59 PM
TRUMP! KOMPROMAT!! TOOK *ONE HELL* OF A BEATING!!

IN PUTIN'S SHEFFIELD, CRUCIBLE RELOCATES *YOU*!!

Also his talk of Snooker needing to evolve and attract more of a crowd. There seems to be a real Pittance of a crowd at this.

sevendaughters

yeah Trump really isn't very bright. you can't really make snooker not what it is (like, who gives a fuck about six red snooker?), and switching from bowties to polo shirts is not going to get the kids in. yet snooker is still popular, still draws when free-to-air, and its prize money is vastly higher than pool. it's things like rent and space in cities that Trump needs to get animated about, political programs, not fucking shot clocks and trap beats. i like all cue sports but asking snooker to do things differently is like the head of Asda doing things like Londis.

Blue Jam

Having a "significant" birthday today so as a birthday treat I got back on the baize for the first time since lockdown began. Managed a high break of 8 but was quite pleased with that given my lack of practice (unless you count Snooker 19 on the Xbox).

Also because he is the nicest man in the world Dr Beat booked us a little trip to Ally Pally in January. Two hot pieces of top 16 ass guaranteed. And we're going to be on telly so you lot can have fun spotting a couple of CaBbers in the wild again. Thanks Mr Jam, you're even lovelier than Ding.

Blue Jam

Norn Iron Open kicked off today. Get yerselves over to Eurosport.

Blue Jam

I like the way Andrew Pagett has the hair Judd Trump wishes he could have. Lots of combing, none of it strategic.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Noticed that Strategies was in action the other night, took one look at his parlous follice sit rep and shouted HEAD GONE at the box.

Blue Jam

Mark Williams hobbled by a gout flare-up and having to wear a special gout bootie on one foot.

Better ease off on ledging it up with Jackson Page. He can't keep up with the big beardy boyo.

HAHA LEDGE:

https://mobile.twitter.com/leewalker147/status/1446206527023587329

Blue Jam

Awww Jan Verhaas has grown his hair back. No more Badass Verhaas.

Famous Mortimer

I wish Walker or Williams could spell "you're".

Blue Jam

Mark Williams vs Elliott Slessor on now. Mark ripping off his velcro gout bootie and stretching out his ankle between frames.

Bit worried about Mark tbh. The man's 46 and has already had a heart scare, and now gout, and he just keeps on chucking back the KFC Bargain Buckets and Wetherspoons' ribeye. I don't want to him to go out like Big Bill Werbeniuk.

Blue Jam

Robbo's back on the peroxide and the GHDs :(

Yaaaaay Marcel. In a proper shirt!

Blue Jam

D'awww Robbo's wedding photies

Looks like it was a nice do tbf.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 11, 2021, 07:27:32 PM
Mark Williams hobbled by a gout flare-up and having to wear a special gout bootie on one foot.

Better ease off on ledging it up with Jackson Page. He can't keep up with the big beardy boyo.

HAHA LEDGE:

https://mobile.twitter.com/leewalker147/status/1446206527023587329

"I on them now, dirrahoea now though" made me laugh so much

Blue Jam

Jackson Page is out like gout

Blue Jam

...sorry, made an unforced error there, looks like Jackson Page is ledging on. Jackson Page and Jack Lisowski having a Jack-off tomorrow afternoon.

Blue Jam

MITCHELL MITCHELL MANN through to the quarters.

Mark Williams' partner-in-ledging may have a chance too. Having whitewashed Handsome Jack "The Body" Lisowski ('ee ain't never gonna win NUFFIN') earlier today he's now level pegging with Ricky Walden in round 3. Gwaaaaaarn the world's oldest teenager.

jobotic

Gilbert seems like a good sort. I'm cheering him on now that Gouty's out

Blue Jam

MANN vs YAN on now lads. Worth tuning in just fot MITCHELL MITCHELL MANN's epic combover. Mannly AF.

Blue Jam

Cor, Higgins has slimmed down hasn't he? Trimmed a fair bit of rind off the ol' gammon.

Blue Jam

...and yes, he really has lost weight by getting into shape, not by letting a hefty brown envelope fall out of his pocket.

Awww unlucky Gilbo. Sock game as strong as ever though. Gouty in the crowd, wearing his gout bootie and looking at Gilbo's dashing stripy foot warmers in envy.

jobotic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Looking forward to seeing the emaciated matchrig ball gag cunt

Blue Jam

Riggins has developed an addiction... to spin classes:

https://www.eurosport.com/snooker/northern-ireland-open/2021-2022/i-just-seem-to-be-a-little-bit-addicted-to-them-john-higgins-reveals-big-weight-loss-after-starting-_sto8574836/story.shtml

He's going to go all Ronnie on us now isn't he? Alright John, when's the cookbook out?

First session of the final on now. The Weightwatcher of Wishaw is up against World's Greatest Husband Mark Allen.

Blue Jam

Imagine being behind Riggins in a spin class.

Evening session of the final starting now. Had been looking forward to seeing new Andy Goldstein's replacement Rachel Casey and tonight's choice of fabulous jacket but not tonight, has to be a tasteful and sombre black dress.

Blue Jam

Ronnie had been whining about the lack of atmosphere at the Belfast Waterfront- quelle surprise, but for once I've been with him here, something about this place just sucks all the atmosphere clean out of the arena. Good to hear a few more pissed-up Legend Garys in tonight, really.

This is the first time in years I've wanted the Waistline from Wishaw to win. Mark's become such a bitter bastard recently that I'd love to see him lose his big final on home soil.

German Masters qualifiers next week then European Masters qualifiers the week after, and then it's tournament after tournament until Christmas. God bless Barry Hearn.